PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's official: Tomase is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
pats1 said:
Yes, what's the big deal?

Tomase's completely right. If Brady had shown the kid how to do it and the photographer got it - the same day he was linked to Balco - it would make a very interesting picture to go with the story on sports sections across the nation today.

David_Givens.jpg

Sorry dude, I just don't see it.

If Brady worries about crap like this, then he is the dishonest and misleading statement "Brady's link to Balco" far more respect then it deserves.

sarge said:
Sorry dude, I just don't see it.

If Brady worries about crap like this, then he is the dishonest and misleading statement "Brady's link to Balco" far more respect then it deserves.

Brady's not stupid. He knows what anyone who gives a passing glance to a picture of him flexing his muscles and a story titled "Brady linked to BALCO" will assume. Those people won't know/care how dishonest/misleading the statement is. He's not going to take any chances and put himself in that position of embarrassment.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
Brady's not stupid. He knows what anyone who gives a passing glance to a picture of him flexing his muscles and a story titled "Brady linked to BALCO" will assume.

But that is why I believe that people like Tomase are idiots.

The only reason Brady would have to give it a single thought is because people like Tomase will make something out of it.
And Tomase proved that by his article.

To me, it is a lie when People print a headline "Brady linked to Balco" because it is ritten to intentionally imply something that the article writer knows is not true.

For Brady to be doing a David Givens impression (flexing his muscles) would have no bearing in this world on the incorrect implication to begin with.

It is because Pure scum like Tomase will write about it.

If you haven't gathered yet, I truly despise the media.

I saw a funny stat a month ago. While the media likes to trumpet about the lack of faith the average american has in all the Branches of Government, and in both political parties, the media actually ranked far below any politician. By a lot!

sarge said:
But that is why I believe that people like Tomase are idiots.

The only reason Brady would have to give it a single thought is because people like Tomase will make something out of it.
And Tomase proved that by his article.

To me, it is a lie when People print a headline "Brady linked to Balco" because it is ritten to intentionally imply something that the article writer knows is not true.

For Brady to be doing a David Givens impression (flexing his muscles) would have no bearing in this world on the incorrect implication to begin with.

It is because Pure scum like Tomase will write about it.

If you haven't gathered yet, I truly despise the media.

Exactly. I can see that now. ;)

I was just about to say "That's how the business works."

shmessy said:
Most people get the Herald for the lottery numbers and the big pictures. The writing is incidental.

Tomase can be good at times, but let's just say he has the maturity of a 3 year old. Today's example is beneath stupid. Just not ready to join Reiss at the adult's table.

He'd probably eat the freakin' table. :eek:

His heart is with the Sox and the daily coverage desperate housewives drivel that an intrepid reporter can dig his teeth into 162 days of the year, like where and when Manny pees. He's probably beside himself (like there's room there) that he wasn't shifted to the baseball beat for this clash of the titans weekend. This picture that almost was (on the cover of the Herald) blurb sounds like he was auditioning for a shot as Gayle and Laura's backup at the Inside Track.

It is really a sad commentary on this region that it's most widely circulated daily papers operating within spitting distance of a 3 time NFL Superbowl championship team struggle so to assemble or maintain a competent professional staff to cover the football beat in the midst of a dynasty team. With the exception of Reiss, who has had to blog his way to the beat table and wait for inferior entrenched reporters to step aside, they all seem to want Belichick to do their job for them, and when he won't they take the easy way out and just line up and wait for any opportunity to take pot shots at him or his players.

It's bad enough when columnists do it. They are paid to provike. Tomase is not employed as a "writer", his title is Patriots beat reporter. Nobody wants to work a beat any more. It involves building trust as the means to gaining access and insight rather than just spewing half baked opinions about something you don't have sufficient knowledge to understand. Why should anyone in Foxboro give these clown anything to work with when it will either be used against them for effect or something else will at the first opportunity.

You'd expect this kind of treatment for a perennial loser or also ran. This team deserves better. One reason so few of our players have gotten the individual accolades they deserve in the process of winning three Lombardi's is because the national media takes their lead from the local media, and pass that on to the broader based public, and the self-important jerks who by and large cover this team are more inclined to criticize it based either on driving an agenda, whoring for ratings to embellish their on air gigs, or because they live in fear of being perceived by their peers as un-objective homers.

That an agenda obcessed hack from Oakland whose beat responsibilities include boxing holds the lone NFL HOF vote in one of the largest media markets in the country pretty much says it all for the Boston Sports Media. Pathetic.

It is obvious to me that Tomase had already made up the headline and all the accompaning crap in his own mind and was just pissed that his Photographer wasn't able to snap the sensationalizing photo to go with his "reportage".

He reported the envisoned garbage anyways.

But he sure is unlucky the news is still fresh about that Reuters' jackass photo-journalist from Lebanon, or he would have gone creative editing "photo-editing " already...

"All the News that Fits (to make-up!)"

SoonerPatriot said:
Somebody get this guy a "Jump to Conclusions" game. Talk about making mountains out of mole hills....

"An innocent moment for Tom Brady following practice could have been a public relations disaster if he hadn’t caught himself. Maybe disaster’s too strong a word, but judge for yourself.
As Brady walked toward a horde of reporters after practice, a few of his teammates’ children were playing catch. Brady signaled for the ball and one threw it to him. Brady returned the favor, and the youngster tumbled to the ground with the catch.
“Give me your best David Givens!†Brady said.
The kid looked at him quizzically.
“Let me see your David Givens!†Brady repeated.

Imagine what kind of fun the media would have had with a picture of Brady flexing his muscles on the day he’s asked to respond to a story linking him to trainer Greg Anderson and the BALCO investigation? The photo probably even would have found its way into the Herald.

For a guy like Brady, who never says or does the wrong thing publicly, it would have been a huge misstep."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153397

Huh? I think he's a little mixed up. I'm sure Brady was referring to Given's penchant for leaping to make catches rather than his post-posturing.

Unless Brady said that after the kid caught the ball, as per his description.

godef said:
Huh? I think he's a little mixed up. I'm sure Brady was referring to Given's penchant for leaping to make catches rather than his post-posturing.

Unless Brady said that after the kid caught the ball, as per his description.

Click on the article link and you can see the second half of the "article":
"With a news photographer kneeling in front of him, camera poised, Brady began to mimic the wide receiver’s well-known, two-armed touchdown flex. Fortunately for his image, he thought better of it and dropped his arms to his side.

Imagine what kind of fun the media would have had with a picture of Brady flexing his muscles on the day he’s asked to respond to a story linking him to trainer Greg Anderson and the BALCO investigation? The photo probably even would have found its way into the Herald.

For a guy like Brady, who never says or does the wrong thing publicly, it would have been a huge misstep."

Tomase made himself absolutley, 100% clear. The original post in the thread didn't have Tomase full text on, but it did have the link.

Last edited:
AzPatsFan said:
It is obvious to me that Tomase had already made up the headline and all the accompaning crap in his own mind and was just pissed that his Photographer wasn't able to snap the sensationalizing photo to go with his "reportage".

He reported the envisoned garbage anyways.

But he sure is unlucky the news is still fresh about that Reuters' jackass photo-journalist from Lebanon, or he would have gone creative editing "photo-editing " already...

"All the News that Fits (to make-up!)"

Gotta love reporters that describe actions that didn't happen. Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back