PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It still hasn't hit me Welker is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though I was the biggest Wes Welker fan on here, Ivan, but you take the cake.

I can't even come close to mustering up your ability to create from whole cloth some imaginary chorus of Welker-haters that you claim to see and hear, with voices coming from behind every tree who are blaming him for every loss and saying he was some ingrateful money-grubber trying to destroy the franchise.

news flash: No significant number of people here think anything of the sort.

It's sad to see him go. My favorite Pats player. Gone forever.

It's a really tough business sometimes.

That's my fault, i created dozens and dozens of other usernames and called him too small, too slow, a system WR who is only good because of Brady, too greedy, a WR with bad hands who led the league in drops and cost them two super bowls........etc etc...... had i not manufactured all those claims on my own we wouldn't have that perception out there. Welker was just too sucky and too greedy, his fault, I am now off to burn his jersey and stick pins into his bobblehead. Later.

We are doomed without Welker !! He was the system!!

Not SRS.

dozens and dozens of other usernames

links?

called him too small, too slow, a system WR who is only good because of Brady, too greedy, a WR with bad hands

put down the pipe

who led the league in drops and cost them two super bowls

I do remember excess focus on the drops, but the whiners always come out after a loss

Welker was just too sucky and too greedy, his fault, I am now off to burn his jersey and stick pins into his bobblehead.

You need help.

You've created boogiemen that don't exist, at least in the proportions you think that they exist.

I can't remember a more widespread-felt sadness/regret following the loss of ANY past Pats free agent.

Welker will be remembered fondly, and we can all hope that "plan B" Amendola can at least pick up some of the slack.

I've well absorbed it and accepted it, and moved on. Remember, the PATS won 3 Super Bowls without Welker. So, I think they'll do just fine. I said this of Moss when they traded him off and people just couldn't believe it. If the PATS had won at least 1 Super Bowl with Welker on the team, they'd be more willing to keep him.

links?

put down the pipe

I do remember excess focus on the drops, but the whiners always come out after a loss

You need help.

You've created boogiemen that don't exist, at least in the proportions you think that they exist.

I can't remember a more widespread-felt sadness/regret following the loss of ANY past Pats free agent.

Welker will be remembered fondly, and we can all hope that "plan B" Amendola can at least pick up some of the slack.

Go look at all the get rid of Welker threads, i'm not going to do the work for you.

Welker will be fondly remembered by a good percentage of patriot fans but another good percentage will boo him when he comes here and have talked a steady stream of sh.t about him for almost 2 years.

Go look at all the get rid of Welker threads, i'm not going to do the work for you.

Welker will be fondly remembered by a good percentage of patriot fans but another good percentage will boo him when he comes here and have talked a steady stream of sh.t about him for almost 2 years.

I really think the "Welker Sucks" crowd is a vocal minority (and an extreme minority). I think you've taken their absurdity and blended it in your mind with those of us who are sad to see him go, but don't instantly blame the team 100% for what happened. It's possible to wish he was here but react to it by moving on and focusing on how the team can improve in his absence.

I really think the "Welker Sucks" crowd is a vocal minority (and an extreme minority). I think you've taken their absurdity and blended it in your mind with those of us who are sad to see him go, but don't instantly blame the team 100% for what happened. It's possible to wish he was here but react to it by moving on and focusing on how the team can improve in his absence.

I actually have moved on and my focus is more about next year's team at this point,but I'm still not going to ignore it when the haters start thread after thread to take more shots at him, such as Patsfanken calling him "greedy" etc. I have never started a thread about it and once they stop doing so i won't have anything more to say about it.

I don't blend the haters with those who are sorry to go, i know the difference and respect those who are sorry to see him, i just have zero respect for the douchebags who spent the last couple of years crapping on him.

i definitely put the blame on the patriots but could actually see a logical argument being made for the transition to Amendola. not the arguments floated that he would be better but that he could replace a significant amount of production and lock Brady in with a younger slot receiver who could be here for the remainder of his career. I also think there is a logical argument to be made that Welker is going to start paying the price for the beating he has been taking within a couple of years, and that they were concerned they wouldn't be set up to fill his shoes if they didn't take action now, however those weren't the arguments made by those who wanted him gone, instead they made really derogatory remarks about him as a player and claimed they would be better without him and that he was asking for too much, all of which are clearly untrue. I had very reasonable discussions with people like Supafly about things like this, but as i said i took big issue with those blaming him for their SB failures and making bullsh.t claims about his success being only a result of Brady and not welker's hard work and talent.

As I said before I am over it and once the douchebags shut their pieholes and stop taking shots at him i won't be talking about it any more.

As I said before I am over it and once the douchebags shut their pieholes and stop taking shots at him i won't be talking about it any more.

douchebags? Yeah, hunh....

... bad losers ....

I only see a lot more more "Patriots are cheap threads" and "Kraft is a terrible owner" threads and "Belichick has lost his mojo" threads (which will multiply like rabbits when the draft comes around).

You arguing that there is a significant "I hate Wes and always have" contingent, beyond a tiny but vocal minority (some egged on by your posting style), is like going back to 2008 and pulling up a few idiotic "Trade Brady, Keep Cassel" threads and concluding that a significant percentage of Patriots fans wanted to send Tom Brady packing.

