PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time to get over it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over it. Sort of. We lost, we got outplayed, we didn't deserve to win that game. We weren't the best team ever, we weren't perfect. BB/Pioli will improve the team through the draft, and they'll come back ready to pursue perfection and a title again next season.

Last edited:
you keep implying that Harrison played bad this year.

where are you getting this from?

do you even watch the games?
I don't like Harrison as a player, but I never said he played bad. All I'm saying is that maybe it's time to move on, get younger and faster at safety. He doesn't scare teams like he used to. Besides, how much does he have left in the tank anyway?

Dropkick Flutie is a Bills fan. That should lend some insight into most of his posts here, most of which are backhanded compliments or outright trolls.
Bills fan, yes. Backhanded complements, maybe. Outright trolls, no. I know and respect where I'm posting, and I try not to say anything "trollish". The Pats are the talk of the NFL... I want to know my enemy.

This thread was not intended fro trolls to come in and start food fights. If you are a fan of another team, you have nothing to get over except the infractions that will come if you continueto hijack threads that have nothing to do with your team.
I'm not hijacking anything... I'm here to talk about the Pats. Don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore.

I don't like Harrison as a player, but I never said he played bad. All I'm saying is that maybe it's time to move on, get younger and faster at safety. He doesn't scare teams like he used to. Besides, how much does he have left in the tank anyway?

Bills fan, yes. Backhanded complements, maybe. Outright trolls, no. I know and respect where I'm posting, and I try not to say anything "trollish". The Pats are the talk of the NFL... I want to know my enemy.

I'm not hijacking anything... I'm here to talk about the Pats. Don't like what I have to say, put me on ignore.

I don't have that option anymore. I have to see what people post, even if it pains me.

You are changing the subject of the thread and making it about something entirely different. That's called hijacking. There was a thread about Rodney, if you want to post about him, do it there.

Final warning.

The Giants scored more points on the vaunted Green Bay secondary in -30 wind chill than they did on the Patriots defense in perfect weather on a fast track in the Super Bowl.

Your argument holds no water. Mostly because you've been handed a sieve by ESPN to hold it in. :rofl:

lolz

if I remember the talking heads correctly, jax was the best 2nd half offense and sd was the other best --- look out old pats defense!!

I wonder if nitwittanylions could list me 5 defenses better than the pats in '07.

OK then, most people don't seem to want to get over it. Well the Eagles had something to say about that:

Get over it
Get over it
All this whinin’ and cryin’ and pitchin’ a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
If you don’t want to play, then you might as well split
Get over it, get over it

You drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown

Get over it
Get over it
All this *****in’ and moanin’ and pitchin’ a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
It’s gotta stop sometime, so why don’t you quit
Get over it, get over it
:rofl:

OK, maybe I shouldn't have gone that far. I apologize for calling it embarrassing. But I can tell you right now - it's not jealousy. There is no way, even if the Pats had gone 19-0, that I would want to be a Pats fan.

Funny how there's Pats fans who go onto my team's boards and when they say anything derogatory about the team that I root for, it's just "reality" and "speaking the truth," but when anyone does it about the Patriots, it's "jealousy." I'm sorry to call it embarrassing, but when your defense makes Boller and Feeley look as good as Tom Brady, the defense needs a little work. It's not that hard to admit.

If you don't think there is a ton of jealousy and envy toward the Patriots across the nation, you have your head in the sand.

While being interviewed over SB weekend, Frank Gifford answered a question regarding the source of all the attacks upon Belichik and the Patriots by saying, "I think it all comes from envy of the Patriots success"

Now YOU may not be envious, but millions are and you can deny it if you want but you'd be wrong. BTW...there is nothing to hate about them.

If you don't think there is a ton of jealousy and envy toward the Patriots across the nation, you have your head in the sand.

While being interviewed over SB weekend, Frank Gifford answered a question regarding the source of all the attacks upon Belichik and the Patriots by saying, "I think it all comes from envy of the Patriots success"

Now YOU may not be envious, but millions are and you can deny it if you want but you'd be wrong. BTW...there is nothing to hate about them.

Hahaha. I will tell you right now that I was saying that I, personally, am not, and never was, jealous.

And I'm sure that a lot of people are envious...although I wouldn't use the estimate of "millions." People have reasons, and they aren't because of jealousy. That's what a lot of NE fans may WANT to think, but it's not necessarily true.

I've got my own theories as to why people hate the Pats, and it has nothing to do with jealousy or envy.

The Giants, Colts, and Steelers have won Super Bowls lately, and the Colts have been a dominating team during the regular season. Didn't they just set a record for most consecutive seasons with 12+ wins? And Peyton Manning is seen as pretty annoying in all those commercials. Yet no one hates the Colts nearly as much as people hate the Pats. Why is that? Even after the Colts won the Super Bowl, no one really hated them (well, except Pats fans). I'll let you try to sort that one out.

lolz

if I remember the talking heads correctly, jax was the best 2nd half offense and sd was the other best --- look out old pats defense!!

I wonder if nitwittanylions could list me 5 defenses better than the pats in '07.

So very clever and mature to resort to name-calling. The point was that the defense was old and faded during the last part of the season. I'll also throw in the point that when your offense is that good (why do people ignore everything I say but the derogatory things, which I did apologize for btw, as should be noted by the Admins), forcing other teams to become so one-dimensional makes the defense look pretty good.

