PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pherein

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From the time it started to the end its been allot of fun. When we first chatted before the Saints game with New England to the end were we both hoped we would meet at the Super Bowl. It has been my privilege and honor to be allowed to speak on your board.

In person at the Saints and Patriots game I came to understand a truly loyal fan base with maturity, grace, and good sportsmanship. I understand now why Payton choose to emulate the Patriots team, but knew when we first chatted and met, we might try to emulate there fan base as well.

You have been nothing but good to us Saints fans and Im sure we can learn many things from you in the future.

My hope is that we have the right guy for the job with Payton and that we will meet many more times in the future to create a true rivalry based of friendship and good jeering. The colts fans were not that good, they pretty much thought we were trash, and no matter how many attempts we made at least to get a good thing going, they really did not want to talk to us much.

This is a forum that I have been aloud to speak my mind and now the season is done, I find it appropriate to not intrude on your post or post some more of my own, because this belongs to you true Patriots Fans.

All I can say is it has been a true blessing for us Saints Fans to post here and we deeply appreciate the time you have allowed us to be apart of your forum.

I wish you guys all the best for your families, endeavors , and future dreams

and thank you very much on congratulating us when ours came true

Who Dat .. Pat Fans Dats

thanks

pherein

Re: Its been Amazing

The Saints have had a tremendous year - the exhibition they put on against the Patriots was quite something - unstoppable.

Good luck going forward, who knows what next year holds, but you have an excellent coach in Payton, a great QB in Brees - those are the two major elements required to win the 'big one'.

Enjoy the off-season...whens the draft?

:D

I for one hope the Saints play the Patriots next year!

Even if we don't play each other, please stop in to say hi. Always enjoyed myself whenever I visited New Orleans. Great music, great food, and good people. Rooted for the Saints and thought they had a good chance against the Colts. When that pick six occured a whooped it up and couldn't wait for the game to end so I could run around the block screaming (which I did). Good luck next year.

From the time it started to the end its been allot of fun. When we first chatted before the Saints game with New England to the end were we both hoped we would meet at the Super Bowl. It has been my privilege and honor to be allowed to speak on your board.

In person at the Saints and Patriots game I came to understand a truly loyal fan base with maturity, grace, and good sportsmanship. I understand now why Payton choose to emulate the Patriots team, but knew when we first chatted and met, we might try to emulate there fan base as well.

You have been nothing but good to us Saints fans and Im sure we can learn many things from you in the future.

My hope is that we have the right guy for the job with Payton and that we will meet many more times in the future to create a true rivalry based of friendship and good jeering. The colts fans were not that good, they pretty much thought we were trash, and no matter how many attempts we made at least to get a good thing going, they really did not want to talk to us much.

This is a forum that I have been aloud to speak my mind and now the season is done, I find it appropriate to not intrude on your post or post some more of my own, because this belongs to you true Patriots Fans.

All I can say is it has been a true blessing for us Saints Fans to post here and we deeply appreciate the time you have allowed us to be apart of your forum.

Who Dat .. Pat Fans Dats

thanks

pherein

You are welcome back anytime. Congrats on the superbowl win. The Saints deserved it and thank you again for embarrassing Manning and the Colts. :rocker:

This is definitely a classy post indeed (I'm sure even washed up LT would agree.) The Saints had an absolutely monster year no doubt and even when it looked like the team was wavering, Payton rallied the troops and kicked them in the butt to play like he knew they could.

Also, to top it all off, the Saints beat not only Brett Favre but Peyton Manning in the playoffs. I'd love to be included as an honorary Saints fan from hear on out. Your club has won me over with your cool fans and clutch playoff play.

Stay classy buddy. Good luck to you and your team in the future (so long as it isn't against the Pats). :D

You are all-class, pherein. :)

Its been so much fun posting here, even when it got heated there was a level head, and I think you guys deserve allot off credit for that. True Super Bowl Champions we are starting to believe in New Orleans, is not measured by the trophy but by the spirit in which there fans carry themselves.

New England handles the weight better than anyone. You are a pleasure to play. I only hope we have given something back to you when we played.

When we won in 2001 ... I literally walked on air for at least a week. Not quite like the feeling of when I first became a dad ... but right darn behind it. :D Even better than the day I first had sex. :eek::eek::D

Glad to hear a fan living the dream all us fans long for.

Last edited:
Got any pics of the aftermath pherein?

When we won in 2001 ... I literally walked on air for at least a week. Not quite like the feeling of when I first became a dad ... but right darn behind it. :D Even better than the day I first had sex. :eek::eek::D

Well no wonder, at least you had someone to share the other experiences with :D

With a nod to the late, great Rodney Dangerfield.

Best non-Patriots Super Bowl, ever. Congrats on spanking the Polians and sending them home with their tails between their legs. :rocker:

Pherein you are a class act as a person, thats been clear since you first came on this board. As I've said before I wish you and everybody around you the very best. I know what its like right now after your team wins its first Superbowl, and I know the times too when the team you support is really bad.

Come back next season whether we meet or not. I'm sure even if our teams do not meet that we will have lots to talk about.

On the Saints I really do think they are going to contendors as long as Brees is there, and maybe even past that if Payton remains there.

Dude, you rock. Congrats.
I really enjoyed watching you guys beat indy.
Been a while since I enjoyed a SB as much as this one.

P.S. those photos are terriffic. Thanks.

Last edited:
Congrats on the win. My lord the first one is euphoric. 2001 was something special for us. 2004 was great because we were the best and there was no wavering doubt along the way that we were going to do it.

Good luck defending the title. There's nothing I'd like more than to knock you guys off in next year. Ofcourse beating Fav're would be bittersweet too. He's pretty freaking annoying.

Who Dat .. Pat Fans Dats

thanks

pherein

I never talked to you, but you're all class. You make me even more glad Payton beat Peyton. Cheers!

Pherein you are a class act as a person, thats been clear since you first came on this board. As I've said before I wish you and everybody around you the very best. I know what its like right now after your team wins its first Superbowl, and I know the times too when the team you support is really bad.

Come back next season whether we meet or not. I'm sure even if our teams do not meet that we will have lots to talk about.

On the Saints I really do think they are going to contendors as long as Brees is there, and maybe even past that if Payton remains there.

eagle eye , Ive so enjoyed our chat and stat attacks, and thou things must come to an end, we kind of have a new beginning next season and a new hope, and hope is what we both look forward too.

Cant say enough about the quality people of New England, they clearly deserve the 3 rings, they are what most fans should look at and use as an example in the NFL. Its funny that until we played our game we never realized how similar we both were. Good Sportsman.

If we make the playoffs next year I think we can safely say the Saints are on the right track. Im not worried about you guys,lol, I know BB , you made it there this year with rookies.

But as Payton said after the Super Bowl " My Carrier will not be defined by one win"

I think as you said we might be chatting again in a few months. I for one would love to see a Patriots VS Saints Super Bowl 3-4 times in the next few years. At least we both know how to have a good time, and would actually cross the field to shake the other guys hand at the end. EE its been more than a pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down