Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's on now... (official Hamas vs. Israel octogon thread)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Titus Pullo, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So things just got real dire real fast for the Middle East with the murder of a top Hamas trouble maker today (Wed.). ... This is something to watch VERY closely this week, as the fuse may finally be lit. Hamas is almost certain to re-respond.

The defense minister already calls a ground offensive "a strong possibility." Not good.

Israeli Strike on Hamas Militia Leader Escalates Conflict - SFGate

Couple Gaza and Egypt's prickly tone with the increasingly unstable Syrian rebels encroaching on Israel's northern border, and I'm more than a little concerned.

Clinton is getting out of the game just in time.
  2. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Just read that a rocket has killed three israeli citizens. This could get out of control real fast and with the way things are now (Arab spring) the truce between egypt and isreal could down the toilet. And then theres the syrian civiv war that could spill over into lebanon, and eventually involve the isrealis.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The Military Industrial Complex, is doing the happy dance.. mo money, mo money, mo money!!!!
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

A Hamas TERRORIST was killed in a responsive attack. He certainly was not murdered.

No one has the right to build rocket sites inside Israel's borders but Israel. Shame on the terrorist group Hamas!
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The poor victim bombed school buses. How can killing him possibly be justified?:rolleyes:
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Source for the rockets inside of Israel Borders?? Israel changes the borders all the time, so it is difficult to tell what is theirs and what is Palestines??

Since 2000, 1476 Palestinian Children have been killed by Israel...

Israel has established 236 settlements on Palestinian Land..

Israel has demolished over 24,000 homes in Palestine..

The US gives Israel 8.2 million dollars of aid daily to Israel...

Here is the news you will not find on any of the mainstream sites..

Israel-Palestine: The Missing Headlines
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Kind of one sided don't ya think Darryl? It's all on the US and Israel?

The guy we voted into office makes sure not to cherry-pick stats when he addresses the situation.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I think Darryl is anti-Israel....
  9. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Or maybe his PRO-TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN ****!

I love it! You guys hate poor people but have no problem sending billions in welfare to another country tha is hell bent on war....God some people....:bricks:

I have a plan, we get rid of Aid to these countries then you can cut welfare spending...You stop selling bombs and guns and tanks and well stop giving out food stamps?

Deal?:cool:
  10. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So all those people that worked for years and paid into the system and when the time came that they needed help, they're freeloaders?

Most of our troops are in that 47%, are you calling our soldiers freeloaders? Are you calling our teachers freeloaders? Are you calling everyone that worked for year and years and paid into the system for years and years freeloaders?

Edit: If you want to fund their wars, you take your own money and fund it, you want to fight in a war, the you pick up a gun and go fight in it! STOP ASKING THE REST OF US TO FLIP THE BILL AND FIGHT YOUR WARS.
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

8.2 million dollars a day we give to Israel, you might think we have some influence to stop this craziness...

Keep bombing the women and children, that will win the hearts and minds.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Well whats the guy that received the "mandate" which the left insists he got doing about it? Oh yeah, he just reiterated that Israel has the right to defend itself. His influence encourages them to continue. Women and children? The guy they took has a targeted and bombed school bus in resume.
  13. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

So you indicted him? Or just determining for everyone what the term "murder" entails?
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    you steal land, homes, neighborhoods bullying over the largest concentration camp in the world and when people get angry and retaliate they are called terrorists ... Israel's act is old and tired - they don't want peace they prefer to stay right wing bully as it keeps them in power.

Obama sits on his hands lest he upset the religious in the USA and the media fall in place ... well our media anyways. the one's who say we should trust them more often. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: If I were a Palestinian I would lob every missile I could find right at Bibi - you know Bibi - the one all 4 candidates sucked up to during the debates. Well at least Obama sits on his hands if romney had one he'd be trying to use political pressure to help them strike more Palestinian land.
  15. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think Darryl is a realist.

Let Israel and Hamas blow each other up. I certainly don't give a crap about religious BS.
  16. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    The USA should stop supporting Israel and force them to the peace table the hard way. We should protect them but only under the condition that they pursue a 2 state solution.
  17. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

We should cut off all monies to the middle east until they present a positive solution for America's interests.

I know that sounds really... bad. But, we should get what we are paying for. Especially since we really can not afford it to begin with.
  18. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Why is Israel so important to the USA?
  19. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    I think we have been doing that Hamar ... but it's been for financial interests unfortunately. If there were true peace in the Middle East our military contractors would face severe economic downturn. I say that because that interest will always unfortunately IMO outweigh our interests as people. As long as Iran remains the bad guy allied with Russia and china we can continue to sell weaponry. Under reported right now by our media is the serious unrest in Bahrain ... the people are very angry.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

[​IMG]
  21. E1Downey

E1Downey Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

"It never ceases to surprise me at the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge."
    - Thomas Raynesford Lounsbury

I heard George Carlin use this quote from Mr. Lounsbury to describe us americans once. It's perfect for you guys to use on each other when your arguing with a member of the "bad" party.....which one is that again???:bricks:

I kid, I kid. Some good points here. Unfortunately we won't use them to get us anywhere.:rolleyes:

Probably more anti-america paying for israel's BS with money and lives. But either way good for Darryl, he recognizes a major issue. I'm curious if you support them. If so, why?

Oh my, could you imagine? Wonderful idea. Good Ol' USA did quite well for itself before it became the bloodthirsty, war mongering, welfare state that it is today. Somehow I doubt your sincerity. I'm guessing you find it a lot easier to identify the "red team's" faulty beliefs than that of your own team.

Lol that's a pretty little picture of the welfare system but, you don't actually believe that it work's like that do you? If so, I would love for you to meet the people living next to me. To put it kindly, they blow huge holes in your theory.

You're right on about these criminal/ridiculous wars. Couldn't agree more. But apply that same exact argument to the welfare problem AND the wars and we might be onto something.

So here we go. Israel is starting to stir and the show may be about to start. Bottom line is this shouldn't be our problem. We've got plenty of our own. So what will we do about it? Nothing, it's too late. We've successfully been divided. Any attempt we the people make will quickly devolve into a hugely distracting and petty red vs. blue debate.
  22. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think you are wrong, and this will sound really bad but... If we cut aid to all ME countries they will buy weapons from us in record amounts. For the soldiers that we put out of work, lets have them get paid the same to man the mexican border. It is like 3 birds with one stone ;)
  23. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

more welfare hijack... why is this so often the default fall back position for cons? I'm pretty sure one poster has already been bounced from the thread for it. ...

if some people wanna debate welfare, create a thread for it. I'll be right along, reminding them of welfare's puny stature up against our annual steroid-like defense budget.

this thread is about the Israeli-Hamas conflict.... any theories about "liberal spending" have no bearing here.
  24. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

didn't wanna add the word "killing" to your latest cliche, i see ... odd.

kind of an awkward connotation to include it, ... i understand.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  25. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I go to church with a retired URI professor who is also a Quaker.. often I speak to him after service, and he gets real passionate about this whole issue and the heavyhandedness of Israel. He and his church over the years have continually rebuilt a playground on a Palestinian school they built, only to have it bulldozed by the Israeli's...

If we stopped everyone's welfare checks to this area, wonder how quickly they would respond..
  26. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

I support Israel 100%.

Does that mean I agree with 100% of the policies or actions? Of course not, but that's the way some here would inerprate that statement.

I support Israel because of many factors

-Their history of being rejected where ever they've tried to live.
    -The fact that Israel is surrounded by backwards countries where many allow sharia law to be the law of their land. (I believe sharia law is the epitome of barbarism & oppression.)
    -The fact that Israel in constantly threatened to be wiped off the face of the earth.
    -Respect: Although Israel has been attacked by neighboring nations, they have always defeated these attempts.
    -Identity: Israel's culture & society are more similar to America's
    -The LAST thing I'd want to see in my lifetime is Israel being defeated or caving in to the demands of their Arab neighbors.
    -Stability: Israel does not allow terrorist to exist within their borders...can't say that about most of their Arab neighbors
    -Mossad: Man, I love that group!
  27. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

No problem with the word "killing", but the killing was going on long before we started giving them money, it is going while we give them money, and it will be going on if we stop giving them money.

I do wonder why you chose the word "murder" in the original post though. If I had the time or desire I would dig through your posts and see if you referred to Obama as a murder for killing OBL. I am guessing that was different somehow, right?
  28. E1Downey

E1Downey Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Damn, was hoping for something like "I'd support Israel on a quest for a 2 state solution and not at the expense of our own people." because i like you lol.
    Although I absolutely LOATHE the party/team bickering, I'd have to say the other posters were right in noticing the hypocrosy of your Israel view. It is a little hypocritical.

Me personally, I don't think any one of your reasons or all of them together, come close to the cost we've endured as a nation with our Israel support. Just like I don't think the few positives (very few) of our welfare state come close to the cost we've endured as a nation supporting it.

Supporting an ally is one thing. This is far more than just "helping a friend"Looking over the numbers I've come to see Israel as less of an ally and more of a parasite. I just don't understand our unrelenting, slave like devotion to them.

-Sent from the device that is held in my hand-
  29. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -5

My Jersey:

You asked me why I personally support Israel. you did NOT ask me my opinion on subsidizing Israel.

You threw that in after the fact E1.

You didn't address a single reason I listed as if you believe they aren't valid.

Look, I have likes and dislikes and opinions on many things...and that's exactly what they are...likes, dislikes and opinions. I do not attempt to look at life from some neutral place outside myself high upon a hill asking for omnipotence.....nor do I desire to do so.

I'm typically very honest about my opinions and really don't care who agrees or disagrees.

And I believe most people do exactly as I do....
  30. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The two state solution is ideal. However it is hard to negotiate with someone who doesn't accept your right to exist as Hamas has done, refusing to ackowledge the Israelis right to exist as a state......