PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It would be nice to have a direct link to article on patsfans

neuronet

Homer Little
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There should be a direct link to the promoted Patsfan.com article on the forum home page. For instance, right now it says:

Right Now At PatsFans.com: - HOME
A Different Game
With Moss gone, this game should be different.

But the only link there is to 'Home' which takes you to a splash page, not the article 'A different game'. Why is that? It's annoying to have to go to a splash page then click to the article. I never do it. I'd rather write a post complaining, and make seventy clicks in the process. than do the two clicks required to see the article.

Just saying, basic web design principle: don't make me work.

Edit: It's worse than I thought. I finally just clicked to home. Home page: title says 'A different game', but no link with that either. So, where is the article we are supposed to be directed to with this 'A different game'? Now you want me to search around looking for the content associated with that title? Or is there none, is it just the most recent title of the Patsfans.com home page, with no associated article?

Oh, thanks for this site it's a great forum for people like me.

:)

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the confusion is because there is no "A Different Game" article. That's just a very brief summary of the next event, the Pats versus the Jets.

On the home page in that same box are direct links to the three most recent articles. An expanded list of the nine most recent articles, with direct links to those articles, can be found in the box directly to the right with the blue background and white lettering. What's listed on the forum page is just a re-listing of what is on the home page.

But I do agree, the headline does give readers the mistaken impression that there is "A Different Game" article available.

What's with the old articles on baseball and spikes on the front page of the forum? Put up something new, that's old news and barely interesting at this point.

What's with the old articles on baseball and spikes on the front page of the forum? Put up something new, that's old news and barely interesting at this point.
I noticed that earlier this week too. They're automatically generated, obviously a snafu with the software that does that. What you should see is the two most recent articles; obviously that's not the case right now. There were also some issues with articles being posted and the accompanying new thread Sunday and Monday. Being worked on, will hopefully be resolved soon.

I noticed that earlier this week too. They're automatically generated, obviously a snafu with the software that does that. What you should see is the two most recent articles; obviously that's not the case right now. There were also some issues with articles being posted and the accompanying new thread Sunday and Monday. Being worked on, will hopefully be resolved soon.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back