Welcome to PatsFans.com

It's a bird ... no its a plane ... no it's KLECKO!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTS-80, Jul 28, 2006.

1. PATRIOTS-80

PATRIOTS-80 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Reiss' take on the OLB position. Look at what position Klecko lined up at camp. And Ray Clay was worried we have done nothing to shore up the LB corps. LOL

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

"OUTLOOK: The free-agent departure of McGinest has shaken up the top of the depth chart at outside linebacker, where Vrabel should return after playing inside for much of 2005. Vrabel and Colvin are clear-cut starters, with both capable of protecting the all-important perimeter of the field against big, strong offensive tackles and tight ends. Both can bring it with the pass rush as well, which is important from the outside linebacker spot. The primary roster competition here looks to be with the depth positions, one of which was occupied by Matt Chatham (now with the Jets) in 2005. Banta-Cain, who hasn’t started a game in three seasons, looks to be the No. 3 option. He should make the roster, contributing on special teams and in more obvious passing situations. Klecko and Mincey would then fall into the next group, competing for the fourth and possible fifth spots on the depth chart. Klecko previously tried the middle linebacker spot, but was used more on the outside in June's minicamp. Woods appears to have some potential and could be a candidate for the practice squad.

QUOTE OF NOTE (from TBC): “I played a lot more defense my first and second year than I've played [my third year]. But [in 2005] I had an injury at the beginning of the season. So, that kind of hindered me a bit. Now I'm just at a point where I'm trying to play consistent ball wherever they put me. I'm still learning, still trying to get better. I keep a positive outlook on it. Would I like to be playing more than I'm playing right now? Of course. But whatever is best for the team, I have to do it. Hopefully [in 2006], I'll play a bigger role..." -- Tully Banta-Cain (Boston.com Patriots Mailbag, Dec. 13, 2005)"

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  2. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

(extra quiet so nobody can hear)

Go Klecko!