PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"It's tough to jump on Pats' bandwagon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, bandwagon fans feel free to stay where you are...

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THE LIKES OF YOU ON OUR BANDWAGON PAL!!

Where do they find these so called writers?:rolleyes:

I guess it's good that it won't be as bad as what happened with the Sox, but something tells me this is bull****. Bandwagon fans are unavoidable unfortunately.

I saw this yesterday and didn't want to give this fellow any attention for his "work", but since it's now on the board........

Reading that column, my overriding reaction is that the writer has serous issues. I usually hate it when people say that about a columnist with whom they disagree, because it is a cop out most times. However, the innuendo and emotional whining of this author just screams out "I have serious jealousy/hatred problems regarding Bill Belichick".

The whole part of him being always "lucky" and landing in the right place at the right time, etc. is sad. It is very Borgesian.

Evidently, this guy writes for a NJ paper and perhaps has had some personal run-ins with BB in the past.

This guy is an idiot. I'm glad he's not on the bandwagon as he would just deplete the IQ level of Patriots fans.

The whole part of him being always "lucky" and landing in the right place at the right time, etc. is sad. It is very Borgesian.

Belichick's been breaking down films since he was 9 years old. He inherited his father's innate sense of scouting. If that's lucky, fine, but considering that he's focused on being a coach for almost 50 years and has worked in the NFL for over 30 years, I'd say he put some effort into the deal.

shoot, we fans are the lucky ones. :cool:

it can't be that tough to jump on and off the bandwagon...people seem to do it every week in the game threads when the Pats aren't blowing people out

nothing more than a jealous new yorker trying to smear those who accomplish what they cannot.

says belichick 'will do anything to win - including cheat'
says about newsday article saying jets cheated too - 'whatever'
lol

so childish.
you'd think their editors would realize what children they are and replace them with grownups.

Ian O'Connor is the guy who called him "Belichicken" the day after Bill left the Jets for NE. We've all seen that headline haven't we? (about 10,000 times!) I wonder if any of these media people actually enjoy watching football?

I saw this yesterday and didn't want to give this fellow any attention for his "work", but since it's now on the board........

Reading that column, my overriding reaction is that the writer has serous issues. I usually hate it when people say that about a columnist with whom they disagree, because it is a cop out most times. However, the innuendo and emotional whining of this author just screams out "I have serious jealousy/hatred problems regarding Bill Belichick".

Evidently, this guy writes for a NJ paper and perhaps has had some personal run-ins with BB in the past.

I thought the same thing -- the entire article had such a sour grapes feel to it that I couldn't finish reading it.

Good! Now there is more room for Real Hardcore fans.Pansies need not apply!

it can't be that tough to jump on and off the bandwagon...people seem to do it every week in the game threads when the Pats aren't blowing people out

Hilarious! Well observed.

The is a hack who makes statements which are on their face false and misleading but then no one holds journalist to any set of rules for they are empowered by the the first amendment which allows them to do and say anything without consequence.

Not true at all.
The 1st ammendment provides for freedom of political speech vs any govt.
And libel laws constrain folks from saying "anything without consequence".

I read a sport page at Steelers newspaper last week and a sport columnist predicted that Steeler would win for 33 listed reasons and everybody knows what happened.

There will always be biased if you live in the same state as your team does. From what I read so far, majority of NY newspapers know the outcome of this game on Sunday.

So what if this guy said something differently. The outcome is going to be the same.

Last edited:
I read a sport page at Steelers newspaper last week and a sport columnist predicted that Steeler would win for 33 listed reasons and everybody knows what happened.

There will always be biased if you live in the same state as your team does. From what I read so far, majority of NY newspapers know the outcome of this game on Sunday.

So what if this guy said something differently. The outcome is going to be the same.

Wow!
Just one column and he tied Aqua/TWs season record for being wrong 33 times!

Very true. Last weeks game thread was a joke; lots of posers, not many posters that belong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes