PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's official: Wildcard Playoff Round - Patriots vs. Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flacco is not the threat to pass that Shaub is, and Bodden will replace Wilhite in the secondary. Wilfork and Warren will strengthen the front. I believe 21 points will win the game, but that is the problem. Put a safety on top of Moss and that will limit his production (he will need to do better than 50 yards). Edelman can have a good game as he did today (100 yards), and it will not be enough. We will need to run the ball, but I am not confident our O-line is as stout as the Ravens front 7. Injuries to Sammy Morris and Dan Connely could take some thump out of the rushing game. So they will also need production in the passing game out of the tight ends and backs, who also have blocking responsibilities, and the Ravens will blitz. They will need to have a good game plan and execute it with good discipline. No brain farts like we saw today.

Running game and screens if they stop Moss/Edelman. The playcalling needs to be alot better. If our top 5 OL stays healthy it makes things a world of alot easier. Where there's a Tom Brady there's a way

look for our TE and faulk to shoulder the load along with a 3 headed running game.

no way does BB put this on edelman and moss' shoulders

It'll probably be once the winner tonight is determined. Either right after the game, or with 5 minutes left if its a blow-out.

Since the NFL/networks like the big-market cities in prime-time, my guess is if the Jets win, Jets @ Bengals will be one of the evening games, putting the Bal @ NE game as an afternoon game. If the Jets lose, New England becomes the prime AFC market.

Well we know NBC has both Saturday games and they will have one game from each conference.

Sunday 1pm is the Fox game - so this eliminates Arizona in my opinion, given that they are a west coast team. So my guess is that they are the 4:30 Saturday game. Putting the Boys and Iggles in this time slot.

Sunday 4:30 is the AFC game. Depending what happens in tonight's game, I think the Bengals Jet rematch could be enticing to NBC as the 8pm Saturday game. If it is Houston/Cincy then I think that game ends up as the Sunday afternoon game.

I am not sure if the Sunday time slots are flexible or not but it seems that the programming is already set for both Fox and CBS next Sunday, so I doubt Fox would willingly change with CBS to give NBC the Philly Dallas game. So I think it will end up like this:

If Cincy wins:
Saturday
4:30pm: GB @ Arizona
8PM: Baltimore @ NE

Sunday
1pm: Philly @ Dallas
4:30: Houston @ Cincy

If the NYJ win:

Saturday
4:30pm: GB @ Arizona
8PM: NYJ @ Cincy

Sunday
1pm: Philly @ Dallas
4:30: Baltimore @ NE

sorry to see welker get hurt today, you never want to see a player get hurt like that, hurt at all for that matter

good luck next week, i like that edelman kid

i hope welker's back for you asap

Oh cool. So now we know who we're barely going to squeak past in the first round. Nice.

Pats to play Ravens in playoff opener

2v8qp7b.gif

McGahee stiff arm on Hiram Eugene ,Raiders vs. Ravens 77 TD Run.
youtube link:
YouTube - Willis McGahee 77 Yd Touchdown Run vs. Oakland (HQ)

“We’re going to play New England at New England and we’ve been there before and we’ve been there lots,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters after his team beat the Raiders. “We’re pretty comfortable, we know our way around. we know where the locker rooms are at and we’re looking forward to playing the New England Patriots in the playoffs.”
It Is What It Is Pats to play Ravens in playoff opener

Tough game ahead!

Re: Pats to play Ravens in playoff opener

In that gif replace the Raider with Wilhite lol.

Last edited:

“We’re going to play New England at New England and we’ve been there before and we’ve been there lots,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh told reporters after his team beat the Raiders. “We’re pretty comfortable, we know our way around. we know where the locker rooms are at and we’re looking forward to playing the New England Patriots in the playoffs.”
It Is What It Is Pats to play Ravens in playoff opener

He's an idiot, he hasn't been in Foxboro in January. He'll find out soon enough.

He's an idiot, he hasn't been in Foxboro in January. He'll find out soon enough.

Well if you want a cold game, then hope for the Saturday night game.

I will be surprised if the spread on this game is more than 3 or 4.

Well if you want a cold game, then hope for the Saturday night game.

I will be surprised if the spread on this game is more than 3 or 4.

Considering that we have a much better running game than you do, and you have a much better passing game than we do, why would you all be wanting snow?

According to Al Michaels and ABC the Patriots will be playing Sunday.

Hopefully we'll be seeing you guys the week after!

(I mean hopefully we beat Baltimore, not that I would rather play the Chargers over the Colts...I am fully expecting the Bengals to roll over and die next week)

Considering that we have a much better running game than you do, and you have a much better passing game than we do, why would you all be wanting snow?

Because we've never lost in it, and we've never lost in Foxboro in January.

Because we've never lost in it, and we've never lost in Foxboro in January.

Well prepare to see a first this season as the Ravens plough you out of the postseason.

Opening odds:

Jets at Bengals -4
over/under 36
Bengals -3 +100

Eagles at Cowboys -4.5
over/under 45.5
Cowboys -4 -110

Ravens at Patriots -6.5
over/under 42
Patriots -4 -110

Packers at Cardinals -3
over/under 48.5
Cardinals -2.5 -110

Because we've seen enough of our defense to know that any time a team starts throwing on New England, it gets ugly.

We suffer against offenses that can throw the ball well. I think our defense would welcome a challenge by a running team.

Opening odds:

Jets at Bengals -4
over/under 36
Bengals -3 +100

Eagles at Cowboys -4.5
over/under 45.5
Cowboys -4 -110

Ravens at Patriots -6.5
over/under 42
Patriots -4 -110

Packers at Cardinals -3
over/under 48.5
Cardinals -2.5 -110

We're all freaking out and planning for doom... and we're the biggest favorites of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back