PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It was a plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveDemPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to be laughed at here but I am going with it anyway. Think about it in a different way for a minute. What would be a really great thing for BB in terms of game time coaching? (Especially since he is a rather revered Defensive coach.)

I say that he would actually give up quite a bit in order to be able to talk to his on-field general (be it the middle linebacker, or the safety, or whomever.) He wants that helmet communication system for his leader on defense. He wants to be able to correct problems on the fly. He feels that his ability to see the problems that will occur is a very valuable asset that is not being used to its full degree.

Could this be why they were so obvious with the cameraman? Maybe.

I have a feeling that it will take the league a long time to enact this change if ever since they want an offensive, high scoreing game everytime.

And, the change won't come until way after Bill retires probably.

I think that he will be around for a while, and I think that this wild set of events will actually force this change. Goodell will feel compelled to ask for ways to make the issue moot, and com units for the defence will be the answer.

Yes there will be some fall out. And yes we all feel aweful about being labeled cheats. But, the game has all kinds of holes were cheating occurs. It is rather interesting watching all the sharks circle during this event. But, I really think that this may be a somewhat calculated move. When ever BB tries to get something passed through the competition commitee he is squashed it seems. I have a feeling that the pats are simply saying, "if we can get this passed, we will be sitting really pretty for a while, so lets take our lumps and just blatently stand out there with a freak'n film crew."

Anyway, that is my newby contribution. It seems to make my head stop aching a little.

(ps. other folks have certainly talked about the radio for defence, but I don't think that anyone has actually said that it is the impetis.)

Last edited:
I thought about this. There had to be a reason he had it going on so brazenly. There is no way that any sane person would have allowed what went on after being called out on it several times in the past and officially warned. No way, especially with the ultra-secretive stuff the Patriots do in every other matter and the fact that the signal stealing just doesn't seem particularly effective for the large amount of risk. There has to be another level to it; was he screwing with other teams, was he calling the league out on not allowing a defensive headset? Who knows, but I lean towards this explanation over a purely "oh he's so arrogant approach," although that's a possibility, of course.

Exactly.

These guys are way too careful.

It just seems so wierd right?

I think that all of us are in this freak'n twilight zone because it is as if we all of a sudden got Barry Switzer as coach or something.

No, it wasn't a plan. It was arrogance and stupidity of the highest order.
Wrongful as it is, all Patriots wins under Belichick come into question.
We'll have to hear that forever.

Dazed, confused, somewhat embarassed..none of this makes any sense to me.. keep hoping that somewhere there is some type of explanation that makes some sense, does not need to be logical.. just needs to make some sense.

Lets see who was on the Jets coaching staff

Brian Daboll

Bryan Cox

Rick Lyle

And of course, Mangenius...

All ex Pats coach and or players who know the Patriot way, so something must be behind the scene's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes