PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've been saying it for a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like when Brady threw an INT for a first down in the 2006 AFCDG @ San Diego.

Patpsycho is that damn good :)

Looked like Suckchize was going to cry when he got into it with the OC late in the 4th.

The OC was probably telling him to throw a pass more than 10 years downfield.

hope all the people like marshall faulk who said brady was just a game manager in the SB winning teams because of a great defense tell with a straight face that sanchize wouldve done the same...

What I saw was an offense that was dysfunctional. At times it played very well, but it simply couldn't get everyone working on the same page.

The defense played pretty well. Their big problem was penalties. Good Lord, they set a team record for penalty yards, IIRC. That's also a communication problem, and THAT goes right back to Ryan, who has put together a group of pretty good athletes who cannot function as a team.

If the JETS can get everyone to pay attention and be on the same page at the same time, they can win some games. However, until that happens, tonight will be the benchmark and they'll be Detroit East.

I will also say here that the worst thing that team did was to agree to be on "Hard Knocks". I don't think they were or are disciplined enough to do both a TV series as well as pay attention to what they need to do as a football team. I think they've been overly distracted by everything that's been going on, and the result was the performance we all saw tonight.

Coach preaches to the Patriots every day of every week of every month one thing: "Do Your Job". It's that simple. The JETS weren't doing their own jobs, they were trying to compensate for other player's weaknesses, and as a result they started to make errors and forget their own assignments.

The JETS have great potential. Unfortunately, it's results that count. Potential and $5 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks. It won't win games.

Sunday ought to be a GREAT game for New England fans. :D

The Jets may have the worst offense in the NFL.

I would say that is an exaggeration but...if the Jets are the worst offense in the NFL, then some heads need to roll on that coaching staff. The Jets have too much talent on the offensive line and at the skill positions to be that bad.

Look at the offenses in Cleveland, Tampa, KC, Oakland, Denver, Jacksonville, Carolina and the entire NFC west. They all SHOULD be worse than the Jets.

No they are not. It doesn't matter what kind of receivers they have. It starts and ends with the quarterback. The NFL is a quarterback league. You build your team around the quarterback not the freaking cornerback.

I'm pretty sure he (or she) was being sarcastic

Last edited:
And their defense lost their side of beef NT. Losing Jenkins is huge, no pun intended.

Any ETA on return?

It look like that left knee is goosed from the way he fell back

Last edited:
Looked like Suckchize was going to cry when he got into it with the OC late in the 4th.

Clearly forgot they had a game to play, if they are getting into it ;)

Any ETA on return?

It look like that left knee is goosed from the way he fell back

MRI is scheduled, so we shall find out later today I would have thought.

They certainly had the worst offense of week one... Let's see if we can help them live down to that same high standard next week as well!

In the category of "I've been saying...," ever since the schedule came out, I have been saying that it was a very real possibility that the Jests go into Miami in Week Three 0--2, having to beat a team with a chip on its shoulder in its home opener. If they go 0--3, then I think all the newly acquired ego's in that wacko locker room will start to grumble and the fans will long for the days of Chad!

Last edited:

Good you used the word "may".

This is week ONE. No Holmes and the Oline is learning to assimilate their
new guard.
Let's also give some credit to the Ravens. A top 10 D for sure.
If it wasn't for a few fumbles by Greene they may have sustained a drive.
Jets got over 100 yds rushing and Tomlinson average 5.6yds against one
of the better Run D's in the league.

I just hope PATs players don't assume the JETs Offense is one of the worst
in the league.

I guess by this genius statement by the OP that also means that the Patriots offense was the worst in the NFL in 2003, after all they didn't score a point that day in week one
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The way they hyped themselves up all offseason, to come out and play like that is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in football.

Sanchez as a rookie:
28th in the NFL in passer rating,
28th in yards per game
23rd in total yards
24th in TDs
29th in completion percentage
2nd for most interceptions
7th for most fumbles

2010 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Put 8 in the box and dare him to beat you. He is not even Trent Dilfer, who could avoid mistakes. He is a poor man's Rex Grossman.

Last night was hilarious and awful at the same time, but it's only week 1. 2003 taught me that week 1 means very little.

But there are definitely some fundamental problems with Sanchez and this Jets offense. I think the Ravens secondary is in worse shape than ours, which is talented but young, yet the Jets couldn't sum up the courage to go after them. Sanchez looks slow. The coaches don't seem to have much confidence in him. LT showed a bit of burst, but I'm glad he's there instead of Thomas Jones.

Also, for all of Rex's bravado and boasting, what's with the field goal on 4th and 1 from the 10?

The defense is still very good though, even with Cromartie and Wilson. And they still almost won this game. I don't think enough is being made of how awful the Ravens played. The Jets were embarrassed at home on national TV, they're down 0-1, they'll be desperate next week. I'm expecting a much different performance and a much better game out of them.

while i do think the jets offense is extremely overrated they will be a little better next week, the pats D is nowhere near as good as the ravens D.

also the Jets D did do a good job of hitting the QB

I guess by this genius statement by the OP that also means that the Patriots offense was the worst in the NFL in 2003, after all they didn't score a point that day in week one

Let's see if Sanchez turns into Tom Brady 2003-2004.

The Patriots offense was pretty good in 2002, when Brady had his breakout year statiscally. They had also won the SB in 2001. Aside from that, there was little doubt at the time Brady was, at the very least, a top 10 quarterback. You can't even say Sanchez is top 25 right now, and this Jet offense that was anemic in 2009 hasn't shown absolutely ANYTHING to change that perception.

Your analogy is deeply flawed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill