Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's all political posturing to get "the edge"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Now Hillary comes out and says she would keep U.S. troops in Iraq until at least 2009. So, what's with her statements saying how bad Geo Bush's handling of Iraq?? She just wants to jump onto Bush's band-wagon then toss him under it, saying, "I can do a better job" (because I'm "smarter" or "[a] farter" ?? Not sure, the transimission was garbled at the end).

Anyway, here's more about Hillary's current position, but be advised, it may change according to wind conditions:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/03/15/clinton.troops/index.html
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yeah, politics is a game played exclusively by Democrats. After all, you say Dubya is a man of his convictions who tirelessly works for the good of the people and never plays politics.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

That's not the point. How many posts have we had the past few years accusing Republicans of doing what's best for themselves or their party and not the country (admittedly most of them were from NEM) . . . well it is done on both sides.

IMO 99% of all politicians suck. IMO there should be a lifetime term limit of 8 years for ANY political job. It was supposed to be a citizen's break from their real life to be a representative, not a lifelong job. Politicians suck, Democrats, Republicans, or anything in between.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Hey, you and I are in full agreement on everything you just wrote. It was Fogbuster who was saying that George Bush never lies for political gain.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

There are politics and then there are different politics. When it comes to the health of the nation and its standing in front of the world, I believe a U.S. politician owes the nation the benefit of the doubt. Hillary's fluctuations on Iraq, otoh, are purely for getting people to vote for her, nothing more and nothing less. It smacks noisily of the old liberal maxim: "I know better because I am smarter; do what I say, not as I do", which I find unacceptable.

Hillary's position is as stable as the shape of sand dunes on Wellfleet's beach, yet she wants to take it all out on Bush. She talks like she has the answers, but her only "answer" on Iraq is: "Bush is wrong". Meanwhile, she has adopted a "position" (at least at this moment) that mimic's Bush's plan. Theft, bait, and switch on Hillary's part.

If this is done between Senators to see who can get the most pork from the federal budget for their own state, I'd say "business as usual", and it would be relatively minor. But Hillary's playing games in front of the whole world. Don't think America's enemies are deaf or blind to what she is doing. She weakens America in front of the world.

//
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Couldn't be more true. Politicizing the Department of Justice is "different politics". Outing a covert CIA officer for revenge is "different politics". Putting a crony with virtually no emergency management experience in charge of FEMA is "different politics". Firing federal prosecutors for independancy is "different politics"

Get real.
  7. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I am real.

How about: Janet Reno handling of Waco and Elian Gonzalez, Webster Hubbell and all his Whitewater/Rose stuff, midnight pardons of people like Marc Rich, Donna Shalala. No politics there? Outing a covert helps the Admin how???

Yeah, you should get real.

//
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

AAB's no defender of Clinton so you're wasting your time barking up that tree. Your last question is laughable... her husband was a critic of the faulty intelligence used to go to war, and this was nothing but simple revenge.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

Amen. Oops, religious overtones. :eek:
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +307 / 4 / -2

I think that's the point though Fog, that they might not be identical to some people, but to most, they all scream of politics as usual.
  11. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't understand the premise of this thread. In 2003 HRC voted for giving the President the authority to use US troops to effect regime change in Iraq. Recently she's said that the job isn't done and that, if elected, she'll keep the troops there until at least 2009. Where's the flip/flop or 'posturing' as you called it Foggy? She seems kinda consistent to me. Wrong maybe, but still consistent:confused:

Its entirely possible for a person to believe in changing the government in Iraq and still think Bush is a fumbling dunderhead. He certainly doesn't own the idea the Saddam was bad. He just latched on to it.
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I guess you haven't heard Hillary go off on how Bush is "all wrong about Iraq," how America needs "a change in direction", how this country "deserves better", etc., etc, etc.

In other words: Hillary's just posturing for the sound bite, the photo op, to throw some red meat to her core constituency: the moveon.org extremists of the Dem Party. Michael Moore is in love with her (and food, too, it appears).

First she supported the move into Iraq. When things got tough, she attacked the Bush policy. Now she basically mimics the essential points of the Bush policy and re-labels it as her own. Theft, bait, and switch. Classic triangulation move.

//