PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's 4:40 am and a long wait ahead....let's get this party started

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
You've got to love playoff time. All it took was my wife coughing to wake me up and the realization that it's game day makes sure I can't get back to sleep. I've got the butterflies in my stomach and that twitch in my leg telling me I'm ready to go. That's why I didn't want the 8 o'clock game, one hell of a long wait today. I'll drag out loading the truck so as to take as much time as possible then around 2:45 I'll head out to pick up my buddies and head up to Foxboro. Once I'm in the truck the waiting is bearable since it feels like the day has begun. I have sympathy for those that have 4+ hour drives to get here. It would drive me crazy. From the time I pick up my friends in Seekonk (I'm in RI) it takes about 45 minutes to get in the lot. I must say that having this board makes it easaier since I don't think my family or friends would want me calling to talk football this early in the morning. Since I can't yell and wake up my family I can do it here. C'mon people! I want to hear some noise!:D

i'm going now to supermarket and buy chips,coca cola,beer,biscuits,etc etc.

for me it will be a LONG NIGHT

Pats-Jax will start for me at h 02,00 sunday morning but I WILL BE IN FRONT ON MY TV as the game will be showed ALIVE on Sky (good !).

I will go to bed (i hope happy) at approx h 05,00 sunday...

yes...NOISE

it is the day !!!

GO PATS !!!

NFL CHAMPS !!!

AVANTI PATRIOTI !!!

Last edited:
PatsRI: Wish I could be at the game. I will be watching at home here in Pittsburgh. I started my countdown about last wednesday. I kept telling my wife.."alright..the Pats are playing saturday night". She keeps saying."yeah..I know, you have told me a few hundred times already".

I want to hear the fans from the stadium...Make a lot of noise.

tdw777 said:
PatsRI: Wish I could be at the game. I will be watching at home here in Pittsburgh. I started my countdown about last wednesday. I kept telling my wife.."alright..the Pats are playing saturday night". She keeps saying."yeah..I know, you have told me a few hundred times already".

I want to hear the fans from the stadium...Make a lot of noise.

My brother, who used to go to all the games with me, moved down to Pit in 04. He does PhD work at UPitt, bought a house last summer and someone stole his Pats flag off his porch. Must be hard to be in Squeelerville and be a Pats fan.

PatsRI said:
My brother, who used to go to all the games with me, moved down to Pit in 04. He does PhD work at UPitt, bought a house last summer and someone stole his Pats flag off his porch. Must be hard to be in Squeelerville and be a Pats fan.

I have met a few Pats fans out here...mostly transplants from MA and RI area. I'm from north central MA and have been here about 9 years. I went to the halloween game last year and the reg. season game here last Sept. I also made the trek up to Buffalo last month. A lot of Pats fans at that game and got to tailgate with the Murphys guys.

My brother went to that Halloween debacle too. I went down this summer and we popped over to the Hall of Fame in Canton. Also went up the Washington Incline and took some picture of Heinz to commemorate where the Pats won 2 AFC Championships.:D

Haven't been to the HOF yet. Been up the incline many times. We always take our out-of-town guest up Mt. Washington which is an awsome view ..especially at night. Didn't get to go the AFCC game last year...had to watched it from home. I did however get to collect on a few bets on that game. Also saw Pats one time in the old Three Rivers stadium back around 97 or so. Pete Carroll was coach.

Since the Bengals won the division, the Pats go to Cincy next year. I'm thinking of trying to make that game.

Hey, I'm with ya all - up at 5:30, nervous twitching going on... I feel confidant, just hate the wait. Not even a hint of daylight yet out here in Colt land. Speaking of Colts, it was my birthday yesterday, my co-workers got me a B Day cake trimmed in Colts Blue with "Go Colts" on it - can you imagine that?? I looked at it in mock horror and picked up a knife and playfully stabbed the "Go Colts" part. They all got a big kick out of it - of course, I vowed revenge at a time and place of my choosing....:)

Anyway, long wait today, but it will be worth it....Pats 27, Jags 13

You should have told them it would have been more appropriate to get you cupcakes if they wanted to represent the Colts;)

Getting closer...I'll be heading down by 3:30!

Woke up at 3:30, thinking about the Pats. I always wonder what goes on in Brady's head before a big game, does he sleep, how does he and the rest of the team get prepared mentally? Hate late games, particularly as I am travelling in the AM and have to be at the Airport by 5:00 AM.

I remember the first superbowl, and could not help thinking about Brady what has to be going on in that kids head? One thing I respect about our team is their focus and preparedness for this meeting and future ones.

i feel the Tom Brady has slept normally today

i have the feeling that he is THE BEST in these situations (play-offs)

i would like to see other players in the same situation (perhaps they do not close one eye in the bed...)

leaving here at 11AM to head for foxboro

will be at the gates at 4PM sharp

READY TO MAKE SOME NOISE!

PatsWorldChamps said:
leaving here at 11AM to head for foxboro

will be at the gates at 4PM sharp

READY TO MAKE SOME NOISE!

5 hour drive? Were are you coming from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes