"It would make a nice story if..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

We see & hear these words all the time when a tragedy strikes a team and writers try to make something real that isn't. Take the Washington Redskins and the the death of Sean Taylor for the most recent example. Of course the media should cover such a story, but it's not their responsibility to drum up another "It would make a nice story if this spurred the Redskins on to vicotry!" story. I think these things are so fairy tale-ish it's ridiculous. Who would it be a nice story for? Why is it a nice story? Does having a team mate die entitile a team to championships?

Sean Taylor's story immediately reminded me of the 2005 season when Dungy's son committed suicide. Right away the "It would make a nice story if..." started up across the country. Guess what? To me it would NOT have made a nice story.

Damn, writers and commentators almost act as if God is immediately on the side of any team that endure's tragedy. that some magical power will fill each player with skills he has never had and the team will slay all the others. I doubt God cares much for which teams win in professional sports and having a team mate die does not make all the remaining players martyrs.

I guess I was board, so thanks for letting me get that off my chest!;)

For the media this year it would make a nice story if [insert any team] beats the Pats.

The "good doctor in sky" made it possible for TO to play against the Pats in the Super Bowl, remember? He must be a Philly fan.

Last edited:
The worst was when after 9/11 people started saying that everyone should start cheering for the Yankees. WTF does one have to do with the other?

No one cheers for us because Marquise Hill lost his life trying to save someone. Typical medial BS.

For the media this year it would make a nice story if [insert any team] beats the Pats.

The "good doctor in sky" made it possible for TO to play against the Pats in the Super Bowl, remember? He must be a Philly fan.

To Disco, Amen brother! You're right-on with that one! And to that I say, "Why would it make a nice story?" Seriously, why is any story any nicer than the other?

jbb9s, What a miracle that was! It was like he just stood up and walked...threw away his crutches and everything!:rolleyes:

The worst was when after 9/11 people started saying that everyone should start cheering for the Yankees. WTF does one have to do with the other?

No one cheers for us because Marquise Hill lost his life trying to save someone. Typical medial BS.

The Yankees example of the "nice story" epidemic was the worst! I hated them no less due to 9/11 and I'm quite sure no Red Sox fan felt any different.

We see & hear these words all the time when a tragedy strikes a team and writers try to make something real that isn't. Take the Washington Redskins and the the death of Sean Taylor for the most recent example. Of course the media should cover such a story, but it's not their responsibility to drum up another "It would make a nice story if this spurred the Redskins on to vicotry!" story. I think these things are so fairy tale-ish it's ridiculous. Who would it be a nice story for? Why is it a nice story? Does having a team mate die entitile a team to championships?

Sean Taylor's story immediately reminded me of the 2005 season when Dungy's son committed suicide. Right away the "It would make a nice story if..." started up across the country. Guess what? To me it would NOT have made a nice story.

Damn, writers and commentators almost act as if God is immediately on the side of any team that endure's tragedy. that some magical power will fill each player with skills he has never had and the team will slay all the others. I doubt God cares much for which teams win in professional sports and having a team mate die does not make all the remaining players martyrs.

I guess I was board, so thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

bang_the_drum_slowly.jpg

2.jpg

51005DN9M4L._AA280_.jpg

KnuteRockneGippDeath.jpg

Maybe the Celtics can beat the Pats........in basketball! Just maybe though.

Anyway, I agree. There are no angels in the outfield or gridiron or any other sports setting.

"It would make a nice story if the Chargers win it all this year"

After all the tears LT has shed since their divisional playoff loss to the Pats last year, don't they deserve it? This time he could cry tears of joy on national television...how touching that would be!

It would make such a nice story because LT is so classy...at least that's what he tells us.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back