Welcome to PatsFans.com

ITEM - Cairo Speech Playing Out in Tehran? ELEANAWR???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jun 22, 2009.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's pretty awe inspiring what we are seeing.

We saw the people here in the US, demand less war, and through out the war party. And it's happening all over the world.

I am surprised to see this, the powers that be must be shaking their heads wondering how they tlet slip the opportunitty to print all this wealth and funnel more money and power into their hands, while the people rode up around the world, cross cultures, and cross borders to say, we are sick of war.
  3. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Re-writing the narrative already, ehhh. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

The current situation in Iran started a MINIMUM of 11 years ago. Ignorance of history is NOT a virtue.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

When will Obama end our wars.

Remember
    YES WE CAN
  5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Righhhhht. So there were some protests in the late 90s and what? They flowered into full bloom as neocons made an enemy of Iran, early and often, talking big and carrying no stick...?

Noooo, the last 8 years they had the ready-made enemy to blame, and blame they did. Now? They don't dare blame the US, their people have seen and connected with our new international stance and our new internationalist president. And the proof is in the pudding: He does not insert the US militarily. He challenges the people, region-wide, to challenge their extremists. He takes others seriously, and challenges them to do the same. And the people realize: it's the leaders that have been effing us.

Who's going to realize that with a gun to their heads? Answer, per the "bush doctrine"? NOBODY.

The "Bush Doctrine" is basically, "We're fu(king AMERICA so get the FU(K out of the WAY."

Real good for red-meat red-state rallies. In capitals like Tehran, not so much.

All we needed to do was what Obama has done. But your boys couldn't hack it.

PFnV
  6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Deprive the Theo-cons of their boogeyman. Watch world change.
  7. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It's amazing that people still don't get it.
  8. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Lets return to reality:

Obama's Iran policy is a bomb

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Rule 1: You become a great leader by making people WANT to follow you. Not by making threats and bullying.

Obama's approach is a breath of fresh air, and EXACTLY what his supporters hoped for when we voted for him.

11 years ago????? try 111 years ago.... And really all of the unrest in that area is flamed by external interference. These people want a dialog with the west, and to be able to make their own choices.

Obama's speech is a substantial event in the reversing of perception of the views of Muslims towards treh United States.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  10. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Well put Diver.

I think it's no coincidence that Theocon leaders must demand respect, as GW was constantly demanding: "We're freakin America now GET IN LINE!!!"

Leadership consists of commanding respect.

That's something that happens because you are consistent in your principles. You don't "demand" of someone what you yourself can't or won't do. Respect comes from a relationship of equals, in which one equal demonstrates what the other equal admires.

It does not come from insisting on the inferiority and backwardness of the other, and therefore expecting behaviors of the other that you would consider senseless, were you in their shoes.

PFnV
  11. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You guys do realize that your celebrating nothing. I must have misinterpted that speech, I guess what he really said was, "we're gonna hang back and wait till something shakes out, cuz we're afraid to piss somebody off, anybody for that matter."
    Neocons, great buzz word, let's cobble that into our arguement.
  12. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Bitter bitter bitter!

LOL... Alvin, Alvin, Alvin. How is our President simultaneously so inspiring to the majority of Americans, and to the majority of the world, and yet so positively without substance in the eyes of the American right?

Oh that's right. The American right believes that GW Bush is a geopolitical genius...

All over now, Alvin. See you guys in 8 years.

Luv ya,

PFnV
  13. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually, his approval rating is falling steadily. I'm not looking to be inspired, I can find my own solice in exhistance and relevant security in my relationship to ye olde rock. Oh, and my names not Alvin. Would you be able to sleep at night when your old and tired, know that GW managed to forge out Democracy in Iraq. What a legacy that would be. Why is it you believe Barry is fostering democracy in Iran, our supreme leader.
  14. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +282 / 5 / -8

Not quite sure what "ye olde rock" is, but I'm sure it's either something religious or something to do w/Woodstock. Whatever dude. I don't really care where you find inspiration for your "exhistance and relevant security," whatever that is.

Alvin, I'm just going to call you Alvin for short, until you decide to change your name to something ohhhh I dunno, OTHER THAN ALVIN.

As to the rousing success of GW Bush's regime, I refer you to the fact that both parties spent the early part of the 08 campaign arguing about how bad his foreign policy was, until we got around to arguing at the end who would be able to be less like him in economic policy.

Bush's epic - nay, legendary - fail cannot be denied.

Obama's popularity at the time of his election was never likely to maintain at the same level as at that time, but I also don't think we'll see the troughs we experienced under the last silly twit the fringe right foisted on us.

But you know all that. As I said, see you in 8 years... if you change enough, you may be relevant then.

Best of luck with that, Al :D

:singing::singing::singing:

PFnV
  15. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

8 yrs. seems like a long time.
  16. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obama has a Muslim past? I thought that was racist to bring up?

Since when could we start using Hussein?
  17. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Cognitive incoherence

If there's a "Muslim world" does there mean there's also a "Christian world"?

If the President's Cairo speech helped usher into the Near East an era of good feelings and increased democracy, why wouldn't continued speaking be of help? How can the President's reticence be applauded when one is simultaneously applauding his Cairo speech?

I find the President's Cairo speech to be deeply morally flawed by his "on the other hand," equating the Shoah with the Palestinian plight, largely brought on themselves after 47 years.

I think Obama's supineness in regards to Iran is his university cafeteria thinking about the CIA helping to foster a coup in Iran during the Mossadegh regime in 1953. As the great Dr. Thomas Sowell has said of the President, he is the newest candidate with the oldest ideas.

Still stuck in the car fin era.

HT: Hugh Hewitt Interviews Mark Steyn on Obama's Cairo Speech