PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's the Reputation that was at stake, not the penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

NENGFAN

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
and thats what hurts the most. I know the media has blown this out of proportion and is totally worng in doing so but they have succeeded in giving fans outside of NE a great excuse to taint our SBowl wins. I used to parade the fact that we were a model organization and TB is one of all time greats but even though I believe that - its going to be a hard task when discussing with others as they have a perfect out clause "You guys are proven cheaters". I know they are wrong and the media has basically sh*t on us big time (something I will never forgive them for) but now they have a legit excuse.

I really don't care about the penalty - its the rep. Hopefully this dies down soon and we win the whole thing once again but what a week it has been. I have been a zombie - not getting any sleep thinking about this stuff while last week I was getting ready for a what was supposed to be a fun filled NFL season. It has taken alot out of me. I take these things too seriously I guess.

It does put a damper on it but maybe when they start playing again it will become better.

Just some thoughts from a loyal fan.......

and thats what hurts the most. I know the media has blown this out of proportion and is totally worng in doing so but they have succeeded in giving fans outside of NE a great excuse to taint our SBowl wins. I used to parade the fact that we were a model organization and TB is one of all time greats but even though I believe that - its going to be a hard task when discussing with others as they have a perfect out clause "You guys are proven cheaters". I know they are wrong and the media has basically sh*t on us big time (something I will never forgive them for) but now they have a legit excuse.

I really don't care about the penalty - its the rep. Hopefully this dies down soon and we win the whole thing once again but what a week it has been. I have been a zombie - not getting any sleep thinking about this stuff while last week I was getting ready for a what was supposed to be a fun filled NFL season. It has taken alot out of me. I take these things too seriously I guess.

It does put a damper on it but maybe when they start playing again it will become better.

It's funny. I'm the exact opposite of you. I don't care about the rep. I'm secure enough not to care what other people think about the Pats. There are haters everywhere.

But I am very upset about the draft pick. This is huge.

Such a bunch of hand wringers!

We won those super bowls fair and square, and even the trolls know it. They just want something to talk about.

The pick hurts. It hurts bad. But this is the end....my only friend the end...

Remember how awesome those Super Bowls felt?

It's funny. I'm the exact opposite of you. I don't care about the rep. I'm secure enough not to care what other people think about the Pats. There are haters everywhere.

I wish I was more like you. Maybe that's the right thing to do. Not care about other's perceptions as they will always think we are at fault in some way or the other. I am sure when we start playing on Sunday - this will become moot.

GO PATS!!!

That's called league parity........... We've been good too long.

They want us to be humiliated and to go away. Thats what pairity is....... a very fancy term for mediocrity.

Funny, but I agree with the first post. Not because I am currently living outside the NE area; it was with great pride and dignity that I wear my Pats stuff when I travel to other places and talk (rather, used to talk) about what a class organization we were. I still believe that we are a cut above the rest but with the media and other players lynching us in the last week, I want to stay low until we win every game and take the SB without talking to any of the media.

The "reputation" doesn't do anything for us now, and it never did before. We were supposed to beat Denver in the playoffs because Tom Brady's "reputation" was better than Jake Plummer's "reputation". Peyton Manning wasn't supposed to beat us in the playoffs because he had the "reputation" for choking in the big game.

Games are never won on reputation. The only thing reputation is good for is having the talking heads say nice things about your team. I'd rather them trash my team and then win than have all the compliments in the world and lose.

Before, I believe Pats fans dwelled on the past too much when judging our games and now we have nothing to do but look forward. Let the haters like Hines Ward live in the past and try and taint our trophies, they'll soon find out it's not much different between now and then.

Don't be. It sucks, but we still have one. My guess is we woulda dumped one anyway, because to sign two 1's might have been tying up a little too much $$ on unproven talent IMO.

Look at it this way, we let Branch go and got nothing for him. The way he played Sunday, I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
I agree about the rep. Now every time I talk about the dynasty with a non-Pat fan it will turn into a conversation about cheating *ugh*. Losing a low first rounder hurts, but can always be replaced through FA or giving a even lower (cheaper) draft pick a chance to step up and perform.

I'm acctualy glad this came out on the first game. That way when we win the SB this year there will be no question who the best team is and has been the past 6 years.

Funny, but I agree with the first post. Not because I am currently living outside the NE area; it was with great pride and dignity that I wear my Pats stuff when I travel to other places and talk (rather, used to talk) about what a class organization we were. I still believe that we are a cut above the rest but with the media and other players lynching us in the last week, I want to stay low until we win every game and take the SB without talking to any of the media.

C'mon now- you are going to "lay low" based on what other people think? You don't have to be rooting for a great team or class organization to have "pride and dignity" in your team. During baseball season I wear Nationals gear around no matter what because I am proud to be rooting for them and I know that I am always their to cheer them on. So I take great pride in sticking with my teams.

Remember, no matter what your team does, as long as you stay true to the team, you have nothing to worry about. Sure, my week goes along a little better after a win but thick or thin, I'm always there for my boys, and Sunday night I will pack a little extra firepower into my yelling :)

Kind of how you screamed the same thing here after Super Bowl XL. Now you're getting a taste of your own medicine, and it's bitter? Difference is, you guys have three Super Bowls in question now.

OK then, so I guess we're stuck with 3 tarnished Lombardi's to your 5 steriod tarnished Lombardi's. I love how moronic trolls who live in glass houses get all self righteous.

OK then, so I guess we're stuck with 3 tarnished Lombardi's to your 5 steriod tarnished Lombardi's. I love how moronic trolls who live in glass houses get all self righteous.

Ah, little difference. Nobody ever proved those 5 Lombardis had anything to do with steroids. Unlike the Patriots, who were PROVEN guilty by hard, confiscated evidence.

Your imagination versus my facts. Sorry, you lose.

Ah, little difference. Nobody ever proved those 5 Lombardis had anything to do with steroids. Unlike the Patriots, who were PROVEN guilty by hard, confiscated evidence.

They were proven to be taping in ONE GAME that the commish admitted had NOTHING to do with the outcome of the game. If you want to find a report that goes back to 01, 03 or 04 then maybe you'd have something.

Maybe it's because I'm a UConn bball fan and I already saw how illogical and idiot fans can be in these situations. They become haters, and nothing you say will appease them.

If you really have to talk to them, think of ways to get under their skin. I can think of a half-dozen retorts right away that will leave them speechless.

neng,
When a person or team sees a meteoric rise to prominence, he/it develops mortal enemies. Historically, despots resolve this problem with a bloodletting "purge", to prevent future turmoil. If they don't they are asking for dissension and civil war. In the NFL, a purge is obviously impossible (although the end of the salary cap would be a good start). Therefore, we simply have to accept the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. Kraft and BB did not rise to power by accident, and they know how to protect themselves. Watch and wait, and in time these slugs will receive their due reward. Organizations will learn not to F with the Pats, as they have done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots