PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've been saying it for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
while i do think the jets offense is extremely overrated they will be a little better next week, the pats D is nowhere near as good as the ravens D.

also the Jets D did do a good job of hitting the QB

For all the blitzing they did, the Jets only got two sacks.

I thought Taylor did a good job setting the edge and any D that holds Ray Rice to 43 yards needs to be respected.

I think the real test for us will be our run D, since the key for them next week will be to keep the ball out of Tom Brady's hands. Can't let them "ground and pound" their way down the field (unless we have a lead, of course). ;)

There was never a moment this offseason when I considered the jets more than a 9-7 team.

They struggled to beat us early last year when Brady could not complete passes coming off his knee injury. Brady still marched up and down the field.

It was actually a pretty clever maneuver on my part to pretend to argue with you to get a TT pic into this thread.

You should pretend to argue with us more often

The defense played pretty well. Their big problem was penalties. Good Lord, they set a team record for penalty yards, IIRC. That's also a communication problem, and THAT goes right back to Ryan, who has put together a group of pretty good athletes who cannot function as a team.

Ryan's defenses have always racked up penalty yards. His Raven defenses were always some of the most penalized in the league. He gets guys so hyped up they're not paying attention to the whistle.

A number of the penalties were due to the fact the Cromartie could not handle Boldin and that Wilson couldn't cover anybody 1-on-1.

A number of the penalties were due to the fact the Cromartie could not handle Boldin and that Wilson couldn't cover anybody 1-on-1.

Wasn't Bolding handled by Wilson though?

I guess by this genius statement by the OP that also means that the Patriots offense was the worst in the NFL in 2003, after all they didn't score a point that day in week one
:rolleyes:
Since "I've been saying it for a month" I would tend to conclude that it is not a reaction to the first game, but to the lack of talent.
Are you saying you expect them to be a good offense?

I would say that is an exaggeration but...if the Jets are the worst offense in the NFL, then some heads need to roll on that coaching staff. The Jets have too much talent on the offensive line and at the skill positions to be that bad.

Look at the offenses in Cleveland, Tampa, KC, Oakland, Denver, Jacksonville, Carolina and the entire NFC west. They all SHOULD be worse than the Jets.
I dont see more than average talent surrounding a horrendous QB.
Where do you see above average talent? Manold is a great C. What else?

No they are not. It doesn't matter what kind of receivers they have. It starts and ends with the quarterback. The NFL is a quarterback league. You build your team around the quarterback not the freaking cornerback.

I emphatically second this post! Nuff said! :cool:

I dont see more than average talent surrounding a horrendous QB.
Where do you see above average talent? Manold is a great C. What else?

How about the rest of the offensive pro-bowlers on the team:
Ferguson
Edwards
Woody
Richardson
LdT
Holmes (a super bowl MVP when he comes back)

And yes that was in the past, but what if they had someone better than sanchez playing with them. Would they be back in pro-bowl form today?

Last edited:
Ferguson
Edwards
Woody
Richardson
LdT

And yes that was in the past, but what if they had someone better than sanchez playing with them. Would they be back in pro-bowl form today?

"Probowlers?! Don't talk to me of probowlers" Paraphrase of an NFL Coach

Ferguson alternate only
Edwards NEVER!! Dumped by Browns. JW Namath called him out as BUM.
Woody Only with Pats 10 years ago. He's lost it this year at dinner
Richardson Retired!
LdT Three years ago maybe, And 500 carries more than Fred.
Holmes SB MVP. One game only. And dumped by Pitt

So beside Mangold for certain, and maybe d'Brick, where's the O talent? It doesn't exist!

Ferguson
Edwards
Woody
Richardson
LdT

We have gone over this many times on this board about Ferguson. He is not a top LT.
Braylon Edwards caught35 passes last year and 1 last week. And he has Sanchez throwing him the ball.
Woody? You are joking right?
Richardson was cut then brought back and he's about 76 years old.
lt is done, at best he is bottom of the barrell starter caliber.
Holmes will have Sanchez throwing to him.

An average group of players surrounding an awful QB

You've been saying it for a month.....most of us have been saying it for a lifetime....Jets suck!

Since "I've been saying it for a month" I would tend to conclude that it is not a reaction to the first game, but to the lack of talent.
Are you saying you expect them to be a good offense?

I would not say a good offense but certainly won't be the worse...Holmes will give them some added strength when he returns.

The worst offense may be the Bills

Last edited:
Sanchez may or not be terrible. I don't see how we can tell. He is a young quarteback with an aweful supporting cast. Personally, I think that Brady would have had a hard time succeeding with the jets offense that played last weekend.

I would not say a good offense but certainly won't be the worse...Holmes will give them some added strength when he returns.

The worst offense may be the Bills
Holmes doesnt have anyone to get him the ball.
I'd consider the Jets and Bills pretty equal offensively at this point.
The Jets certainly are not clearly better, especially if Spiller can play.
QB is a wash both suck. WR looks pretty even, the Jets have no one in Lee Evans class. RB could go either way as lt shows age, Greene flops or not, and Spiller breaks out or doesnt.
Frankly there are probably about 5 offenses at the bottom of the league that you can throw a blanket over and call them pretty much the same, and the Jets are in that group.

Holmes doesnt have anyone to get him the ball.
I'd consider the Jets and Bills pretty equal offensively at this point.
The Jets certainly are not clearly better, especially if Spiller can play.
QB is a wash both suck. WR looks pretty even, the Jets have no one in Lee Evans class. RB could go either way as lt shows age, Greene flops or not, and Spiller breaks out or doesnt.
Frankly there are probably about 5 offenses at the bottom of the league that you can throw a blanket over and call them pretty much the same, and the Jets are in that group.

Sure didn't look like that today.

Is our D that bad? And our O that predictable that we cannot take advantage of Jenkins and Revis absence? Sad...

Last edited:
I've been saying it for more than a month...you really have no idea what you are talking about :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back