PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Taylor time !

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJGE and Taylor back, Brady spread: wildcat baby!

(jk)

BB must really love his guy to keep him on the roster. Whats he played, 3 games since he has been here?

They would have to respect the play-action pass with him in the backfield, even if he didn't do too much. Also, he's probably the best back at blitz pickup.

Teams have been respecting the Play-Action with BJGE back there. Go back and look at the Steelers game.

As for Taylor being the best RB on the roster, I'm not sure about that anymore. BJGE has been highly productive since earning the starting job. He's definitely getting positive yardage on a majority of the plays. Even when defenders are in the backfield.

Comparing Fragile Fred to Corey Dillon? Easy there big buy.

Taylor is not the best back we have.

What he said!

Not sure what else Ben Jarvis Green Ellis as to do to convince some people.

He will get 7 carries and miss the rest of the season.

Why do people love Taylor so much? When was the last time he did anything... I have nothing against the guy, but at this point he's just an assistant coach taking up a roster spot for 5 million or whatever they're paying him.

I don't think BB is going to mess around with the BJGE/Woodhead formula which is a winning one. I watched an interview on Patriots All Access with BJGE and Woodhead, and they seemed to be joined at the hip. I think it's the similar background they have- it seems that they work together very well.

At this point, I believe that Taylor will be active but will only play in case of injury or emergency.

Last edited:
exactly, this team has won its past 3 games with a reliable run game. Taylor is coming of an injury and has been in game action for quite some time. this is not the game with him in.

BJGE gets the tough yards and breaks off a couple more every once in a while, he works well with his blockers and *knocks on wood* has fumbled all season, bottom line you know what you got with BJGE.

I love what BJGE is doing on the early downs, but I think a lot of you are underestimating Taylor. He is at the end of his career, but when he's been in you can see he is on another level. He just accelerates, cuts, and gets through holes better than BJGE. I don't think they should make him the feature back, but working him in for 5-10 carries to keep the defense off balance would be great.

lol when I read this I was thinking Taylor Price. Been so long since Fragile Freddie played(week 3 vs buffalo maybe?).

LMAO! I thought the same thing too. I completely forgot Fred Taylor was still on the team which is ironic seeing as he's actually played in some games unlike Taylor Price.

I don't know why people always need to have this cheerleader attitude. BJ has done great and Taylor is likely washed up, but if he's as healthy as last year, he's a premier running back.

I love a good beer or ale, but that doesn't mean beer becomes champagne and vice versa.

BJ is our #1, he'll carry the load, but a healthy Taylor a few carries simply makes us better.

I'd also like to see Morris get some snaps, not necessarily here. I've got a feeling Taylor might not recover from the toes thing and Sammy is valuable as a power runner and pass catcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back