PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time to REBUILD. What's your plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For crying out loud people! Yes, I agree that the Patriots have some upgrading to do, but all teams do. You people are making it sound like the Pats went 3-13 this season. They got one game away from another Superbowl and took down some outstanding teams along the way! Give these guys a little credit huh?!!!

I am really hopeful for the coming season. With a good draft a team's competitiveness can really jump. Look at the Jets team. Many said that it would be at the bottom of the AFC east, but with a good draft, it really improved the team. Although a large part of its success was due to the new coach EM. In the case of the Pats, we have 2 1st rounders plus all the compensatory picks, and picks acquired through trade. Let's not forget the UDFA rookies that would be coming in. The Pats have considerable success with UDFAs. Let's not forget, we have Kraft/BB/Pioli and TB. Go Pats :rocker:

Our view of the needs of this team will pale after close examination of BB, SP the coordinators and position coaches. Some needs are obvious, while a lot is obscure. I see use taking a hard look at our LB corps, safeties and WR's.. Clark should have been picked up by a safety, not a LB with no experience. Bottom line is that our O did not fail, our D failed and it allowed the Colts to eat up massive amounts of time on the field and massive amounts of yards. Not sure if it is the flu, or if it is was just Manning.. most likely a combination of both.

Who the heck is Baker?

Why was Alexander playing?

Where was Colvin the second half?

What happened to the DLine?

Rebuilding yeah-the WR's and the LB's are top priority. The secondary needs help too.

The Pats gave up 32 points in the second half-that is just inexcusable.

I'd franchise Samuel for the year unless they plan on bringing in a FA who can play. The rest of that secondary-no thanks. Hobbs is fine as a ST and nickel back-but not a starter.

Bye TBC and please get us a couple of young LB's.

For crying out loud people! Yes, I agree that the Patriots have some upgrading to do, but all teams do. You people are making it sound like the Pats went 3-13 this season. They got one game away from another Superbowl and took down some outstanding teams along the way! Give these guys a little credit huh?!!!

I'm really tired of people using the "we finished 4 points short of getting to the SB" and "we allowed the least number of points" and "our offense is ranked in the top ten" comments to try to negate the FACT that the Patriots are severely lacking in talent. It's actually a testament to the coaches that the Patriots did as well as they did this year. However, the goal of the Patriots isn't to be "4 points short of the SB"....that's the goal that's reserved for teams like the Jets and the Browns. Particularly, when we LOST after have a frigging EIGHTEEN POINT lead. That shows the reality behind the "franchise record for points allowed". We couldn't get ONE first down, with a three point lead and a little over two minutes left. That shows the real face of our offense, not the "top ten ranking in points scored". I thought nothing could be worse than losing on a last second Vinatieri kick but now I know better. I would take losing on a last second kick, or just getting blown out to the choke job the Pats put in last night. And the reason for the choke job is that we LACK TALENT. The middle of our defense has been a problem all season whenever our slow as hell linebackers have been asked to cover a tightend. That's what killed the Pats in this game...not Wayne and Harrison but Manning throwing to wide open tightends all night (not just Clark, but stiffs off the bench). On the other side, our "speedy" first round pick Watson, couldn't get open to save his life. Our receivers apparently can't run slants or comeback routes or any of the routes that are successfully and routinely run on the Pats. Our QB throws interceptions instead of finding an open receiver on the 13 yard line. Hope that finally ends the stupid "Brady is clutch" comments. Point of my rant is that like VCJ states, we need to add PHYSICAL FOOTBALL talent to this team in a hurry.

I'm really tired of people using the "we finished 4 points short of getting to the SB" and "we allowed the least number of points" and "our offense is ranked in the top ten" comments to try to negate the FACT that the Patriots are severely lacking in talent. It's actually a testament to the coaches that the Patriots did as well as they did this year. However, the goal of the Patriots isn't to be "4 points short of the SB"....that's the goal that's reserved for teams like the Jets and the Browns. Particularly, when we LOST after have a frigging EIGHTEEN POINT lead. That shows the reality behind the "franchise record for points allowed". We couldn't get ONE first down, with a three point lead and a little over two minutes left. That shows the real face of our offense, not the "top ten ranking in points scored". I thought nothing could be worse than losing on a last second Vinatieri kick but now I know better. I would take losing on a last second kick, or just getting blown out to the choke job the Pats put in last night. And the reason for the choke job is that we LACK TALENT. The middle of our defense has been a problem all season whenever our slow as hell linebackers have been asked to cover a tightend. That's what killed the Pats in this game...not Wayne and Harrison but Manning throwing to wide open tightends all night (not just Clark, but stiffs off the bench). On the other side, our "speedy" first round pick Watson, couldn't get open to save his life. Our receivers apparently can't run slants or comeback routes or any of the routes that are successfully and routinely run on the Pats. Our QB throws interceptions instead of finding an open receiver on the 13 yard line. Hope that finally ends the stupid "Brady is clutch" comments. Point of my rant is that like VCJ states, we need to add PHYSICAL FOOTBALL talent to this team in a hurry.

I agree that the Pats needs a serious upgrade in talent. It is a testament to the coaching staff and the system that the Pats reached that far into the playoffs, in a game which the Pats could have won. Hope the FO would be flexible enough. Go Pats:rocker:

The patriots need less of an infusion of talent than in any year in recent memory.

PF1996 -
Your RANT is half full of garbage.
1) The Patriots do NOT lack talent. They have a very talented group of players. YOU make it sound like the Pats were garbage and didn't even make the play-offs.

2) Brady has been VERY Clutch and your ignorant for saying otherwise. Just because he has one bad series doesn't make him NOT CLUTCH anymore.

3) The play-calling was as much of an issue as the players NOT executing the plays properly when it came to not getting the 1st down with a bit more than 2 minutes left. But it wasn't from lack of talent.

4) Watson was getting open. In fact, he had a couple of good receptions there in the 2nd half.

5) Your rant about the routes the Pats were running is stupid. You blame the PLAYERS yet you forget that it was the offensive coordinator and Belichick sending the plays into Brady. If they weren't calling Stop routes, come-back routes, and slants, then how can you blame the PLAYERS for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back