PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's official: Tomase is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoonerPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Somebody get this guy a "Jump to Conclusions" game. Talk about making mountains out of mole hills....

"An innocent moment for Tom Brady following practice could have been a public relations disaster if he hadn’t caught himself. Maybe disaster’s too strong a word, but judge for yourself.
As Brady walked toward a horde of reporters after practice, a few of his teammates’ children were playing catch. Brady signaled for the ball and one threw it to him. Brady returned the favor, and the youngster tumbled to the ground with the catch.
“Give me your best David Givens!” Brady said.
The kid looked at him quizzically.
“Let me see your David Givens!” Brady repeated.

Imagine what kind of fun the media would have had with a picture of Brady flexing his muscles on the day he’s asked to respond to a story linking him to trainer Greg Anderson and the BALCO investigation? The photo probably even would have found its way into the Herald.

For a guy like Brady, who never says or does the wrong thing publicly, it would have been a huge misstep."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153397

Last edited:
What a stupid article. Must have been a really really slow sports day for him.

Sooner - you missed this part:

With a news photographer kneeling in front of him, camera poised, Brady began to mimic the wide receiver’s well-known, two-armed touchdown flex. Fortunately for his image, he thought better of it and dropped his arms to his side.

And yes it is a stupid article.

Just trying to make something out of nothing, IMO it is just "filller" in the paper. Maybe this is a new definition of stretching the news. .

This article made my sick.
Does this mean guys in Bradys stature have to watch every physical movement, facial expression?

The story is he is having fun with a fan and that kid is probably still flying high from his experience...the story is not about Tom flexing like Givens.

Drewwho said:
This article made my sick.
Does this mean guys in Bradys stature have to watch every physical movement, facial expression?

The story is he is having fun with a fan and that kid is probably still flying high from his experience...the story is not about Tom flexing like Givens.

The kid was one of Brady's teammates kids. He's probably around Brady every other day and has caught passes from him before.

I usually like Tomase, but you're right, THAT WAS STUPID!

Oh my freaking GOD.

Tomase needs help. Bad.

"SHow me your David Givens".

HOw does this guy hold down a job!

Last edited:
Wow you guys are right that is just flat out stupid.

I think Tomase is trying to do a Reiss. Mike usually has keen observations about the players. For example in one recent column he commented that we watched the after-game handshakes in Atlanta and that BB sought out Lawyer and Lawyer seemed pleased that they had connected. I thought this was a great observation that I hadn't heard anywhere else and I was glad someone had paid attention.

I think Tomase was just trying to do something like that. Unfortunately, he made a mountain out of a mole hill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to look to the Herald for my Patriots football news.

But, because of Tomase and now Felger, not anymore. Also, that front page scandel hit on BB, was the last straw.

Hoodie said:
I think Tomase was just trying to do something like that. Unfortunately, he made a mountain out of a mole hill.

I would say there was no mole hill to make a mountain of.

Tomase is sick!

SoonerPatriot said:
Somebody get this guy a "Jump to Conclusions" game. Talk about making mountains out of mole hills....

"An innocent moment for Tom Brady following practice could have been a public relations disaster if he hadn’t caught himself. Maybe disaster’s too strong a word, but judge for yourself.
As Brady walked toward a horde of reporters after practice, a few of his teammates’ children were playing catch. Brady signaled for the ball and one threw it to him. Brady returned the favor, and the youngster tumbled to the ground with the catch.
“Give me your best David Givens!†Brady said.
The kid looked at him quizzically.
“Let me see your David Givens!†Brady repeated.

Imagine what kind of fun the media would have had with a picture of Brady flexing his muscles on the day he’s asked to respond to a story linking him to trainer Greg Anderson and the BALCO investigation? The photo probably even would have found its way into the Herald.

For a guy like Brady, who never says or does the wrong thing publicly, it would have been a huge misstep."

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=153397

I sent him an email about that crap yesterday. That was the dumbest piece of garbage I have ever read. :rolleyes:

Most people get the Herald for the lottery numbers and the big pictures. The writing is incidental.

Tomase can be good at times, but let's just say he has the maturity of a 3 year old. Today's example is beneath stupid. Just not ready to join Reiss at the adult's table.

Last edited:
What the hell is wrong with that?

How does that make Tomase an idiot?

Last edited:
What a no talent, mansiere wearing, pie boy. A new low for the Herald, at least on their sport pages.

pats1 said:

Do you see what Tomase is suggesting Brady means by "show me your David Givens"?

sarge said:
Do you see what Tomase is suggesting Brady means by "show me your David Givens"?

Yes, what's the big deal?

Tomase's completely right. If Brady had shown the kid how to do it and the photographer got it - the same day he was linked to Balco - it would make a very interesting picture to go with the story on sports sections across the nation today.

David_Givens.jpg

Last edited:
pats1 said:

Because he's giving legs to an unnecessarily embarrassing guilt by association story.

Not only does he put this non-story of a non-story in the Herald, but it is not even part of a "notes" piece. The "editors" saw fit to make it it's own stand-alone story.

shmessy said:
Because he's giving legs to an unnecessarily embarrassing guilt by association story.

Not only does he put this non-story of a non-story in the Herald, but it is not even part of a "notes" piece. The "editors" saw fit to make it it's own stand-alone story.

It was whoever reported the story for the AP's job to report it.

Tomase just added an interesting link between the story and Brady's action.

He's a writer. That's his JOB.

I had no problem with the BB story in the Herald. If they got the info, it's their job to report it. I did have a problem with the Herald plastering it on the front page like the National Enquirer when there were hundreds dying in the Middle East the same day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back