NE had a good defense during the regular season. But I believe that DropkickFlutie's point (can't even remember exactly what it was - why do you people feel the need to be right on every tiny point?) was that it was old and faded towards the end. NE had a top 5 defense in the regular season (beating up on offensively anemic teams like Buffalo, NYJ, etc.). But they didn't crack the top 5 in the postseason for sure. That's the point - it faded in the latter half of the season, as well as the postseason.

Feel free to continue to try and inflate your own ego by chuckling with your cronies about "nitwits," but also feel free to take off the homer glasses at any point and start an actual discussion. As for me, I'm going to obey the Admin and stop this pointless banter that's changing the purpose of the thread. I don't care if you "get the last word in," because it doesn't matter that much to me.

Every time I think I'm over it something happens that makes me think "but we were sooooo close!"
I'm getting there, but I'm not there yet ;)

What makes it extra hard for me to get over it is the fact that pure talent wise, this was the best team under BB....but they failed to achieve what their lesser talented counterparts did...3 times over. For example, I expected less from the 2005 team than what they did...in fact once they got past Jax, I viewed them as playing with house $$ really. Sure they blew themselves up in the playoffs with 5 turnovers against the MUCH HATED DENVER...grrrr! I was angry with the way they lost that game, but I couldn't see them winning a SB that year anyway. The defense was horrible for most of the year and had just started getting better towards the end of the year. This year, solely due to the SB loss, was like when you have a kid who's a genius and he brings home all "Cs". :mad:

Hahaha. I will tell you right now that I was saying that I, personally, am not, and never was, jealous.

And I'm sure that a lot of people are envious...although I wouldn't use the estimate of "millions." People have reasons, and they aren't because of jealousy. That's what a lot of NE fans may WANT to think, but it's not necessarily true.

I've got my own theories as to why people hate the Pats, and it has nothing to do with jealousy or envy.

The Giants, Colts, and Steelers have won Super Bowls lately, and the Colts have been a dominating team during the regular season. Didn't they just set a record for most consecutive seasons with 12+ wins? And Peyton Manning is seen as pretty annoying in all those commercials. Yet no one hates the Colts nearly as much as people hate the Pats. Why is that? Even after the Colts won the Super Bowl, no one really hated them (well, except Pats fans). I'll let you try to sort that one out.

My friend, I'm way ahead of you. I've had it sorted out for a long time. The Patriots were hated before spygate but that just gave opposing fans a "raison d'etre" to pile on. I guarantee you if the Patriots had not enjoyed the success they have had, there would be no hatred...end of story.

Millions is no exaggeration...it is certainly millions. Considering the fact that there are over 300 million people in the U.S. and that at LEAST 50 million or 15% of them are fans of the NFL...I'd without a doubt there are millions who hate the Patriots. There are huge websites devoted to fans hatred of the Patriots. See below;

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/photos/why-america-hates-the-patriots/

Also, all the teams you named don't come close to the Patriots dominance of the past 8 years. They're not even in the same neighborhood! Again, unless your head is in the sand! There is only one dynasty since 2000 and that is the New England Patriots...like it or not.

How's that for "sorting it out"?:D

Last edited:
So very clever and mature to resort to name-calling. The point was that the defense was old and faded during the last part of the season. I'll also throw in the point that when your offense is that good (why do people ignore everything I say but the derogatory things, which I did apologize for btw, as should be noted by the Admins), forcing other teams to become so one-dimensional makes the defense look pretty good.

NE had a good defense during the regular season. But I believe that DropkickFlutie's point (can't even remember exactly what it was - why do you people feel the need to be right on every tiny point?) was that it was old and faded towards the end. NE had a top 5 defense in the regular season (beating up on offensively anemic teams like Buffalo, NYJ, etc.). But they didn't crack the top 5 in the postseason for sure. That's the point - it faded in the latter half of the season, as well as the postseason.

Feel free to continue to try and inflate your own ego by chuckling with your cronies about "nitwits," but also feel free to take off the homer glasses at any point and start an actual discussion. As for me, I'm going to obey the Admin and stop this pointless banter that's changing the purpose of the thread. I don't care if you "get the last word in," because it doesn't matter that much to me.

:rofl:

And yet here you are, posting on the Patriots website!:rolleyes:

lol

I'm already over it. Looking forward to next season and another run at the Super Bowl.

Too bad we don't play the Giants though as the only thing that still gets me riled up is the whole "we stomped em" crap.

Yeah some stomp. More like a string of good luck. A lucky sack escape, a break when Samuel had the INT go right through his hands. A flukie circus catch against a helmet. Yeah, right some stomping you gave us. I'm not going to cry over bad luck as the Patriots have had their share of luck in the past (i.e. THE TUCK)? but this "We stomped em" crap is a bit much.

Maybe we will get our revenge on them in the next Super Bowl, but I'd lay odds that the Pats will be back in the big game long before the Giants are.

p.s. Bills fans should be more worried about keeping their team in Buffalo than worrying about the Patriots fortunes. Senile old Ralph penny-pinching Wilson has already made a deal with the devil in Toronto (Aka as Maple Sports and Entertainment, you know the same group that does such fine work winning championships with their Maple Leafs).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes