PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its THAT time of year again.... and people still fall for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, its THAT time of year again folks. What time of year, are you asking? The PRE-DRAFT RUMOR MILL Time of year. The time of year when there are more FALSE rumors out there than there are fleas on a half-starved dog.

Rumors of the Browns wanting Russell. Rumors that the Lions are content to trade down. Rumors that the Raiders love Russell, but want to trade out of the #1 spot. Rumors that Moss is going to the Packers.

"Will you look at all these rumors surroundin me every day" - From RUMORS by Timex Social Club

Here's a rumor. The Pats had Casario in LSU watching Russell and they are talking of shipping Brady to Oakland in a BLOCKBUSTER because Kraft wants to re-enact the Jim Plunkett deal.

Last edited:
I like it. With the WR's we have I think its sufficient to say we no longer need Brady. If we cannot get Bledsoe back on the team, Russell would not be a bad option.

I like it. With the WR's we have I think its sufficient to say we no longer need Brady. If we cannot get Bledsoe back on the team, Russell would not be a bad option.
We really need to have a sarcasm emoticon... :)

I'm an anti-rumor guy, but rumors are what the draft is all about.

Let's face it, nobody knows anything for sure until the players are picked, so rumor away!

There was a rumor back in 2000 that the Patriots were contemplating drafing a QB - but everyone knew and upgrade wasn't necessary, after all, our existing QB did more than get us one minute away from going to a Super Bowl four years earlier - he actually got us there!

I'm an anti-rumor guy, but rumors are what the draft is all about.

Let's face it, nobody knows anything for sure until the players are picked, so rumor away!

No no no. You must have facts to post on this board.

I think this is a sound rule. Only those who know what is going to happen as a FACT in the draft may post about the draft!

[Insert all relevant smiley emoticons.]

I think this is a sound rule. Only those who know what is going to happen as a FACT in the draft may post about the draft!

Why bother posting or checking this site until draft day then? :rolleyes:

Do some people here have inside info? :rolleyes:

So this will become a blog on what happens after it happens :rolleyes:

Sounds like fun :rolleyes:

Clearly all these rumors can indicate just one thing....

Steve Grogan is coming outta retirement baby!:rocker:
:rolleyes:

exactly...i am sick of being told what to post and people being attacked for posting something that is not in line with what others think. This is a ******* message board and it was designed for this very purpose...to post stuff and talk about things. Damn, that just pisses me off to no end!

I like it too. Brady is getting old. Why, he'll turn thirty, in a couple of years. We have to plan ahead.

Use the other first day pick for a WR. And then draft a P in the third! ;)

In the 7th, lets use the comp pick on a DE/OLB conversion too After all, we ought to draft a LB to develop sometime. :singing:

Actually I read somewhere that the Pats coaching staff is in love with Cassel, and that Brady is considered expendable. Like Bledsoe afew years back, we will be saying "Brady who?" once the Matt Cassell era begins.

exactly...i am sick of being told what to post and people being attacked for posting something that is not in line with what others think. This is a ******* message board and it was designed for this very purpose...to post stuff and talk about things. Damn, that just pisses me off to no end!

Its amazing how people get a hair across their arse for something TOTALLY off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes