PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

its going to be a long summer

Tell me I am wrong, you guys. I see this letter from Lucchino and I am stunned by the cluelessness of the front office. They cannot stop selling image, can't help themselves. I am flabbergasted, although I realize I am back to my pre-2004 jaded fan status, but c'mon. This is a joke, right? The whole sucking up to Papi, the living museum, varsity??????? Are you kidding? Boston has some of the most knowledgeable fans out there, right up there with St.Louis, and we get this pink hat pandering AGAIN!?!

Dear Season Ticket Holder:

As we cross the midpoint of our 2012 season, we thank you for your loyal support thus far. We met many of you at our new spring home, JetBlue Park at Fenway South, and renewed more acquaintances as we opened the 100th Anniversary season at Fenway Park. We sensed that the nostalgia touched you, and we hope to continue to celebrate this special anniversary from time to time throughout the year.

Our play on the field has at times tested the mettle of the faithful. It could be maddening one day, enthralling the next day. Along the way, we have seen our bullpen gel, young players emerge, and veterans lead. We have watched the team coalesce into a close group. Personalities are enhancing the chemistry, such as the cheerful Cody Ross, the friendly Mike Aviles, and the inspiring story of Daniel Nava. Jarrod Saltalamacchia has shown power, in the clutch, worthy of an All-Star. And as the talented Will Middlebrooks forced his way into the lineup, we bade farewell, with gratitude, to Kevin Youkilis, who helped us win two World Championships.

The one constant on the field has been our beloved Big Papi, David Ortiz. How thrilled we were that our gregarious leader reached the 400-home run plateau in a career that we hope will forever be with the Red Sox.

The one constant off the field is that we have had a veritable All-Star Team on the disabled list. As we begin the second half, we look forward to the return of the “varsity,” including Jacoby Ellsbury, Carl Crawford, Andrew Bailey, and the ever-dirty Dustin Pedroia.

While this infusion of such talent in late July may make other General Managers green with envy, you can be sure that Ben Cherington and his Baseball Operations Staff will approach the July 31 trading deadline with their tireless work ethic. If someone can further help this club, and if the deal makes sense, we will be aggressive. We want to play October Baseball this year.

Meanwhile, as you come to Fenway Park throughout this season, we hope you will come early—the secret to fully enjoying a sports venue. Now “A Living Museum,” Fenway Park probably leads the league in bronze plaques and commemorative displays along the concourses. Enjoy them at your leisure early, well before the escalation of excitement as game time approaches. And as always, if you have reactions, suggestions, or ideas that will make the ballpark experience even better, we invite you to send them to [email protected].

By the way, if we’re in your neighborhood for a visit during “Acts of Kindness Month” this month, please come over and say hello. We enjoy listening to you, and we enjoy talking baseball with you. We’re your biggest fans. So, on behalf of John Henry, Tom Werner, our partners, and our entire organization, we thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you at Fenway Park.

Keep the Faith,

Larry Lucchino

john lester really pooped in his pants today:eek:. him and beckett are killing the local 9 this year.

john lester really pooped in his pants today:eek:. him and beckett are killing the local 9 this year.

As they need to be in shape as someone on this board says. Maybe that is affecting them. And the team's play.

This is why you don't get high or low with this Red Sox team. None of this is Bobby V's doing. The team and players aren't consistent. The only way that gets fixed is by overhauling the roster.

Last edited:
Well, after a nice HR from Ross, Beckett and Lester throw BP for Toronto and they get swept. I am staying with my theory that these guys are not preparing to the level they did when Tek was here. Arrogance and indifference.

the redsox are 13 and 23 with lester and beckett on the mound this year. if they had the same record combined from last year at this time the sox would be in first place by a half game. i don't remember exactly what there record combined was this time last year but it was a ten game difference from this year to last year according to csnn. they were talking about it on the radio today. i thought both of them were overrated but i had no idea they would be this bad.

Last edited:
As much as I love Ellsbury Cherrington should be on the phone to Philly gauging their interest in an Ellsbury for Lee/Hamels trade. We need pitching and they need offense.

Down 9-1 to the Rangers ... if we're not sellers by the trade deadline there is something wrong.

I have no problem with a rebuild ... 1-2-3 years whatever.

I do have a problem with trying for no reason other than to fill seats.

Bobby Valentine seems like a good manager for the younger player - so bring them up and in.

Last edited:
Down 9-1 to the Rangers ... if we're not sellers by the trade deadline there is something wrong.

I have no problem with a rebuild ... 1-2-3 years whatever.

I do have a problem with trying for no reason other than to fill seats.

Bobby Valentine seems like a good manager for the younger player - so bring them up and in.

A-freakin-men

IMO, the front office is completely delusional and thinks the fans are so fickle that they won't be back. I for one would rather they stood up and said "this is broken, we're gonna fix it" than to have them keep telling us "all is well"
ChipDillard.JPG

EDIT: I posted a letter to the Red Sox front office:
http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2012/07/a-letter-to-red-sox-front-office.html

Last edited:
its never over tills its over. we can still do this.

I only have one question for ownership - when are you going to bring in some pitchers who aren't scrubbers?

I only have one question for ownership - when are you going to bring in some pitchers who aren't scrubbers?
would it surprise anybody if beckett and lackey are still on the team next year? i don't think the number one priority is winning anymore. all ownership cares about now is marketing and selling the redsox brand.

would it surprise anybody if beckett and lackey are still on the team next year? i don't think the number one priority is winning anymore. all ownership cares about now is marketing and selling the redsox brand.
We know the team can score insano but the Red Sox pitching has sucked the enjoyment out of watching their games for me.

Well at least they won in the bronx.

Would love to see Beckett traded by Tomorrow.

Alas it won't happen.

This team is done. Just need to remove the poison from the team and restart in the offseason.

this this this this this. this.

I'll believe they are serious about winning when Beckett's on the Lawyer Milloy all-about-me bus.

Good to see the Red Sox active at the trade deadline.

I am glad they had some sanity and did not trade Beckett. Not that I like him but even if he's or #4 - or #5 on the team it's better than what is out there. Sure he is overpaid but why get rid of him, pay his salary and replace him with a lesser pitcher and lose prospects - makes no sense to me.

I like the Breslow pickup and hope that it is a move made in anticipation of bouncing Dice-K out of here and moving Cook to the bullpen and get Morales back in the rotation. Breslow is nasty on lefties - should help against the Yankees also.

Mad that Sweeney got hurt - can't stand him and find him useless.

Was also hoping to see Aviles get traded ... Ciriaco (my boy) wins more games than Aviles and has more clutch hits - kid can play and i like him.

I still think it would have been nice to be sellers ... hope I am wrong and they heat up.

All in all ... not much we could do and I'd rather stick with this group than to see prospects traded.:cool:

Last edited:
I am glad they had some sanity and did not trade Beckett. Not that I like him but even if he's or #4 - or #5 on the team it's better than what is out there. Sure he is overpaid but why get rid of him, pay his salary and replace him with a lesser pitcher and lose prospects - makes no sense to me.

I like the Breslow pickup and hope that it is a move made in anticipation of bouncing Dice-K out of here and moving Cook to the bullpen and get Morales back in the rotation. Breslow is nasty on lefties - should help against the Yankees also.

Mad that Sweeney got hurt - can't stand him and find him useless.

Was also hoping to see Aviles get traded ... Ciriaco (my boy) wins more games than Aviles and has more clutch hits - kid can play and i like him.

I still think it would have been nice to be sellers ... hope I am wrong and they heat up.

All in all ... not much we could do and I'd rather stick with this group than to see prospects traded.:cool:
Ciriaco has been a shot in the arm Icy. That still doesn't change my disappointment at the Sox pitching.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back