PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's that time again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Lookie here it's Colts/Pats week again. It doesn't seem quite the same as it used to, but it still is a game that everyone looks forward to.

As of today, I don't think things look real promising for the Colts. I'm not sure what the status of our injuries is right now, but if several of our guys don't suit up this week it looks like it will be a long game. The players we had on the field against the Bengals barely resembled our opening day roster. And after watching the way you guys beat the Steelers, I'm not going to be overly optimistic.

Anyway, here to a good game (especially for us) and an injury free game (especially for us). Long time no see.

Welcome back. I completely missed the game AND highlights from the game, but the bit of commentary I've seen makes it sound like the Bengals never really posed a threat.

I hope the Pats D softening up in the fourth was intentional. No way we can play the Colts the same way. Seyton Manning scares me right to the final whistle.

Last edited:
Welcome back. I completely missed the game AND highlights from the game, but the bit of commentary I've seen makes it sound like the Bengals never really posed a threat.

I hope the Pats D softening up in the fourth was intentional. No way we can play the Colts the same way. Seyton Manning scares me right to the final whistle.

The game ball goes to Carson Palmer. He threw 3 picks and 2 of them went right to a defender with a receiver nowhere around him. The Colts D played fairly well, but the offense finally showed that you can only suit up so many guys off the street and move the ball.

Right now we have 2 healthy guys that can catch the ball, Reggie and Pierre Garcon and Garcon can't catch a cold right now. Our TE situation is getting worse. Clark's replacement is Jacob Tamme, he has done fairly well all things considered, but he has a back injury now and was have a hard time walking after the game. Even our receivers signed from the practice squad are hurt. We are literally have guys on the field that weren't Colts two weeks ago.

Our running game is a mess. The only effective guys running the ball this year have been Addai and Mike Hart and nobody know when they will be healthy. Donald Brown has been rather uninspiring and we have to practice squad players picking up carries behind him. The run blocking by the line is the worst I've seen since Peyton has been here.

Welcome back workhorse.:rocker: Now get RyantheColt to come out of his hiding place so we can have som good natured and civil back and forth.

Trying get tehmackdaddy to post here. He's another good poster that happens to be a Colts fan. Colt game week is always a special one.

Welcome back workhorse.:rocker: Now get RyantheColt to come out of his hiding place so we can have som good natured and civil back and forth.

Trying get tehmackdaddy to post here. He's another good poster that happens to be a Colts fan. Colt game week is always a special one.

Thanks. I just wish we weren't so damned banged up right now so I could tell ya'll we're going to kick your arses this week. We can win, but we have to get healthy and/or play a great game. You guys have to be feeling pretty good after last night.

Thanks. I just wish we weren't so damned banged up right now so I could tell ya'll we're going to kick your arses this week. We can win, but we have to get healthy and/or play a great game. You guys have to be feeling pretty good after last night.

Probably a little TOO good, which makes me nervous.

Probably a little TOO good, which makes me nervous.

I dont know. BB will keep them in check this week, pointing out the little things like in the 4th quarter. I think the Cleveland game was definitely a wake up call for the team and the team definitely turned the outcome of last week into a positive

Injuries happen, eh?

C'mon Horse! The fanbase that watched a secondary of HanK Poteat, Earthwind Moreland, Troy Brown(!) and Randall Gay hold your (then) recording breaking 49 TD QB to 3 points in the 2004 AFC Plaayoffs says "Stop whining about injuries!!!!" ;)

(Not to mention the team that lost its franchise QB in the first game of 2008, proceeded to somehow go 11-5 and MISS the playoffs).

Whining about injuries doesn't get much mileage here (plus, I don't turn my back on a Peyton Manning run offense EVER - - he can still figure out a way).

Should be a great game!

Last edited:
I watched the Colts-Iggles game. Should have been a blow out win by the Iggles but the Colts D plays very well in the redzone and held them to field goals instead of TD's in the 1st half. Manning with a little help from the officials almost led a come back victory.

Manning is still the best. The ball was always placed exactly where it was supposed to be. The issue are the young receivers catching the ball. Hopefully for this young Pats D they will continue to struggle.

Also hopefully Taylor will be back and will spearhead a clock killing ground game that will keep Manning off the field. Pats also HAVE to score TD's instead of FG's from a shaky kicker.

Gonna be another close game.

Don't the Pats have 10 guys on IR? I think that is matched only by Green Bay.

I suppose this game won't get the replay treatment by NFLN. I used to be a Palmer fan, but man... that dude is a mess.

I didn't realize you had so many injured guys.

What is the general feeling about the coach there, btw? I never really hear about him, just Peyton.

The game ball goes to Carson Palmer. He threw 3 picks and 2 of them went right to a defender with a receiver nowhere around him. The Colts D played fairly well, but the offense finally showed that you can only suit up so many guys off the street and move the ball.

Lookie here it's Colts/Pats week again. It doesn't seem quite the same as it used to, but it still is a game that everyone looks forward to.

As of today, I don't think things look real promising for the Colts. I'm not sure what the status of our injuries is right now, but if several of our guys don't suit up this week it looks like it will be a long game. The players we had on the field against the Bengals barely resembled our opening day roster. And after watching the way you guys beat the Steelers, I'm not going to be overly optimistic.

Anyway, here to a good game (especially for us) and an injury free game (especially for us). Long time no see.

Look on the bright side. This Patriots defense is capable of shutting down an opponent, but it's every bit as capable of getting lit up like a Christmas tree.

It's like a box of chocolates.

Workhorse back. Indy fan rule #1...workhorse = good horse. The rest are glue factory rejects.

The biggest question, as far as returning Colt fans goes,is will Bart Muleyy make a special guest appearance.

Workhorse - What are you worried about??? Whoever the refs are, they are going to be good for at least one, if not two, phantom PI calls that will put the Colts in the Red Zone... :p

That being said, I'm pretty sure the Pats can match the Colts for injuries. They happen.

The players we had on the field against the Bengals barely resembled our opening day roster.
The New England Patriots players currently on injured reserve: Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden, Brandon McGowan, Kevin Faulk, Nick Kaczur, Stephen Gostkowski. In addition, Fred Taylor has hardly seen the field in 2010 while holdout Logan Mankins has only played two games this season. In the meantime, the New England Patriots started four rookies and two second year players on defense last night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Don't the Pats have 10 guys on IR? I think that is matched only by Green Bay.

The Colts currently have 12.

I'm not complaining about injuries. I'm waaaay beyond that now. I was just pointing out why I'm not overly confident about this week. I know every team has injuries, but this year has been obscene for the Colts.

Dallas Clark, Anthony Gonzalez, Bob Sanders, Joe Addai, Mike Hart, Austin Collie, Blair White, Melvin Bullitt, Gary Brackett, and Clint Session are all guys that were out Sunday. Those are just key contributor types. The good news is our DBs are starting to get healthy. We had been without our number 2 and 3 corners. Addai and Hart are huge question marks and key to having any sort of balance on offense. Session was hoping to be back for this week. Hopefully he practices.

If we field the same squad as on Sunday, I see you guys playing most of the game with your nickel defense and playing keep away with your running game.

Well, Workhorse with your QB you always have a chance, injuries or no injuries. Our D is young and has serious ups and downs. I'm just hoping for the type of fire and focus I saw last night and what happens, happens.

Well, Workhorse with your QB you always have a chance, injuries or no injuries. Our D is young and has serious ups and downs. I'm just hoping for the type of fire and focus I saw last night and what happens, happens.

Ya, tru dat. If we get a couple of those guys back, I'll feel much better. Especially if Addai is one of them. The good thing for both of our fan bases is we both have quarterbacks that can win nearly any game singlehandedly. BTW, I saw the the opening line has the Pats as only a 3 point favorite. No way the number stays that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots