Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's Up To $170 Million

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

Messiah's "Party" is up to 170 Million, the "Pelosi Gang" would all be setting themselves on fire if The Chimp did this.

News Today:
    The country is in the middle of the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression, which isn't stopping rich donors and the government from spending $170 million, or more, on the inauguration of Barack Obama .
    ABC News: What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration

Nothing's To Good For Barry, the Banks aren't going to EVICT anybody until Wednesday so the "poor bastards" can watch Messiah being Crowned on Tuesday.

The DEMOCRATS can get a good Mobile Home and a IPOD for Aunt Zucchini for $15,000

THIS COUNTRY IS GOING INSANE
    BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S EARS ARE GOING TO BE CARVED INTO MT RUSHMORE

2. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I don't think even the strongest of Obama supporters can defend this act of complete wastefulness in a time were we are seeing thousand's lose jobs everyday!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

It is all conjecture and just leads to another right wing circle jerk.. hope everyone has a happy ending..

Media Matters - The AP concocts the cost of Obama's inauguration

more info on the actual cost and the right wing feeding frenzy...

Media Matters - The media myth about the cost of Obama's inauguration

4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

some would argue that he is creating jobs with this event, but you won't find me part of that crowd

5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

at what point will people demand answers? when will people want those wall st people held accoutable and jailed for destroying the economic system?

6. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Hahahahahahahahaha MEDIA MATTERS :singing:

Great find Darryl. Way to pick an unbiased source. Was HuffPo not blogging this one or something?

It even tells you who they are on the front page - A media blog featuring news links and progressive media criticism from around the web, along with commentary from Eric Boehlert, Jamison Foser, and Karl Frisch.

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Here is a challenge to you, post how they came up with the 170 million number.. from what I read it is pretty shoddy reporting... do your homework.

8. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Exactly the POINT, from what you read (from a PROGRESSIVE blog).

Bottom line......... I understand some fudging of the numbers on both sides. That happens ON EVERY STORY. But here's a clue for you. It looks bad to be spending this kind of cash and taking massive donations from Wall Street Execs (who you just helped bail out with our money). IT LOOKS TERRIBLE to the "regular folks". The extravagance is the issue. Not the dollar amount, most of which is for security, which your were gonna spend on either guy.

Don't tell me to do my homework dude. You didn't either, you posted a stupid link to a BIASED report. WFT??????

Last edited: Jan 19, 2009
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Did you see his donors.. did not see a lot of Wall Street Execs.. saw a lot of left coasters.. show me the preponderance of Wall Street Folks..

BTW this is not about you or I, it is a response to Harry Boys post about it costing 170 million.. interesting how you jump all over the rebuttal, but are silent about the fudging of the numbers in the initial post.. but what do we expect in the world of partisan politics.

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Do a little homework for you, here are some figures.. it does not add up to 170 million.. and Wall St. is responsible for 3.6 Million which is a pittance for them

OpenSecrets | No Logos, but Corporate Representation at Obama's Inauguration - Capital Eye

11. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Louis Susman is on the list, as are alot of moneymen, Louis retired this month as vice chairman of banking giant and government bailout recipient Citigroup. You recognize the celebs (and there are a bunch of them of course) more, but that cuz we know all them.

My only issue with you, is that you "rebutted it" with equally UNCREDIBLE source (a progressive news blog). You might just have well said "my uncle Sal". AP is not a RIGHTY site. It's a news outfit (that leans left at that). You just posted commentary, which isn't news.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

As noted the Wall Street Loons contributed 3.7 million, my point is that you were silent on the outrageous 170 million claim.. but were quick to jump on Media Matters..

You have yet to show anything reliable to add veracity to your argument..

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +834 / 2 / -9

Please Give To Help Baracks Aunt Zucchini Who Now Lives In A Cold Dangerous Housing Project Send Donations To
    Aunt Zucchini C/O Harry Boy Maine USA.

I personally donated a Salvation Army Dress to Aunt Zucchini she wanted to go the Inaugural Ball so badly, she wants to dance with Denzel Washington and Barney Frank.
    Thank You
    God Bless You All
    God Bless America
    God Bless Messiah's New Puppy
    God Bless Messiah's Brother In His Grass Hut
    God Bless Messiah's Birth Certificate
    God Bless Governor Blogditch

14. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Still they need to put in some more money for the porta potties. Looks like one potty for every 300 or so people. That's worse than P-10:eek:

15. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

My argument that that Media Matter is a Liberal (progressive) site? They are, they even admit this.

16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +530 / 14 / -28

Last comment, I did not say it was not partisan.. as are many sites.. but sometimes a partisan site can show veracity to an argument.. as shown in the Open Secrets Web site.. the numbers do not match.. that is all.. we could go on and on. 170 Million is a figment of the idle media's imagination.

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +309 / 9 / -12

After the gov officals who forced them to make loans to the unqualified are jailed????;)

18. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 15 / -13

No government officials forced anyone to do anything. The law was plain in only requiring banks to lend money to qualified individuals. Of course, nonbank lenders had even less regulation thanks to the Reagan Revulsion. It doesn't surprise me that Republicans are refusing to take personal responsibility for their economic failures even though they controlled the White House and Congress for close to 5 years. No wonder the Americans threw out the Republicans and elected people who don't just talk personal responsibility, but actually practice it. It will curious to see if the white man's party starts to grow up or continues which it's immature blame game and whining.

19. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

"Let them eat cake".

20. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +680 / 7 / -2

What's $170 million these days anyways? It's probably not even worth the 2 trees someone chopped down to print it on.