PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

its going to be a long summer

Regardless of this pool party nonsense, you guys realize the sox are 1.5 games out in the wildcard. Ellsbury and Crawford starting rehab as well and I like our chances to grab a playoff spot.
I view the Red Sox with guarded optimism. Their form fluctuations makes it too difficult to view them differently.

Regardless of this pool party nonsense, you guys realize the sox are 1.5 games out in the wildcard. Ellsbury and Crawford starting rehab as well and I like our chances to grab a playoff spot.

Do they look like a team capable of a deep playoff run? Not to this guy.

That fwcking useless byproduct of the Epstein era is likely going to DL yet again.
Dice-K seems to have acquired a neck injury after 2 innings of play.
I can't wait for this team to dump his ass and get a reasonably reliable pitcher.

And I fwcking dont even like baseball that much. How the hell can you guys endure this crap?

-jamman

Last edited:
I have no idea why Dice K is still around.

Kick his ass to touch.

Its not going to work. The experiment has failed. Time to move on.

brandon moss and josh reddick are playing really well for the As.

Last edited:
And Ortiz is humiliated and embarrassed about being the highest paid DH in baseball.

As far as Ortiz being humiliated. I can see it. He's a veteran who helped bring 2 championships to Boston who has played at a high level the last couple of years for 1 year deals. Now I can't fathom the money these guys make but if you tone it down a notch to our level it might be a little different.

Imagine your working your job and you are one of the best workers and have the stats to show it. You make 100,000 which is good change but it's only on a 1 year term basis.You may have to displace your wife and family the following year because you may be dropped. Meanwhile unproven guys comes in and they give him a 3 or 4 year commitment at 100,000 dollars a year guaranteed. Even though you can argue that you have outperformed them at what you do. They have been given the contract due to youth, potential and ceiling. 2 or 3 years roll by and you have outperformed them again but are again looking at a 1 year deal for your efforts.

There is a question of loyalty and respect at every level. From the fortune 500 club all the way down to the person who works as a waitress or cook at a diner or McDonalds etc.

i am so sick and tired of his whining about his contract. shut up and play already. the redsox got this one right. why bid against yourself and over pay. don't the redsox have enough bad contracts? lackey crawford ect ect. there isn't a big market for full time dh anymore. most teams use it now to give guys a break like the yankees do for arod.

Last edited:
As far as Ortiz being humiliated. I can see it. He's a veteran who helped bring 2 championships to Boston who has played at a high level the last couple of years for 1 year deals. Now I can't fathom the money these guys make but if you tone it down a notch to our level it might be a little different.

Imagine your working your job and you are one of the best workers and have the stats to show it. You make 100,000 which is good change but it's only on a 1 year term basis.You may have to displace your wife and family the following year because you may be dropped. Meanwhile unproven guys comes in and they give him a 3 or 4 year commitment at 100,000 dollars a year guaranteed. Even though you can argue that you have outperformed them at what you do. They have been given the contract due to youth, potential and ceiling. 2 or 3 years roll by and you have outperformed them again but are again looking at a 1 year deal for your efforts.

There is a question of loyalty and respect at every level. From the fortune 500 club all the way down to the person who works as a waitress or cook at a diner or McDonalds etc.

Ortiz played with a multi year deal from 2007-10. He responded with two of the worst statistical years in his career with the Red Sox, mirroring his tenure in Minnesota. In 2008, he hit .264 with a .507 slugging. He followed that up with a .238 avg and a .462 slugging, the lowest in his career since 2001. He improved slightly in 2010, with a .270 avg, breaking the century mark in RBI's for the first time since 2007, and improving his slugging to .529. Since then, the team has made him play for his pay with successive one year deals, and he's responded by returning to form of 03-04, albeit with substantially less HR's, but we know why that is. Clearly, he's having to perform to earn his substantial salary, and it's pissing him off. He has not performed well with a multi-year deal since the team won the world series, and he plays much better having to play for the next contract, instead of being fat and happy like the other veterans on this team. I for one would rather have an angry Ortiz hitting over .300 with reasonable, clean, power numbers, than one who is content to play out his contracts. This is the one player the Red Sox have handled contracts correctly with.

edit: and...his constant whining of 'me first', like interrupting Terry Francona's presser last season and this year's contract talk does not smack of a team first attitude. It smacks of a Lawyer Milloy I-don't-care-as-long-as-I-get-paid-wait-what-do-you-mean-I-have-been-cut trip to Buffalo.

Last edited:
yankees 3

Red Sox 0

1st inning no outs ...
Up your azz beckett ... go have a taco.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Last edited:
Finished the inning down 5-0 ... Beckett you D-bag go away ... forever.

Probably has the blister problem again ... to much whacking off on his off days.

Last edited:
They dropped 3 out of 4 to NY. How many days til camp opens? Now there's talk that Crawford needs Tommy John surgery. I think the guy would rather have surgery than play here. (ok, not really). Pitiful. .500 team with all this talent. I wouldn't care if they were .500 and overachievers, but this is ridiculous.

They dropped 3 out of 4 to NY. How many days til camp opens? Now there's talk that Crawford needs Tommy John surgery. I think the guy would rather have surgery than play here. (ok, not really). Pitiful. .500 team with all this talent. I wouldn't care if they were .500 and overachievers, but this is ridiculous.
that entire franchise is a complete mess from top to bottom. so many bad unmovable contracts. its kind of depressing to see. the crying and whining from the players like ortiz drives me crazy. i cant wait to see lackey beckett crawford ortiz hell even lester gone. anybody notice how well youk is playing now? the second he was traded middlebrooks went into a slump and then got hurt. ya just knew that was going to happen.

Last edited:
that entire franchise is a complete mess from top to bottom. so many bad unmovable contracts. its kind of depressing to see. the crying and whining from the players like ortiz drives me crazy. i cant wait to see lackey beckett crawford ortiz hell even lester gone. anybody notice how well youk is playing now? the second he was traded middlebrooks went into a slump and then got hurt. ya just knew that was going to happen.

It's like a cloud was lifted off Youk, very predictable.

The players can whine and cry about the media, but you don't hear the guys from NY crying. The guys from NY go about their business in a professional manner. Meanwhile, we get, chicken, beer, vodka parties, and DH's whining about RBI's.

It does appear that Tito was the glue that held it together. It's really sad, because you can almost guarantee players like Beckett would have a renaissance of their careers if they left Boston. That's the frustrating thing. If players can leave town and play better, than they have plenty in the tank to do it here as well. They simply just don't care enough to get it done. Very unprofessional.

Good article on the failure of our 2 'aces' this year.

Sox are 12-20 when Beckett and Lester start. If that stat were reversed (asking too much from your 'aces'? Then things would be pretty good under the circumstances (injuries).

Feel a little bad for Valentine with the number of injuries he has had to deal with.

Good article on the failure of our 2 'aces' this year.

Sox are 12-20 when Beckett and Lester start. If that stat were reversed (asking too much from your 'aces'? Then things would be pretty good under the circumstances (injuries).

Feel a little bad for Valentine with the number of injuries he has had to deal with.

My take is this ... you make it through the playoffs when you have a strong #1 and #2 pitcher. We do not have either of those this year. Beckett is injured so I am not going to rag on him ... he has a bad shoulder and it is obvious. Lester who knows what his problem is but anyways he is not even a #3 this year.

Even if we were to make the playoffs offense only gets you so far ... it's all about pitching and we all know this. So time to have a sale and move on. Bring some more youth in to challenge the tired and pompous. I would trade anyone not named Barnes to get king Felix and then move from there.

Last edited:
I think the least Beckett and Lester could have done this season is turned up in shape.

Clearly neither are in any decent shape. I wonde if this is affecting them.

Becketts numbers got worse last year when he started visibly piling on the pounds.

Gammons is reporting that Lester is unhappy here. Really? We all love the fact that you guys are 43-43.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...z-i-just-sense-jon-lester-is-so-unhappy-here/
How about you get in shape, man up, and stop being an entitled prima dona, like the rest of the staff? I'd give....well, I'd give a lot...to have a Kevin Millar type on this team. Someone to hold guys accountable. Cowboy up.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

287.jpg

Edit:I posted this before Millar was on the radio. I had no idea he was going to be on.

Last edited:
Gammons is reporting that Lester is unhappy here. Really? We all love the fact that you guys are 43-43.
Gammons on Felger & Mazz: ‘I Just Sense Jon [Lester] Is So Unhappy Here’ « CBS Boston
How about you get in shape, man up, and stop being an entitled prima dona, like the rest of the staff? I'd give....well, I'd give a lot...to have a Kevin Millar type on this team. Someone to hold guys accountable. Cowboy up.

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

287.jpg

Edit:I posted this before Millar was on the radio. I had no idea he was going to be on.
its time for peter gammons to retire. hes nothing but a ball washer for the players.
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/12/red-sox-lester-happy-hopes-to-spend-entire-career-in-boston/

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back