PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's funny, I feel relief, not sadness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Glad that this team has finally been put out of its misery.

May the offseason bring a flurry of firings, starting with both coordinators.

Hopefully next year will see a much tougher, physical, aggressive team. Today's successful defenses ATTACK. We are the anti-that right now.

Let's replace Dancing LoMo, AD, some of the OL, get some OLBs, one good corner, and at least a couple of vets in FA.

I think TFB's best days are probably over too... he's got some great years left, but the magic appears to be gone... injuries + age have changed him mentally... whether that's temporary or permanant has yet to be sen. I'm proud to have TFB as our QB, but it's time to admit that perhaps we can't rely so much on him to single handedly win games for us ever again.

Last edited:
Yeah this loss doesn't hurt nearly as bad as 05, 06, or 07. Still frustrating though.

I feel pride in my Patriots, as bad as today was, it made me realize how lucky we have been as Pats fan to experience what we have, while other teams struggle year in and year out.

Last edited:
I think we all have expected way too much from TB...the next few years the Patriots MUST build a dominating defense and a run game.

As much as it pains me to sy...this is what teh Jets have done and it is why tehy are still playing and we are not.

Im not even mad cuz they showed no heart & got beat by a hungrier team..Just tells you that defense wins championships & the Pats have a longggg way to go if they ever wanna lift that trophy again.

I feel pride in my Patriots, as bad as today was, it made me realize how lucky we have been as Pats fan to experience what we have, while other teams struggle year in and year out.

I agree a 100%! Sad, sad day, but i'm very proud, too. Thanks for that incredible decade and these countless memories. Move on, we 'll be back!!! Go Pats!

Is it possible to get some free agents to beef up our defense?

Proud? How the **** does a moment like this make you proud? sure looking back, but this?

This simply shows this team is in a period where they will either

a) continue to decline, eventually to mediocrity

OR

b) make a few adjustments on the OL, WR, defensively and get back to that elite status.

To me all year it felt like a team hanging on. Never before has the offense seemed like it's on such decline, hopefully we'll see some improvements to both sides of the ball. I don't even have time to list the issues.

Glad that this team has finally been put out of its misery.

May the offseason bring a flurry of firings, starting with both coordinators.

Hopefully next year will see a much tougher, physical, aggressive team. Today's successful defenses ATTACK. We are the anti-that right now.

Let's replace Dancing LoMo, AD, some of the OL, get some OLBs, one good corner, and at least a couple of vets in FA.

I think TFB's best days are probably over too... he's got some great years left, but the magic appears to be gone... injuries + wife + kids + age have changed him mentally... whether that's temporary or permanant has yet to be sen. I'm proud to have TFB as our QB, but it's time to admit that perhaps we can't rely so much on him to single handedly win games for us ever again.

Good post.
Light played awful, Neil played awful, Maroney....ridiculous. Aiken as a WR? What? Hopefully Watson is gone. Baker was a bust. Green was a non-factor this season. Did he even play today? I don't mind if the Ghost is gone. He missed to many important kicks this year. Got to be a better college kicker out there. Hanson=Gone! O.C.=Gone!Sanders....Oh yeah right he made the defense better! He is awful (although Merriweather stunk today too). Worst DB in the league.

Give TB some weapons Bob! We need a starting RB, a starting WR (let Moss play the #3. Not an insult. He just got too beat up this year).

I am still proud of the Pats. They were seriously undermanned this year and bravado took over. That only goes so far. You need weapons and tools.

Cuts or no resigns please;
Light
Neal
Green
Sanders
Maroney
Woods
Alexander
Kcazur
AD (he actually was not bad today)
"Ghost"

THE OC !!!

DW Toys

I think we all have expected way too much from TB...the next few years the Patriots MUST build a dominating defense and a run game.

As much as it pains me to sy...this is what teh Jets have done and it is why tehy are still playing and we are not.

As much as I hate the Jest, there making the most of their opportunity. They had beat 2 teams that had nothing to lose and now they won when they had to last night...

Certainly nothing to be proud about. This season was an embarassment. But I, too, am glad it's over.

Is it possible to get some free agents to beef up our defense?

Don't worry, like the last 2 years, Bill will go after his Victor Hobson's and Joey Galloway's, you know the FAs he THOUGHT would be impactful, and they'll probably be released by TC or in the middle of the season and the holes we thought he filled, well they wont be.

Thats been the painful story the last few years.

I feel the same way. Winning the SB without Welker just wouldn't feel right. :)

Don't worry, like the last 2 years, Bill will go after his Victor Hobson's and Joey Galloway's, you know the FAs he THOUGHT would be impactful, and they'll probably be released by TC or in the middle of the season and the holes we thought he filled, well they wont be.

Thats been the painful story the last few years.

That's really sad.

Are there any positives when it comes to defense? I mean, in a perfect world, is there something we could do in free agency to make us, well, not get beaten up by the Baltimore Ravens?

Good post.
Light played awful, Neil played awful, Maroney....ridiculous. Aiken as a WR? What? Hopefully Watson is gone. Baker was a bust. Green was a non-factor this season. Did he even play today? I don't mind if the Ghost is gone. He missed to many important kicks this year. Got to be a better college kicker out there. Hanson=Gone! O.C.=Gone!Sanders....Oh yeah right he made the defense better! He is awful (although Merriweather stunk today too). Worst DB in the league.

Give TB some weapons Bob! We need a starting RB, a starting WR (let Moss play the #3. Not an insult. He just got too beat up this year).

I am still proud of the Pats. They were seriously undermanned this year and bravado took over. That only goes so far. You need weapons and tools.

Cuts or no resigns please;
Light
Neal
Green
Sanders
Maroney
Woods
Alexander
Kcazur
AD (he actually was not bad today)
"Ghost"

THE OC !!!

DW Toys

Good post. I agree we need some new faces going forward. Time to cut the cord on a lot of them.
Need players who can step up and we didn't seem to have any this year.

I think TFB's best days are probably over too

He had his second best regular season ever (only second to his best season that just happened to be the greatest in NFL history) and this was coming off major knee surgery.

Hell the guy threw 5 TDs in a single quarter...

Yeah lets just replenish with those draft picks, we have been doing do well in that dept... :rolleyes:

please, this team needs a major overhall.. and to hear Brady do his presser reminds me of Drew's presser... lazy fair...

Im ticked... and as fans, to have our team come out like that we should be pissed....

That's really sad.

Are there any positives when it comes to defense? I mean, in a perfect world, is there something we could do in free agency to make us, well, not get beaten up by the Baltimore Ravens?

Before I'm called a troll, just look at what BB has done to address the defense in FA since our last super bowl. I don't think he has been succesful at his lone attempt since than (AT) at bringing in difference makers through FA. Bodden is probably his best find in quite some time for defense.

This year I thought he found a gem in McGowan, but that ended about after the titans game. I never before questioned Bill, but the guy simply does not bolster the defense like he needs to through FA.

Yeah lets just replenish with those draft picks, we have been doing do well in that dept... :rolleyes:

please, this team needs a major overhall.. and to hear Brady do his presser reminds me of Drew's presser... lazy fair...

Im ticked... and as fans, to have our team come out like that we should be pissed....

Ha :(

I didn't even want to touch the subject of him bringing in impactful rookies for the defense through the draft either.

But let me stress this, Tom Brady is still the best Qb this franchise has or ever will have... He will be back... To those people were screaming for Hoyer , shame on those people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back