PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Its Official: Miami-Jets game flexed to 4:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have to say that this seems absolutely criminal on the part of the NFL. A large part of our playoff hopes hinge on the Jets winning. However, if we win at 1 they then have nothing to play for. It is the height of all bull****, and I would be shocked if the Pats didn't lodge a complaint with the league.

Sniff, sniff. Boo hoo. Waaaaah.

The problem is this weeks flex schedule. It was the Pats D for most of the season.

You're like a guy with Stockholm Syndrome. Goodell has taken your draft picks and beat you over the head, and you say, IT'S MY FAULT BECAUSE MY D IS CRAPPY AND MY QB WAS HURT EARLY, when the NFL engineers things so that every game won't be played under the maximum competitive circumstances.

You're a joke.

I just have to say that this seems absolutely criminal on the part of the NFL. A large part of our playoff hopes hinge on the Jets winning. However, if we win at 1 they then have nothing to play for. It is the height of all bull****, and I would be shocked if the Pats didn't lodge a complaint with the league.

Hey, wait, spacecrime says you're a whiner!

I hate posts like this..its nothing to do about what the Pats could have done throughout the year...it's about switching times around and who will benefit. Of course if the Pats had won 1 more game, then this wouldn't matter..but they didn't and it does.

Not only that, but spacecrime doesn't even add, if the Pats went 16-0, then this wouldn't matter.

If, if, if.

Thanks for your pathetic offerings spacecrime.

Yes, but Patsfans are the new Raider fans. If the Pats don't make the playoffs, the whiners will be moaning for years about how we were screwed by the schedule. They will get together with Raider fans for a Tuck & Flex party and all have a good cry and blame the NFL for their teams loss.

Makes me want to puke.

Oh please. Like you know how Patriots fans will react? Evidently (from your above post), you have some big chip on your shoulder about Pats fans, but that's Ok - - Last night you "expertly" telling everyone here that the Giants were playing at home in the Meadowlands next week.

I agree this screws us to a certain extent, but enough whining already.

You could tell in BB's presser today that he already knew we'd been effed over and was taking it as par for the course.

Yes, but Patsfans are the new Raider fans. If the Pats don't make the playoffs, the whiners will be moaning for years about how we were screwed by the schedule. They will get together with Raider fans for a Tuck & Flex party and all have a good cry and blame the NFL for their teams loss.

Makes me want to puke.

Although I admit I often disagree with you ;), I think you have it completely right. I was encouraged that in the "Did a coin toss decide our season" thread many people attacked that idea as whining, then I come to this thread and am disappointed.

The fact is, TV needed good games at 8PM and 4PM, something had to happen and this move makes a lot of sense fro TV's perspective. Had Ravens-Jags not been moved also the complaints would have more validity, but that's not the case.

"they won't just shut down--there won't be time to have that emotional shift."

what? that emotional shift can happen in an instant...that would be looking up and seeing the Ravens up 21-3 at half time...or before.

Disagree. The players' brains don't process external information that quickly. If they go into the game with incentive, that will carry them through.

That's not true...the Ravens play at 4.

This should not have been allowed to happen. It obviously could affect how competitive the Jets will be in the second half, once the Ravens get a good lead in that game.

Mangini and the front office can want it all they want, but it's the players' desire that wins and loses games like this. Once they know that they're out, and their fans know that they're out, the chances of Miami winning go up significantly.

VERY unethical move by the NFL. If you want the Jets on at 4, then move ALL 3 games to 4. The existing schedule called for them all to be at 1:00, so the league has now definitely manipulated this playoff race. I don't see how anyone can argue that.

:agree::agree::agree:

This such an obvious manipulative play. A direct assault on the Patriots Oranganization.

Jags will not even show up. By the half, the Jets will know they are out of it. This will DEFINITELY effect how the PLAYERS play the rest of
the game . Mangini may want to win but the players will
be deflated and will probably be thinking about how Mangini blew so many opportunities during the season.

The thing is this is such a weasel thing to do by the NFL. They must think people are so dumb they'll buy there explanation that they moved the Ravens too. SOOOOOOO BAAAAAD!

Last edited:
I read another poster say earlier that the conflict was that both the Jets and Giants games were being played at 1 PM. So why not move the NYG @ MIN game to 4 PM on FOX? Both CBS and FOX have double-headers. They could show the DAL @ PHI game as their prime 1 PM game. Then move the Patriots and Ravens games to 4 PM, so as to not allow the Jets to skew the competitive integrity.

I gather that many of us are afraid that the Patriots will get screwed out of a playoff spot. All I can say is, there's nothing any of us can do about it. We're spectators and nothing more. All we can do is watch and keep our fingers crossed.

If Miami wins, they clinch the competitive AFC East, dethroning the Patriots.
If Miami wins, they complete an historic turnaround - great drama. They were 1-15 last year, and replace the 16-0 team for first in the division.

Maybe that's why the NFL is highlighting that game.
Maybe it's about money and ratings.

The Jets have plenty to play for even if the Pats win and the Ravens are running away with victory. First, if the Jets feel there aren't making the playoffs, their going to try to take Miami with them. No matter how much the Jets hate the Pats, they hate the Dolphins as well. Second, how bad would the Jets look if they lost to a guy (Pennington) they cut to make room for Brett Favre? Mangini has to win this game to prove that they made the right decision to make room for Favre. And Lastly, with a Jets loss at home will probably ensure that Mangini will be fired and beg Bill Belichick for a job with the Pats.

Last edited:
Wow lots of takes on this game being flexed.

The fact of the matter is that, some teams get screwed every year. Its the way of the NFL. You guys have had the best team this past decade. Its really been quite amazing what you guys have accomplished. If you guys finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs I would not cry one tear because of the great team you guys have had and will have again next year. You guys are the last team I'd want my dolphins to play in the first round because there is no way we can play with you guys when it will be a shootout.

That being said so much stuff can happen this week-end, I just hope that none of our seasons are decided by a stupid reffing mistake that is all.

By the way the Jets will not throw in the towel no matter whats going on in Baltimore. The Jets and Dolphins rivalry has alot of hatred and I can tell you as an organization they do not want to lose to Chad, that would be an ultimate kick in the face. The players on both sides have pride and it should be a dog fight.

Best of luck this week-end!

And Lastly, with a Jets loss at home will probably ensure that Mangini will be fired and beg Bill Belichick for a job with the Pats.
Working in the video department is the only job Mangina gets offered by Belichick.

If Miami wins, they complete an historic turnaround - great drama. They were 1-15 last year, and replace the 16-0 team for first in the division.

Exactly.......folks here are acting a little silly. The league would want the Pats in the playoffs for exactly that reason.

:agree::agree::agree:

This such an obvious manipulative play. A direct assault on the Patriots Oranganization.

Jags will not even show up. By the half, the Jets will know they are out of it. This will DEFINITELY effect how the PLAYERS play the rest of
the game . Mangini may want to win but the players will
be deflated and will probably be thinking about how Mangini blew so many opportunities during the season.

The thing is this is such a weasel thing to do by the NFL. They must think people are so dumb they'll buy there explanation that they moved the Ravens too. SOOOOOOO BAAAAAD!

Stop w/the conspiracy nonsense.

As for the Jets getting deflated midgame, disagree. They will have it in their heads to start the game that the game means something. These guys will NOT suddenly have a mind shift--their minds don't work that quickly regarding external stimulii.

No problem.

Except I'm a fan of the 16-0 team from last year.

If I were a Miami fan, I'd be sending a bouquet to Goodell today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back