Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's time to put the "Big Dig" criminals in jail

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Jul 11, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

One begins to think that the Big Dig corruption may be as a great or greater than Halliburton, sad to say.

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's Bush's fault. That bastard.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Double post, sorry.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2006
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Christy Mihos, running as an independent for governor, has my tacit approval to run on this issue alone. In his case, it couldn't be construed as "fear mongering" or anything like it, because he has been calling everyone out on this since before he was fired by Swift, and nobody listened. Unfortunately for all of us, it looks like he was right.

Watch for the other creeps running to jump in this.

6. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

How many lawyers do you think are calling the women who crawled out of the car? And of course, at the relatives of the dead woman's. This one sadly is going to cost y'all up there in Mass! I can't even imagine the settlement they are (and rightfully so) going to get. How do you spend what 14 billion on a tunnel and it falls on your head within it's first what four years of being open? Plus of course, they already knew about this problem. Open up your wallets, this is going to hurt.

7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I got a speeding ticket in that tunnel not two months ago. I was in the left lane, westbound. Its one thing to drive through it at 45mph, that being the posted speed limit I've since learned:D Its another thing to sit in a speed trap for an entire shift looking up at that ceiling. I guess there won't be a lot more tickets issued under there anymore.

I wonder if I could use the weak ceiling as an excuse for hurrying through there when I go to court?

8. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

You should try it. Who know, maybe some judge would relate.

9. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

Absolutely! tell the judge that you were in fear for your LIFE!!!!

10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The most liberal and most corrupt state in the union was given a $15 billion check to build some roads and bridges. Sure enough, everyone was more interested in figuring out what they could steal than in building a safe tunnel.

Every single citizen saw this coming for several years now. They have dodged some bullets in the past but unfortunately we now have an individual that died in one of the most horrible, heinous ways imaginable.

These sorts of things don't happen in other states to the level they do here. The corruption, the thievery, the complete disregard for the people who live here.

Anyone wanna bet it was a union worker that decided he wouldn't bother to screw in the rivets...? Maybe he was late for his 90 minute coffee break.

11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Points of clarification: Angel is a man's name in many cultures. The person that crawled from the car was a man (the husband of the woman who was killed).

This particular tunnel had been open over 10 years. For some reason I never really understood, it was originally only open to buses and taxis. However, it should be noted that the specific section where the incident took place had only been opened 3.

The I-93 tunnel couldn't even afford to attach tiles all the way to the top like you have in the Ted Williams Tunnel because too many people were stealing every dime they possibly could. What else do you expect in the most corrupt state in the country..?

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,010 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Yes and i doubt the corruption is specific to any party. greed is neither conservative or liberal...it's a sickness more than enough of them have.

13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's all well and good, but when some liberal is talking about how eeeeeeeeeeeeevil the Republicans, Halliburton and Dick Cheney are, did you post the same response...?

14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Natsios

It goes to show why the Iraq reconstruction funds were stolen by corrupt businesses with close ties to the Bush family portfolio.

In case you didn't know, that Natsios who oversaw the Big Dig was appointed to a position by Bush.

So once again, the lying cons continue to distort the truth. Well done Ted.

15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Check your GOP-Rush Limbaugh talking points Qui Non...Louisiana is the most corrupt, not Massachusetts.

16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,010 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Blow the roof off of that with all the
    $$$ flowing in there in the next 10-20 years.

17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

"Oh look, isn't that Ted Kennedy"

"TEDDY, TEDDY, we love you Teddy, God bless you"
    :bricks:

18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Pretty weak to blame a union iron worker. I'm not pro-union, but you sure as hell can't blame them. There's such a thing as an inspector, whether it's a state paid one or an in-house one, doesn't matter. Eithr the state blew it, the in-house guy did, or the paid-by-the-company engineer f-d up.

19. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Here in Chicago, Mayor Daley's machine is running into some federal problems. A couple of his assistants have already pleaded guilty in hiring schemes and IMO is just a matter of time before Daley gets indicted. Remember the story of the porch breaking and people getting crushed to death. As it turns out, the person who inspected the porch was a crony with no knowledge in the construction field. Spin was circulated that the kids were jumping up and down, although there were no witnesses to that fact. Yea Chicago, those corrupt Democrats..................but wait, wasn't the Republican Governor of Illinois just found guilty of corruption. The scandal that brought him down was when six children died in a van crash exposing a scheme in which truck drivers obtained licenses for bribes from the state.
    If you think it was only Democrats involved in all the backdoor deals involving the Big Dig then, I've got some great waterfront property for your next purchase.

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +593 / 24 / -19

This is why I believe in big government. My own experience is that state and local government is much more corrupt, in part because the media doesn't invest as much money in exposing them. The feds are scrutinized much more carefully and have fewer ways to hide their misdeeds.

QuiGon, as far a union worker being responsible for the mistake, is that where the buck stops? My view is that management is responsible and, besides, union workers generally do great work -- sure they get paid more and work less sometimes, but they know what they're doing. Perhaps management cut corners at the behest of senior management that needed to report better numbers to their executives.

Let's hope this terrible tragedy was a fluke and not a sign of things to come.