Welcome to PatsFans.com

Its 130 degrees in Austrailia?????

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Bureau Of Meteorology Weather Chart | Deep Purple

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? I played golf in Vegas once when it was 114, I could hear my heartbeat in my skull....can't imagine another 15degrees....jeez..

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  2. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What's amazing is the 35 degree C shift over just 5 degrees latitude. That's an incredibly tight thermopleth gradient!

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Al Kaprelian just shat his pants ^^^^

5. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

I get confused on this all the time. So is it climate change when it's hot or is that global warming. It's all so confusing, I miss weather when weather was weather not whether you believe whether or not it's weather.
    I think?

6. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,161 / 5 / -19

#61 Jersey

Climate change can mean unusually hot, unusually cold, unusually wet, windy, stormy ... or anything else unusual. What seals the deal is repeated trend.

7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Law of averages and in China they have record cold ... a lose - lose for extremes.

8. OMGWTFJUDD

OMGWTFJUDD Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All I know is that it's EFFING HOT DUDE.

I'm spending so much time with my aircon I decided to make an honest woman of her.

She's Japanese, white (curiously), her names Fujistu and she gives me what I need.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

But does she give you what you need, when you need it and how you need it consistently?

If so, she's a keeper!

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

This is a record hot year in the US, and I think the second hottest worldwide, but big business and their conservative lackies don't seem to care much about global warming. After all, addressing it will interfere with the profits of the wealthy and the developed nations are better situated to handle the devastation that global warming may cause. I find it ironic that conservatives often complain about leaving the national debt to our children, but don't seem to care much about leaving them a scorched earth. The reality is that our temperatures are increasing at a pace not seen before, but for some reason conservatives cling to the arguments of the small number of scientists who are global warming deniers. I suppose that same sort of ignorance existed when Galileo said the sun was center of the solar system and the conservative powers insisted he was wrong.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  11. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Maybe we can arm Austrailia with a bunch of bushmasters so it can protect itself from the heat...

Though I agree with virtually everything Patters wrote, I wasn't intending the thread to be about the dumbest debate of all time, I was pointing out that over the next few days/weeks, we MIGHT probably see an all time hottest temp on our planet. F-ing crazy.

lets keep an eye on this story

12. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Please don't take this post to mean something more than it does; this isn't meant to deny MMGW or to say 135 F isn't hot (cuz holy hell is that hot).

But 110 F plus temps in a desert (which, if you compare the map of Ozzy Climate zones to the weather map from HD's post, is exactly where the temps are occurring) isn't that surprising is it?

Again, not saying 135 isnt hot. Just trying to level set. I mean if someone came to me and said "holy crap, it was 135 in Boston" I would prolly think the world was ending. However if someone said "holy crap, it was 135 in Vegas/Phoenix" it would be more of well "it's in a desert right?"?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]