PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's on to Green Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron throws on the run very well. Not sure how you stop that.

Given gb blew out teams in its last two home games I'm surprised they're not heavier favorites.

I meant they need more past rush from his position. Plus they're exhausting him.

Vince came off the field on 3rd downs today.

I'll be honest. I hope that Gray is the starter and that Blount rotates in.
I think they will rotate in a good amount of Vereen, but yeah they can run all over the Pakcers if they find a good rhythm with the running game they can really dictate the pace of the game which they will need to do against AROD

I meant they need more past rush from his position. Plus they're exhausting him.

We'll have to agree to disagree. With the addition of Branch, Wilfork has been rotating out more so than before. The Pats have been getting plenty of pressure from the line.. Not sure what more you want... They aren't going to sack people on every play. They will put pressure on them. And that was shown today. And the Pass rush came from more than just Ayers. It came from Ninko, Wilfork, Jones and even Branch on a couple of downs.

Given gb blew out teams in its last two home games I'm surprised they're not heavier favorites.

That's why it's my belief that they'll work to contain Lacy. They'll want to keep everything between the tackles.

Completely agree. No disrespect to Rodgers, but this d was built to shut down qbs. Can Wilfork/branch/siliga control the oline enough? My money's on our D getting off the field more than theirs.

Appreciate the reply..

This game is the one I felt in the 6 game stretch would be the absolute toughest.
It's in Lambeau. The Packers are on fire. Lacy has been running well during this stretch that the Packers have been on. The Packers do have a damn good duo in Cobbs and Nelson.

During the Packers win streak, Lacy has had 2 sub 4.0 YPC games. Against Miami and Chicago. Miami has an tough Run D. Chicago had one until they imploded. The reason the Pack won against Miami was because of their passing game could take advantage of Miami's Secondary. It remains to be seen if Rodgers will be able to do that against the Pats secondary..

Long term forecast of 22F/9F with chance of PM snow . Nice!
As we have seen in some NFL films clips of BB - "Slants and Incuts! Slants and Incuts! , thats the game fellas". Thats what our D is dealing with .

I expect quite a bit of zone just contain rodgers running ability. Thats how we seem to play mobile Qbs mostly. As is the case with these big games on the road, if the pats survive the initial part of the game without giving up big plays etc, they should be able to to run on this defense.

I'm in the minority, but I have looked down on the Packers for years now. I see Clay as the most overrated player in the league and at times the worst run defender period. On offense, it is Nelson and then some more Nelson. They have a talented team but their coaching and playcalling looks too simple and I think BB will easily shut down their offense.

I felt this way when we were going to play them that year where Flynn had a good game against us. I liked our chances against Rodgers then and our vastly improved defense has me feeling even more confident now.

Their run defense is arguably the worst in the league. Blount should feast

That changed when the Packers' DC finally made a change and put Matthews at ILB, which was by far the Packers' weakest link. With the development of Nick Perry as OLB, who is finally earning his 1st round accolades, and the addition of Julius Peppers, the Packers had a glut of talent at OLB, and moving Matthews inside 2 games ago produced an instant improvement in the pitiful run defense. They stuffed Phila, who are no slouches when it comes to a running attack. Matthews played a roamer ILB and was brilliant.

The Vikings played the Packers tough. Bridgewater has a future and the Vikings' defense has a lot of young talent and is better than you realize, but in that game Perry was out and Matthews was slowed by a groin injury. That's one of the reasons why the Vikings ran the ball pretty well yesterday. As far as I know Perry is due back next week and hopefully Matthews will heal up.

Those 2 players being relatively healthy and ready to go will be essential for the Packers to have a real chance to win against the Patriots next Sunday. Patriots are playing incredible ball. If this game were in Foxboro I'd give a clear edge to NE. In Lambeau, I'd say 50-50.

Last edited:
rodgers is a front runner. get an early lead and we win.

oh and UNLEASH THE GRONK

everyone hypes GB because they defeated the bears/sanchez??/

That's old news which has been disproven by what Rodgers has done this season. If you want to rely on Rodgers not being able to engineer a comeback the moment the Patriots take the lead, good luck. Don't stoop to the level of Skip Clueless, who is just trying to stir up some ratings.

Gronk is incredible. Packers will not be able to stop him.

Clay will be badly exposed like Polamalu gets when we play Pittsburgh. 0 Sacks and run over multiple times.

Their run defense is arguably the worst in the league. Blount should feast

Jonas Gray should have a big game. It will be interesting to see how the young man responds to his very public reprimand for not being professional the week after the biggest perormance of his life. If he gets focused on doing his job and being a leader, he could have a great week, and a couple of great games on the road. San Diego is also susceptible to a power running game.

We know Blount is a very bad man in lousy weather. The Packers will have their hands full.

Let's see how this defense responds to Rodgers at Lambeau...what a great game it has the potential of being....

Given the Patriots have been blowing out all the division winners, I'm surprised GB is favored by more than the traditional 3 point home field advantage. I expect maybe 1 or 2 point spread in favor of GB. The Patriots clearly look like the class of the NFL right now.

Definitely going to be on the chilly side.

Screen Shot 2014-11-24 at 8.03.38 AM.png

Before this week I was more worried about Detroit then Green Bay because of the style defense each team plays. Historically they struggle against good DL's that get pressure up the middle quickly and Green Bay doesn't do that. They also don't have the overall defense the Lions do so I was less confident the pats could win the low scoring defensive battle (though I still picked them to win 27-16). All of that said Rodgers is insanely good and the only player I would trade strait up for Brady (purely cuz he is younger). The pack just does not have the defense NE does. I think the Pack does a lot of their damage on big play deep balls and broken plays YAC two things this defense are superb at eliminating. McCourty has elite range and the defense as a whole are great a dropping people as soon as they get the ball. The one real concern I have is Lacy. If...and that is a major if the pack has the patience to feed him the ball 25+ times I think they win cuz he is the real deal. If it is a high scoring shoot out the pats win due to the secondary being just too good and the pack defense having no answer for Gronk, Lafell, or eldeman. The final advantage I see the pats having and it doesn't get said enough is bellichick. McCarthy is an alright coach but IMO relies more on out talenting teams then being smarter/better prepared. Pats 42 pack 34

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back