Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's The Right's Fault that Wright Speaks With Forked Tongue?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Apr 29, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Some of our liberal friends here blame the right for the distortion of our new favorite reverand ... Wright.

Check this out ... he speaks with the forked tongue or is it forked brain ... :p

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/04/wrights_evasion_in_his_nationa.html

2. PF1996

PF1996 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Only person with a forked brain is you. What's contradictory about those comments? Wright expresses support for the existence of the state of Israel but is opposed to the occupation of Palestinian territories (i.e. West Bank and GAza) or do you not know that Israel was created in 1948 and not 1967? Or perhaps it's basic math, rather than history, that is problematic for you? :rofl: :rofl:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given your crazed obsession with Obama. Too bad for you that Clinton's campaign reflects the general incomeptence of the Democratic party.

:rofl:

3. MosiT

MosiT Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: It\'s The Right\'s Fault that Wright Speaks With Forked Tongue?

In addition to that, in 1948 when the United Nations granted the Israeli partition and declared them an independent state they made the same offer to the Palestinians. An independent state much like that of Israel and living next door to them.

They refused and said that they would drive the Israelis into the sea.

The rest is history.

4. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Re: It\'s The Right\'s Fault that Wright Speaks With Forked Tongue?

1. So, it is safe to assume then that you are okay with all the decisions made 60 years ago, including our own, regarding segregation, human rights, etc.

2. If the Palestinians rejected the offer made in 1948, does that give Israel the right to force them forever to live like animals, without the basic human rights recognized by the very same UN?

3. Since you seem to love to bring up the UN constantly in regards to this issue, how about the many resolutions that were passed by the very same UN comdemning Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and the illegal occupation of Palestine and Syria?

The point is that you cannot pick and choose (the ones you like) among the UN decisions to make your point, while ignoring many other decisions by the very same body, and the fact is that the vast majority of the UN resolutions regarding this matter are not in her favor, therefore ignored and violated by Israel, not to mention the tens of thousands of people without a home, or any basic human rights.

Of course, no one is condoning terrorism and we are all in agreement that the cowardly acts committed by the Palestinian terrorists should be condemned but we also need to recognize the fact that Israel is not an angel in this conflict either. They have killed many times more than they have lost. Zionism is racism in its purest form and condemned by many, including many many Jews, all over the world, including the US.

So, Wright is not wrong in his claims. Not at all.
    At this point, no matter what the history is, the two sides need to sit down and resolve this once and for all.
    If they want to put an end to children dying, that is.
    And we need to push Israel just as the Palestinians have been pushed, to do just that, by divesting as opposed to blind support which gets us nothing but the hatred of the Muslim World.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 6 / -2

Israel is no angel, let me make that clear. However, when the partition resolution was made, the first action by the regional players, was to join up, in an attempt to exterminate Israel. They lost, Israel kept the lands they took in that process, and those same players have been crying foul ever since. I understand it was 60 years ago. However, these same players have been funding terrorism ever since. I don't know what the answer is over there, as there really isn't an easy one. I can't condemn one side, over the other though. Both have blood on their hands, but you can totally see where Israeli's would be a little guarded, and skeptical, of the people around them.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

I guess the question become why the wright wing fascination of all things Wright?? Is it necessary to start a sixth thread on the same man, why don't you bring up something different.. in other words how has a preacher man become so relevant and important.. it just goes on and on and on and on and on...

7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Didn't Obama make some big speech about the guy yesterday?

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

This thread is not about Obama or his speech..

9. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

But it's about Wright...why does it bother you?

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +430 / 12 / -26

Because it is idiotic to keep bringing up that same old, same old.. and to me seems blatantly racist.. this would not be happening if Wright were white and made a comparable comparison.. the bottom line is that many white folks are intimidated by a black democratic president.. if Obama was a middle of the road black guy who did not have Hussein as a middle name, attend a fundraiser with William Ayer or have a preacher like Wright all of this would be a non-story. But he is not, so the fascination with this man and he is given inordinate attention, all the while many of our recent presidential candidates are given a pass and have not had the scrutiny that this man has had. I always thought that in the real world people elected the president based on what he was going to do for this country, rather than what his preacher says.

I also think if the mods were doing their job they would merge all these threads, why do my comments bother you??

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Your comments don't bother me, I'm just trying to chat, understand you a little.

12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,150 / 13 / -27

#87 Jersey

Perhaps if you fix him some tea and put a few biscuits
    out he will be more willing to chat ... chit-chat that is...:p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings: