PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's All Just Slipping Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimke

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
PatsFan24 may have been clairvoyant when he stated the above.

I believe the Pats will lose all their high profile free agents.

Before BB and Scott Pioli emerge from their bunker, all the decent kickers and wide receivers will be long gone.

Look at the free agent kicker signings to date.

Don't be so gloom, remember in Bill we trust.

It's impossible for me to comprehend what goes on in people's minds. Some people have learned absolutely NOTHING in the last 6 years.

Pats67 said:
It's impossible for me to comprehend what goes on in people's minds. Some people have learned absolutely NOTHING in the last 6 years.
Could not agree more. What will it take before people trust this organization?

Boy this was an original thread.

Can we create a new board for this crap?

What a joke.

Jimke said:

Before BB and Scott Pioli emerge from their bunker, all the decent kickers and wide receivers will be long gone.

I guess this board is not getting a whole lot of free agent talent either...... Thanks for stopping by Chicken Little!

So with that type of thinking in mind, should we all become Vikings fans?

In Bill We Trust.

BradyisGod said:
Boy this was an original thread.

Can we create a new board for this crap?

What a joke.
Wassamatter, bad hangover? :bricks:
How many threads are based on regurgitated info/thoughts on a forum like this (and it's a good forum).

I hate to see us losing good players but thats the nature of the beast. We just need to hope that the Pats can find more draft gems like givens and more free agent finds like Mike Vrabel and Stephen Neal. Maybe the long offseason will help the front office in this regards.

Pats67 said:

To answer your question.
You seem to have no doubts whatsoever. Somehow BB/SP will waive their
magic wann and evrything will be OK.

Yes, they will probably get it done ... no reason to believe otherwise but from
where we sit as fans it is hard to see the plan.

So naturally if you are the type that just feels comfortable saying,
"I dont know how but I just trust in BB/SP ... they'll make magic happen",
then threads like this makes no sense and you just can not
"comprehend what goes on in people's minds".

Others wonder how it will work out? People are different.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Wassamatter, bad hangover? :bricks:
How many threads are based on regurgitated info/thoughts on a forum like this (and it's a good forum).

Nah, just had about enough of these posts. Especially when they say the same thing over and over.

JR4 said:
To answer your question.

There's a difference between "wondering" how it will work out, and declaring as a certainty that "it's all just slipping away".

Jimke said:

You are so right. BB & Scott are just sitting back in their easy chairs watching the team "slip away".

They have no track record for success. They have no plan. They are just resting on their accomplishments that they were lucky to have beeen at the right palce at teh right time.

If they have a plan, why don't they just share it with us posters on this board. Seems that is the least that they could do.

It really upsets me that they don't care about our anxieties.

BradyisGod said:
There's a difference between "wondering" how it will work out, and declaring as a certainty that "it's all just slipping away".

True, but it is an emotional expression of the uncertainty of the situation,
perhaps after thinking about it and not being able to see how it will
all work out.

JR4 said:
To answer your question.

That's true. Some people ARE different. Some people are reasonable and logical, as well as patient and mature, and understand that March isn't September, and also understand that the Patriots have one of the best FO's in the league, as demonstrated by their unprescedented success. Other people, however, clearly don't.

Whether you "see the plan" is irrelevent. It has nothing to do with anything. I don't "see the plan" either. I never have. You never have either, if you want to be honest. None of us have.

But after six years, I can be confident there IS a plan. And that plan, whatever it is, is more than likely one of the very best in the NFL. Don't you think? Hasn't that been proven to you yet?

I think its funny that you acknowledge that you have "no reason to believe otherwise" in the same post that you "wonder how it will all work out". Well, let me tell you how it will work out. They'll do business based on their model, and in September, they'll field one of the best teams in the National Football League. They'll have as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl, and probably better than most. THAT'S how it will all work out. I'd suggest that as fans, we've got a far better deal here than just about anywhere. We don't have a right on earth to expect anything more.

Or maybe you'd prefer the mentality that predicts in March that a Vinatieri-less Patriots will lose the division to the Dolphins in a December game as a result of a Paul Edinger missed field goal. If you prefer that mentality, then fret away.

Last edited:
JR4 said:
True, but it is an emotional expression of the uncertainty of the situation,
perhaps after thinking about it and not being able to see how it will
all work out.

Wow. :( Think I'm gonna dress all in black, swing by Starbucks for one of my skinny mocha latte's, put on some Emo music, get out the single edge and start cutting. :bricks:

JR4 said:
To answer your question.

Pats67 said:
That's true. Some people ARE different. Some people are reasonable and logical, as well as patient and mature, and understand that March isn't September, and also understand that the Patriots have one of the best FO's in the league, as demonstrated by their unprescedented success. Other people, however, clearly don't.

Whether you "see the plan" is irrelevent. It has nothing to do with anything. I don't "see the plan" either. I never have. You never have either, if you want to be honest. None of us have.

But after six years, I can be confident there IS a plan. And that plan, whatever it is, is more than likely one of the very best in the NFL. Don't you think? Hasn't that been proven to you yet?

I think its funny that you acknowledge that you have "no reason to believe otherwise" in the same post that you "wonder how it will all work out". Well, let me tell you how it will work out. They'll do business based on their model, and in September, they'll field one of the best teams in the National Football League. They'll have as good a chance as anyone to win the Super Bowl, and probably better than most. THAT'S how it will all work out. I'd suggest that as fans, we've got a far better deal here than just about anywhere. We don't have a right on earth to expect anything more.

Or maybe you'd prefer the mentality that predicts in March that a Vinatieri-less Patriots will lose the division to the Dolphins in a December game as a result of a Paul Edinger missed field goal. If you prefer that mentality, then fret away.
JR4 - "Others wonder how it will work out? People are different." - the stuff of which message boards are made, obviously. A lot of interesting and sometimes thought-provoking different slants on things. Jimke's main thesis, however, was "It's All Just Slipping Away". That is just a little too pretentious to assume that it is valid to directly imply that Belichick and Pioli are failing this year. Jimke would have had a lot more credible post if he had acknowledged that Belichick and Pioli have succeeded in winning 3 superbowls with this approach - but wondered if it will work this year.

I have been amused year after year by those who want to sign many top level free agents, sign all our own and cry "we are all done" after one day of free agency. People can have whatever irrational, emotional responses they want. And they can share them here. That doesn't make the responses in any way rational.

HOWEVER, it is NOT reasonable to believe that the best Management Team in the league will fail anytime soon, and certainly not because they don't do what we fans want them to do.

For some the answer is always "In Bill We Trust" If that's always the right answer, then we have little to discuss on this board.

Sure, it make sense to speculate and question and disagree with decisions made and to argue among ourselves and to predict, but the bottom line is that we have the best team making these decisions, AND we are the midst of the best decade (2000-2009) by a team ever (as of now there are 0-4 dynasties to compare us to depending on who is counting.

arrellbee said:
JR4 - "Others wonder how it will work out? People are different." - the stuff of which message boards are made, obviously. A lot of interesting and sometimes thought-provoking different slants on things. Jimke's main thesis, however, was "It's All Just Slipping Away". That is just a little too pretentious to assume that it is valid to directly imply that Belichick and Pioli are failing this year. Jimke would have had a lot more credible post if he had acknowledged that Belichick and Pioli have succeeded in winning 3 superbowls with this approach - but wondered if it will work this year.

mgteich said:
For some the answer is always "In Bill We Trust" If that's always the right answer, then we have little to discuss on this board.

One can have faith in Patriots fornt office and indeed support BB 100%. But that faith needn't be totally blind nor does it mean we wont be looking at things from all angles on this board. :wha:

Jimke said:

Jinke -
Should I dub thee a part of the "Chicken Little" Club? Seriously man. How long have you been following the Patriots? If you had followed them for any length of time, you'd know that the Patriots, under BB and Pioli, RARELY if EVER sign any free agent other than their own during the first few days of Free Agency. They let all the other teams shoot their wads and over-pay for players, then come in and get quality veterans.

Now, granted, it didn't work out like that last year, but the situation was extremely different. The Pats have very limited amounts of cap space last year and had to focus on Seymour and Rodney. Not to mention that the picking were pretty slim beyond the Big names (many of which ended up hurt last season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes