PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's Jeff Fisher's nightmare week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never count out the Rams, they can win any game anywhere. As soon as you think they are out they pull out a shocker.

I wouldn't wish any injuries to the players but I hope one of our hard hitting defenders runs into Jeff Fisher trying to tackle one of their receivers :D

If Blount (#29) did it would you believe in number Karma?

upload_2016-11-30_10-15-30.jpeg
images

I honestly think he has something majorly bad on someone high up in the league...i just cannot understand why he still has a job it really makes no sense. Like marvin lewis i understand hes been at the same place and clearly the bengals ownership do not care about mediocrity but Fisher has had multiple jobs and sucked everywhere he goes. Like maybe for the Rams to move to LA they had to keep Fisher as head coach. I DUNNO

While its not looking good for the Bungles this year, at least Marvin Lewis has made the playoffs a few years in a row now and has had winning seasons.

Since 2009 Jeff Fisher is 45-61 with zero playoff appearances. He hasn't had a winning season since 2008 or won a playoff game in 14 years.

That is beyond terrible.

What I want to see is the Pats OL play well and the DL get pressure. IF those 2 units win I will be happy and feel like they made a positive step forward even if vs an overall bad team.

But do they pass the "eye" test??

Well seeing that they've given up

28 points to the 49ers
32 to the Buccs
30 to the Bills
31 to the Lions
49 to the Saints

i'm gonna say maybe...not

Since 2001, rookie quarterbacks playing in Foxboro have averaged 201.9 passing yards and a 51.7 passer rating with just 4 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

Last edited:
Tough Defense. Happy this one is at home.

Tough Defense. Happy this one is at home.

Tough defense? Yep, it'll be a nightmare for Goff to deal with our defense. I like TB12's chances against the Rams defense. Yep, they got a well-respected line, but not much else. We have the right players and coaches to deal with a good D line.

I was at that game; freak October snow storm. I remember during his press conference afterward Fisher didn't seem at all upset.
I will always remember watching that game, 5 Touchdowns in one Quarter, another TB nfl record.:D

FWIW, Washington scored 72 points on a game in 1966. NE scored a record 589 points in 2007.

Could easily be one of those 59-0 type games, but I think their DL will mess with Andrews and Mason and therefore mess with Brady and lead to a 24-14 (Patriots win) kind of game.

I will always remember watching that game, 5 Touchdowns in one Quarter, another TB nfl record.:D
That's an awesome record. I don't think it's easy to beat that.
Edit: May be TB12 can throw for 6 this weekend ? :eek:

I was kinda hoping we'd break two records in one day, Brady's wins and Fisher's losses.

This what BB had to say about Jeff Fisher's coaching :D

Q: What are your thoughts on Jeff Fisher and his style as a coach?

BB: I think they're aggressive; they are very explosive, I would say. They can score in a hurry, so that's in the return game with [Benny] Cunningham and [Tavon] Austin. [Johnny] Hekker is a tremendous punter. He can change field positions, so they're very explosive there. They're aggressive in the kicking game whether it's running fakes, keeping the defense off balance when they're kicking the ball or with their return game when they're getting the ball. They're very explosive to score. Defensively, with Coach [Gregg] Williams they have a good combination of zone, man, pressure; again, very disruptive up front. They have a lot of good defensive linemen. They're fast. [Mark] Barron is playing linebacker but he's kind of a safety, but he's a fast safety or a fast linebacker, whatever you want to call him. [Alec] Ogletree is fast, so they have a lot of team speed out there; very disruptive front. Again, they can score in a hurry with turnovers, strip sacks. Trumaine Johnson is a tough guy to throw against. He's long, he's fast, he's got good quickness for his size, so he's tough out there, and then offensively, again, a quarterback that has tremendous talent; can make all the throws, a big receiver with [Kenny] Britt, a very explosive guy with the ball in his hands in [Tavon] Austin, whether it's runs or catch-and-run plays or vertical routes. They have a lot of different ways that they can attack and a lot of explosive players that can do it. Obviously, [Todd] Gurley goes without saying, doesn't need much room, hard runner, hard to tackle. So I'd say Jeff [Fisher] is aggressive in all three areas of the game. They're explosive, they have explosive players, they have a very talented roster, one of the more talented rosters we've seen, a lot of really good players. The combination of the talent and the number of things that they do, and as a team we don't know very well, it will be a big challenge for us this week.

Source: Patriots Conference Call Transcripts 11/29: Bill Belichick, Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia

Because it never gets old:

CSQqlwPUYAAc4od.png:large

He's on the competition committee. He'll be the first coach to successfully get rules changed in season to benefit his team. LOL

So the guy BB went completely out of his way to praise is not Aaron Donald DT stud but their punter Hekker. Yes he is the best punter in the league... but come on.

Also BB likes to take away the other teams best player. Does he plan to leave the Rams offense on the field and let them convert 3rd downs to avoid the dreaded wrath of Hekker?

Is it Fisher's nightmare week because several key Pats are coming into the game pre-injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back