It just is not a reality-based perception.

Seriously!

I only see a lot more more "Patriots are cheap threads" and "Kraft is a terrible owner" threads and "Belichick has lost his mojo" threads (which will multiply like rabbits when the draft comes around).

You arguing that there is a significant "I hate Wes and always have" contingent, beyond a tiny but vocal minority (some egged on by your posting style), is like going back to 2008 and pulling up a few idiotic "Trade Brady, Keep Cassel" threads and concluding that a significant percentage of Patriots fans wanted to send Tom Brady packing.

It just is not a reality-based perception.

Seriously!

Yep, it's my fault. i screwed it all up. I tried to tell you that before but you wouldn't listen. Welker is just a greedy punk, he go what he deserved. The Kraft's are telling the truth, they gave it their best but coiuldn't meet his outrageous demands. Who does he think he is wanting Ochocinco money? he's no Ochocinco, Ochocinco is big and fast.

Yep, it's my fault. i screwed it all up. I tried to tell you that before but you wouldn't listen. Welker is just a greedy punk, he go what he deserved. The Kraft's are telling the truth, they gave it their best but coiuldn't meet his outrageous demands. Who does he think he is wanting Ochocinco money? he's no Ochocinco, Ochocinco is big and fast.

You must be a graduate of troll so hard university say hello to T SIZZLE for me

I've well absorbed it and accepted it, and moved on. Remember, the PATS won 3 Super Bowls without Welker. So, I think they'll do just fine. I said this of Moss when they traded him off and people just couldn't believe it. If the PATS had won at least 1 Super Bowl with Welker on the team, they'd be more willing to keep him.

The Pats havent won since 2004. During that era football was different as a whole. So there are a few variables outside of Welker. When Brady won his last Lombardi the team's formula for success was also different and relied much less on his arm to win games both regular season and post season.

To insinuate that Welker and his astronomical production is somehow the underlying issue with our lack of recent SB's is a stretch to say the very least. I also don't understand how not feeling loyalty to your favorite players is somehow a badge of honor now? When did it become terrible to love a guy who went balls to the wall for your favorite team. Bob Kraft's picture isn't on any of your kid's walls.

I wonder how Brady will be perceived by many when his career is close to ending. I could see him being traded or cut at the end of his contract based on how the team manages aging players/contacts. I wonder will people minimize his contributions in an effort to appear as "fanly" as possible. Before anyone post that people aren't minimizing Welker, I really feel they are. I have been reading alot of pats fans post and the general temperature is the team is fine without our best, most durable receiver. No one is talking about how the top 4 pass catching targets for Brady for '13 as of now can all be considered injury prone or atleast at high risk of injury considering history.

Gronk - Injured the last 2 post seasons
Hernandez- has yet to play an entire season
Amendola - Injury prone, has yet to catch a pass from TB, welker-like production can not be assumed even if healthy.
Jones - Injury History, Drops have been an issue. Not a starter imo
Edelman(assuming he is back) - Injury Prone, average to below average receiver, above average after the catch.

Welker is probably the most universally beloved player on this forum outside of Brady. For any criticism that he's been subjected to here, just about everyone else has been subjected to significantly more.

Keep chasing those windmills, though.

That's my fault, i created dozens and dozens of other usernames and called him too small, too slow, a system WR who is only good because of Brady, too greedy, a WR with bad hands who led the league in drops and cost them two super bowls........etc etc...... had i not manufactured all those claims on my own we wouldn't have that perception out there. Welker was just too sucky and too greedy, his fault, I am now off to burn his jersey and stick pins into his bobblehead. Later.

Let me warn you. Do not ever, ever go to the stupid Facebook page "Best Damn Patriots Group" where the cretin, sorry I mean creator, has a deep ongoing hatred for Wes Welker.

Let me warn you. Do not ever, ever go to the stupid Facebook page "Best Damn Patriots Group" where the cretin, sorry I mean creator, has a deep ongoing hatred for Wes Welker.

It's completely silly.
Welker has been a top3 receiver for 6 straight seasons, and was paid below market value every single year.

Boston completely alienates and demonizes players for single plays in a bizarre way. Buckner was not why the Sox blew that 1986 game. Welker is not the reason why the Pats lost that game. Samuel is not the reason the Pats lost their game.

Gronk - Injured the last 2 post seasons
Hernandez- has yet to play an entire season
Amendola - Injury prone, has yet to catch a pass from TB, welker-like production can not be assumed even if healthy.
Jones - Injury History, Drops have been an issue. Not a starter imo
Edelman(assuming he is back) - Injury Prone, average to below average receiver, above average after the catch.

Sooner or later one to those or more will play a full season. Gronk got rolled up on by pollard and broke arm on a PAT. I see him back 100% next season for full year. Hernandez is more injury prone that gronk in my eyes. Amendola always gets hurt..same with edelman. Out RBs are pretty durable.

All teams have injury prone guys. I am more worried about the Ds health this year than O. brady will make due what what he has and we will still be able to score 30+ plenty of times. it will be up to the D as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes