PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's that time again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man Workhorse you are in trouble, you've been caught fraternizing with the enemy. :nono: :rolleyes:

I don't know why some Pats and Colts fans think that the Colts are going to get run over. Our defense played like a shutdown defense last night, but it's been the very definition of a Jeckyll and Hyde defense this season. Comes with the territory of being young. And, even though the Colts have a slew of injuries, Manning still scares me. Kyle Arrington on Reggie Wayne should be a match-up to watch seeing as I think Garcon will probably get put on lockdown by McCourty.

I just hope that the team doesn't get overconfident and complacent after last night. BIG victory against a great team in Pittsburgh, but they need to keep their foot on the pedal. It's Colts week... Christmas in November.

Oh man Workhorse you are in trouble, you've been caught fraternizing with the enemy. :nono: :rolleyes:

In all honesty, workhorse is one of very few posters in that cess pool that is colt freaks who is decent.

I don't know why some Pats and Colts fans think that the Colts are going to get run over. Our defense played like a shutdown defense last night, but it's been the very definition of a Jeckyll and Hyde defense this season. Comes with the territory of being young. And, even though the Colts have a slew of injuries, Manning still scares me. Kyle Arrington on Reggie Wayne should be a match-up to watch seeing as I think Garcon will probably get put on lockdown by McCourty.

I just hope that the team doesn't get overconfident and complacent after last night. BIG victory against a great team in Pittsburgh, but they need to keep their foot on the pedal. It's Colts week... Christmas in November.

Colts defense can't stop the run (5.0 ypc against, worst in the league).
Colts can't run (3.7 ypc, tied for 25th).
Colts are without Clark.
Colts are having significant O-line issues.
Colts offense was terrible against the Bengals, and Carson Palmer was the Colts MVP.
Manning's not going to be playing in the comfort of a dome.

I agree about the overconfidence, but it's understandable that some people will take this Colts team more lightly than in the recent past. It's not just about the Patriots.

Last edited:
Colts are without Clark.
Colts offense was terrible against the Bengals, and Carson Palmer was the Colts MVP.

I agree about the overconfidence, but it's understandable that some people will take this Colts team more lightly than in the recent past. It's not just about the Patriots.

This game seems to be setting up quite nicely for us, BUT i would never count Peyton out. He's too good of a QB and has owned our defense the past couple of years with long sustained drives.

Colts are without Clark.

I think the Patriots will win. Don't get me wrong. But I'm expecting a tough game. People forget all of the issues that the Patriots carried into Indy against a team that went to the Super Bowl in 2009. Through three and a half quarters, we had them dead to rights. These two teams are as familiar with one another as divisional rivals. Hell, they might as well be divisional rivals still.

Definitely a tough one, but I have to think the Pats will be the favorites, all things considered. I just hope they get the same pressure on "Peyton" that they got on "Ben."

I think this game will be hard won, but I do expect that the Pats will be able to pull it off in the end. A Manning pick-six to seal the deal would be great.

Hopefully, the tide turns in favor of the Patriots as they play them in Foxboro.

I just hope that Patriots blitz Colts to pressure Manning.

Nope, this is the one and only IUCPF.

Edit: I see your post over there is getting quite a following

We may be in for a long night - Unofficial Indianapolis Colts Fan Forums
Nice to see that we do not have a monopoly on gloom and doomer chicken littles. I get the feeling that outlook permeates every fan base to some degree.

Anyways, welcome back workhorse. As I said to the Steeler fans that visited this past week I always enjoy getting perspective from fans of an upcoming opponent because they know that team far better than we, or any national columnist does.

Last edited:
Quick question. Is this game subject to flex scheduling? Not that it would, now that Philly just mopped the floor with Washington.

Quick question. Is this game subject to flex scheduling? Not that it would, now that Philly just mopped the floor with Washington.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine that CBS would use one of their blocks to keep the game.

Hopefully, the tide turns in favor of the Patriots as they play them in Foxboro.

I just hope that Patriots blitz Colts to pressure Manning.

If we don't have Addai back this week I'd imagine that BB will go with max coverage. Take Reggie away and frustrate Peyton by not giving him anyone to throw to.

Our oline sems to have trouble with speed rushers on the edge. Do a good job against Freeney and Mathis and the game is in the bag. If they don't......

The Pats have a re-tread place kicker and the Colts have Vinatieri who is lights out in Foxboro.

Was lights out.

It's been a long time since Vinatraitor was in Foxboro, and the years have not been all that kind.

Flex scheduling starts week 11 I think. But as said, CBS essentially reserved this game. It's the only late CBS game, so it's essentially a national audience as is. Next week has a great slate of games. Farve/Packers early, Colts @ Pats in the afternoon, Giants @ Eagles at night. Broncos Chargers on Monday too.

dunno if this is really "not like it used to be."

pats are ahead of the AFC pack and colts are one game back. truth is i wouldn't be surprised if Pats-Colts is the AFC title game, and if either of them wins the super bowl. its also two of the three MVP candidate QBs in a showdown (rivers being the other one). this is still the marquee matchup in the AFC, who knows what the jets longevity near the top looks to be, so anything Colts/Pats/Steelers as long as the three teams remain competitive will always be the flagship AFC games.

its pretty amazing to realize this, but in the last ten years, the AFC has been represented by one of those three teams eight times, the only exceptions being the Ravens and Oakland long, long ago.

also, i see how colts fans feel apprehensive about this game. i felt the same way in the runup to the steelers game. i really dont think there's a clear favorite here, the Colts could easily win. is it that hard to see Manning throw for 400 against our secondary? no. should really come down to how the Patriots defense plays, because our offense will score against you.

Last edited:
If we don't have Addai back this week I'd imagine that BB will go with max coverage. Take Reggie away and frustrate Peyton by not giving him anyone to throw to.

I see Collie as the key guy needed back. Then Tamme limping, and even Eldridge and White were missed. Obviously JA is our best RB, but I'm not sure what his health is right now.

But watching the likes of Gijon Robinson and Brandon James going out there for passes yesterday was just awful. We've gone from possibly the deepest skill position group of the Manning era to utter crap yesterday.

Last edited:
Our oline sems to have trouble with speed rushers on the edge. Do a good job against Freeney and Mathis and the game is in the bag. If they don't......

Freeney has been very tough for Matt Light. Might have Alge, Gronk, Woodhead helping, but hopefully we make the adjustments quicker than we did in the SD game. If he does have trouble over there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back