Welcome to PatsFans.com

It makes sense... (don't kill me)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by skri65, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skri65

skri65 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm actually somewhat happy by our draft so far.

We loaded up on free agency this year, significantly helping our LB's with AD and significantly helping our WR corps. In round 1, we signed a Safety that should help us for many years.

With all that we've signed in FA, it makes sense that we would load our picks for next year (two 1st rounders, a 2nd, two 3rd rounders), as we will be worrying about contracts much more next year (and the year after) than this year.

Remember guys, it's CONTINUED excellence that BB and crew strive for. We're already pretty damn good for this coming year, the FO is making sure that this team continues this excellence in the coming years. We drafted the way we did precisely because of our moves in FA.

I for one am very happy to know that this team will automatically be a SB competitor for many more years.
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  2. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

bah get your happiness out of here. Dont you see the theme of this board?
  3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +461 / 7 / -9

Of course it makes sense. Jeez. The glass is half empty. It's also half full. Sometimes, the BB/SP genius just smacks you in the face. Other times, "it is what it is," and that's that. They have an excellent track record over time, and you'd be nuts not to trust their judgment.

Sometimes the best thing you can say is "I'll do it tomorrow," and "I'll do it next year," which is basically what the Pats said about Round 1, with the exception of Brandon Merri-and-happy-and-stompin-like-christmas-weather. (Love that one pick, by the way - throw in his versatility with AD's, and you've got flexibility out the wazoo.)

okay, rant over

PFnV
  4. FREYER

FREYER Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just got back from working out and talking to several Pats fans (and season ticket holders like myself) your view was the prevailing one.

San Fransisco is a team that took a nice step forward last year, but they still gave up over 400 points and have a pretty tough schedule. Las Vegas doesn't believe in them and neither do most of the folks I know. Turner is gone so Smith may or may not struggle- Norv is known for his smarts and calmness and how that sits with Smith will be something to watch.

The Raiders third round next year should be single digits again.

Meriweather is what BB looks for- talent that can play multi positions. He's a legit FS and can play the inside nickel in third down passing situations- think of Indy: taking on Gonzalez in the slot, or covering deep TE target like Dallas Clark. This is and was a no brainer if they character issue wasn't in play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.