PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's official: The Jets are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to first year QB history?

Exactly. Now look at what Sanchez actually accomplished in his first year, and notice how he pretty much sucked.

Exactly. Now look at what Sanchez actually accomplished in his first year, and notice how he pretty much sucked.

So with that in mind, his 2nd year should be twice the suckage....

Jets are number 1...Preseason Super Bowl winners.....they deserve a parade in NYC.

Hey guys, remember how the Jets fans got... well, exactly like this, when they snagged Favre from the Packers? They were absolutely certain that the Patriots era was over and done with, and became twice as sure when Brady went down. Funny how that worked out.

Well if that's not the kiss of death, I don't know what is.

From the nobodys to the front page in one year. Ask most Jets fans who've been around more than 20 years and they'll tell you they don't like it. I don't. It sucks. I'd rather be the underdog to the Patriots.

#1? What a joke.

For all the talk about the Jets "going all in", as Banks puts it, this offseason, the truth is they lost more than they gained. Faneca, Washington and Jones were huge losses on the offensive side of the ball. They lost Marques Douglas. Kerry Rhodes.

If they were going all in, they would've retained those guys.

Dude, get a clue. The only losses were Jones and Feely. The rest were completely understandable, and the correct decision by the Jets. Now, on the other hand, the loss of Jones and Feely are question marks for me. I think that was huge. Maybe Greene fills the void for TJ but Folk won't be able to replace Feely.

Can anyone explain how the Jets have jumped 20+ teams in the last 7 months

No. It doesn't make sense. How could it. Just like Revis's success last year. It was one year. Do it again and I'll be impressed. As for the Jets team, do it again without a Colts team rolling over for us and I think people will take them more seriously. Until then, I completely understand the skepticism. But don't blame the Jets for the media's interpretation.

Last edited:
Dude, get a clue. The only losses were Jones and Feely. The rest were completely understandable, and the correct decision by the Jets. Now, on the other hand, the loss of Jones and Feely are question marks for me. I think that was huge. Maybe Greene fills the void for TJ but Folk won't be able to replace Feely.

The assertion that Faneca wasn't a loss is just ridiculous.

I understand the sarcastic nature of this thread title, but I still don't like it. I would've written something like, "Media moron gives Green Beans implausible No. 1 power ranking." Even in jest, the Jest don't deserve to be called "awesome."

The assertion that Faneca wasn't a loss is just ridiculous.

That's the assertion, yes. Faneca was not as good as everyone thought he was. He was going to Pro Bowls based on name recognition. He was the fifth best offensive lineman last season which doesn't necessarily make him bad. For example, he was still a very good run blocker and provided plenty of intangibles and veteran leadership. But, he blew a lot of blocks that led to pass pressure last season, and despite working with him on it, it got worse as the season went on. It was time for him to go. Was there a risk in letting him go. Absolutely. A rookie for a repeating Pro Bowler/ But, it had to be done.

Last edited:
I understand the sarcastic nature of this thread title, but I still don't like it. I would've written something like, "Media moron gives Green Beans implausible No. 1 power ranking." Even in jest, the Jest don't deserve to be called "awesome."

It's rediculous to say we're number one after one decent season, I agree.

It's ridiculous to say we're number one after backing into the playoffs thanks to two teams intentionally whiffing at the end of the regular season. I agree.

Fixed your post for you. ;)

It's rediculous to say we're number one after one decent season, I agree.

And the type of season that JETS fans describe as "decent" (most would describe it in more glowing terms) Pats fans describe 2005 2006 2007 2008 and 2009 as "disheartening". Even thought all were better seasons than the 2009 Jets had.

Don Banks is one of the best football writers on the planet. How dare all of you for mocking him.

:)

It really isn't that big of a loss. It really isn't. He was the weak link on the offensive line.

That's the assertion, yes. Faneca was not as good as everyone thought he was. He was going to Pro Bowls based on name recognition. He was the fifth best offensive lineman last season which doesn't necessarily make him bad. For example, he was still a very good run blocker and provided plenty of intangibles and veteran leadership. But, he blew a lot of blocks that led to pass pressure last season, and despite working with him on it, it got worse as the season went on. It was time for him to go. Was there a risk in letting him go. Absolutely. A rookie for a repeating Pro Bowler/ But, it had to be done.

This is the kind of silliness that makes Jets fans so easy to mock.

It's the "Coles!...no Moss!..no, Coles!!..Moss!...Coles!" rule ,Deus..

a)any starter for the Jets currently..."All Pro!!!!!"

b)any starter leaves to another team.."he was horrible...way past his prime...way downhill!!!"

It's the "Coles!...no Moss!..no, Coles!!..Moss!...Coles!" rule ,Deus..

a)any starter for the Jets currently..."All Pro!!!!!"

b)any starter leaves to another team.."he was horrible...way past his prime...way downhill!!!"

ehh......... the people on this site have been guilty of that regarding Pats/ex-Pats, too.

It's the consistency of the Jets fans' follies that makes them so mock worthy:

Jones (1400 yards and 4.2 ypa) is washed up, but LdT (730 yards and a 3.3 ypa) still has it.

Faneca (multiple time pro bowler) was the weak link, but D'Bust, who couldn't block a dead man before Faneca arrived to help him, is a top 5 LT.

Pennington was washed up, right before he took the Dolphins to the playoffs. Favre was washed up, right before he took the the Vikings to the NFCCG. Sanchez showed all sorts of promise, even as he was the second worst QB in the NFL last season, but Brady, coming off of an ACL/MCL injury and still putting up top 5/10 numbers, is in obvious decline.

There may be a more brain dead fan base than what the Jets have, but I haven't found it.

Last edited:
all fans on all teams do this...true

Jet fan has raised it to an art form ,though...like the start of last season...Leon Washington was the "most dangerous all purpose back in the league!!!"...today, long gone and forgotten...some SoCal rookie is supposed to be way, way better...never fails

ehh......... the people on this site have been guilty of that regarding Pats/ex-Pats, too.

It's the consistency of the Jets fans' follies that makes them so mock worthy:

Jones (1400 yards and 4.2 ypa) is washed up, but LdT (730 yards and a 3.3 ypa) still has it.

Faneca (multiple time pro bowler) was the weak link, but D'Bust, who couldn't block a dead man before Faneca arrived to help him, is a top 5 LT.

Pennington was washed up, right before he took the Dolphins to the playoffs. Favre was washed up, right before he took the the Vikings to the NFCCG. Sanchez showed all sorts of promise, even as he was the second worst QB in the NFL last season, but Brady, coming off of an ACL/MCL injury and still putting up top 5/10 numbers, is in obvious decline.

There may be a more brain dead fan base than what the Jets have, but I haven't found it.

I guess you really can't take my word for it. I hated Jones all of last year. Absolutely hated him. Couldn't wait for Greene, a real running back, to take over the starting job. I felt Faneca was the weak link the whole year.

Guess we'll just have to wait another month and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back