Welcome to PatsFans.com

Its Official, Iraq-911 Link is Debunked

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Sep 12, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

From here on forward, any time any Republican makes the claim that there was a link between Iraq and Al Qaeda, you can officially call bullspit! Call them liars, hacks, whatever....because the truth is now officially out and it doesn't look good for them. It shatters any remaining credibility these suckers have left.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middle_east/iraq/intelligence/senatereport-9-8-06.pdf

We are getting closer to the completion of phase two (at least, in part), and the GOP is rankling under its implications. This report details how the intelligence was both fabricated and stovepiped to the VPs office via the neocons in the Pentagon. It explains how the fraud Chalabi got away with greasing administration officials into this war.

This war was sold on the basis of a BIG LIE, a HUGE LIE, and the truth is beginning to see the light of day, in official circles. Maybe this is why so many Rapes are distancing themselves from Bush. This is going to get ugly, fast.

Here they are, undaunted, still out there perpetuating the myth, conflating the facts regarding the Iraq invasion causus belli. Not only does this intel report demonstrate that Iraq and Al Qaeda had nothing to do with each other, but it shows that the neo-cons knew that fact early on, and led the puppet criminal Bush down the road to committing an impeachable offense early on.

It reinforces what Downing Street already tells us. They made a connection to 911 for political advantage...and have cheated the american people out of hundreds of billions of tax dollars through corporate corruption, fraud, and abuse with their no bid contracting "experiment in democracy".

Come January, the impeachment process will have begun. And of course the cons out there just want to move forward, and not let this criminal cabal be held accountable. Naturally. They are complicit in this crime and they know full well their leaders are liars and because of it, people are dying needlessly.

Please righties, defend this war now! Begin with page 66 of this pdf about the disdain Iraq had for Bin Ladins group and how the CIA had it right, but some rogue intel in the office of Doug Feith trumped their assessments.

Go ahead...lets debate the merits of this report which confirms what we have written time and again , but you have written off as "liberal fallacy" (PFEIL, thats your favorite). Go ahead...lets get this party started.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

You title says no link between Iraq and 9-11, inside you say no link between Al Queda and Iraq.

They are 2 different things which one are you talking about?

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The attacks on September 11, 2001 were carried out by Al Queda, under orders by Osama Bin Ladin.
    Nice try at feigning ignorance... or were you really being ignorant? Is your disconnect from reality become that pronounced?

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

They are two different issues. I don't think that UBL & Saddam were involved in 9/11 together. I do feel that Al-Queda and Iraq had some level of relationship. It was the sentiment of both the Clinton and Bush Administrations, and of Jordanian intell. Again, did Saddam and UBL plan 9/11 together? No, I personally never thought so. I do believe that Al-Queda and Iraqi officials had a business relationship.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

We have killed over 5000 Muslim Terrorists, many of them in Iraq, we have eliminated a "Butcher" from power, we have greatly helped one of Liberalisms favorite causes "Feminst Freedom And Equality" soon women will be able to ride in the front seat of the family car (personally I could care less) many of them seemed to enjoy being treated like donkeys.

It was Muslim Terrorists that attacked America on 9/11, that is who we are "KILLING".

They are planning another attack on Chicago but they won't be able to do it until the Democrats win in November (it looks like the democrats will win) then watch the fireworks.

6. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The report that came out not only said there was no relationship between Saddam and Al Qeada, but that they viewed each other with distrust.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

So when we worked with the Soviets during WW II we trusted them? How about when Syria contributed troops to Gulf War I, did we trust them? Chavez and Iran are starting a relationship, think they each trust each other? Remember, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. That doesn't mean the two trust each other.

My postion is simple:

Iraq + 9\11 = ERR

Iraq + Al-Queda = Hmmm.....

8. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I never for one second believed that Iraq was involved in the 9/11 plot.

I DO believe however, that Iraq had something to do with the Al-Qaeda network.

9. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ahh, well, I suppose if you want to make connections without a bit of evidence, you can. But it's conspiracy theory - sort of like the people claiming GW planted explosives in the twin towers.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

The report that the dems and their house organ PBS refers is based on intel from before the invasion of Iraq. Also as we have seen in the Wilson and Mary Mc Carthy incidents there are political factions within the intel community who push their agenda.

I have never heard anyone in the administration say Iraq had an operational role in the 9-11 attack. If someone has a quote that shows otherwise, please link it.

Since this document being peddled by the dems and their media lackeys were written before any of the captured Iraqi Intel documents, they are incomplete. Captured Iraqi documents show that links between Al Queda and Iraq did exist. The intention existed to develop that relationship. Proof of that was Zatqwai receiving medical treatment in Baghdad, the establishment of Alqueda training camps in Iraq after the camps in Afganistan were rendered inoperative, and the rapid involvement of AL Queda with the Baathist in forming teh working together in the insurgency.

Given the dems political agenda it is no suprise that the dems would wnat to ignore new information that contradicts their agenda.

11. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +74 / 4 / -3

They did have a relationship. It was kind of like the relationship I had with my ex-girlfriend. She wanted to destroy me. Just like OBL wanted to destroy Saddam, one of the few secular leaders in that region.

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

To bad you didn't live in Iraq, you could have made that girlfriend go out and feed the donkey and ride in the back seat with her face covered.
    :rocker:

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Well there are documents from the Iraqi Intel service that show the intent to work with Al Queda. Do you have proof of your assertation or are you just blowing smoke out of your butt. If you have real documentation please link it, Your speculation is useless.

14. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Stop lying or provide some proof to your claim.

Over and over again we are treated to your deluded view of intelligence which doesn't exist. We have the proof here to call you a liar...so why must you continue after you've been caught in a lie?

Or, do what you do best and back your assertion with some two bit op ed.

15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

A couple for your consideration first a document from April 2003 on eforts to evade the UN on Cehm weapons the the ability to deploy them.

link to a pdf image of the original document, the link goes to a goverment website http://70.168.46.200/Released\07-05-06/CMPC-2003-004346.pdf

translation:

here is a link to a foxnews story on another translated Iraqi document:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200908,00.html

Here is a description of the document if you follow the link you can read the translation.

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

BTW both the documents referenced above were translated in 2006 after the Senate Intel report.

As I said the Senate intel report is based on incomplete and apparently faulty CIA info. The dems know this translated material is out there and are pushing infornation they know to be incomplete/obsolete for political purposes. It's always fun to watch pols play games with national security for political gain.

17. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

hmmmm...who to believe?

1) a bipartisan intelligence committe report on the prewar assessment of intel

or

2) a Fox news report

I know thats a tough one.

WTF, pf13??? Would you please remove your head from your rectum once in awhile?? While the Taliban was a ruling party, cetainly every neighbor in the region had some dealing with them. So did we. Does that make us a co-conspirator in the attacks on 911? Is that what you are saying??

But since you can't provide a link which rebukes the claim made by the Senate intelligence committe, you must therefore be conceding that there was no connection between Iraq and Al Qaeda before we went in as the report says, right?

Even though this administration made the false claim repeatedly. And are now proven LIARS.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

Well who would you believe. politicans playing politics and cherrypicking items from a 211 pg report that was written by poartisan staffers or source documents written by the Iraqi's on their activities.

Note again the translation of these documents occured more than a year after the Senate Intel report was written, IOW they werent't aware of the informationinthese oducments. The translator of the doucment published by Fox news was a member of the Iraq Survey Group and has expertise in the area.

I also linked the original documents, they are in the public open to be viewed and translated by anyone. Why not find a friend who can translate Arabic to see if they published translations are accurate?

Who exactly has their head up their ass?
    Someone who believes politicans over original doucments from Iraq.

This demonistrates once again how irrational and blinded by their biaes theose on the left who are in denial about the WOT are.

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +539 / 6 / -2

That is a point of note. The Senate commitee concluded on info available in 2005. It is by all means possible that new intell would become available as ducuments become translated. To this point, I maintain my position that UBL and saddam were not friends, that Iraq was not involved in 9/11, but that Al-Queda and IRaq did have some form of relationship. Hopefully, the confiscated documents will shed some finality to it all.

20. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This report is dated 9/8/06 you moron. Now, carry on with your koolaid chugfest.