PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's almost guaranteed we trade down because of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible. Dallas at #27 is reported to be enamored of Iupati. Another team could trade up to get ahead of them, or Dallas could trade up to make sure they get him. Although Green Bay seems to need OT help more than OG, they could take Iupati at #23.

I think that realistically the earliest Iupati might go is Pittsburgh at 18. If he gets past there, he could go to Cincinnati at #21. Andre Smith and Iupati could be a heck of a left side to run behind. But if he slips to 22, I could see some teams wanting to trade up.

Iupati might be worth taking at 22 for the Pats, but it all depends who is still on the board. He certainly helped himself a lot this week.
Yeah if he makes it to 22 I can almost guarantee Dallas will trade up for him however other teams might be interested so we can hopefully swing a helluva a deal but thats if we don't take him.

Yeah if he makes it to 22 I can almost guarantee Dallas will trade up for him however other teams might be interested so we can hopefully swing a helluva a deal but thats if we don't take him.

depending on how the board shakes out..let's say for arguement sake McClain falls out of the top 10 which can happen. 12 picks away do u trade up for him or wait and see and see if Williams, Bulaga or Dunlap are available.

depending on how the board shakes out..let's say for arguement sake McClain falls out of the top 10 which can happen. 12 picks away do u trade up for him or wait and see and see if Williams, Bulaga or Dunlap are available.

Yes in a heartbeat. Depending on what happens with Wilfork, I would cough up our first this year and our first next year and go get McClain, depending on how McClain runs.

I also would not mind sending Mayo to San Fran straight up for a first in order to draft McClain. San Fran gets to team Mayo and Willis in the middle, which is a scary great combination and we get McClain; an upgrade over Mayo in our defense.

Last edited:
Yes in a heartbeat. Depending on what happens with Wilfork, I would cough up our first this year and our first next year and go get McClain, depending on how McClain runs.

I also would not mind sending Mayo to San Fran straight up for a first in order to draft McClain. San Fran gets to team Mayo and Willis in the middle, which is a scary great combination and we get McClain; an upgrade over Mayo in our defense.
That sounds like a DW Toys misstep on that trade.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey