Welcome to PatsFans.com

It just keeps coming!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Ilikehappyppl, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Saw that, good news for many.. somehow the "ain't it awful" crowd will find fault.
  3. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +205 / 9 / -26

Can you say.....buuuuubble???
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Everything is the same today as it was last week...

The Five-Year Funk: OECD Slashes Global Growth Estimates

The Five-Year Funk: OECD Slashes Global Growth Estimates | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

Why $16 Trillion Only Hints at the True U.S. Debt

Why $16 Trillion Only Hints at the True U.S. Debt - Yahoo! Finance

It's not about "aint it awful?"...it's about understanding economic variables and how they're all related.

So let us all seek the truth and not focus upon what looks and sounds good. Neither optimism nor pessimism do us any good when discussing our economy.

Nothing we discuss is "me against you" or vice versa. No one can "In your face!" with economic news just as no one can "in your face!" with the results of the election.

We can play childish games and post stuff like, "Hey, where's ILHP?" But that would make me look foolish.

Wouldn't you agree?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Heavens To Betsy:
    Now if I were a loon......:singing: I would say "CNN is full of shlt"

Loon's always find fault with the source reporting the news.

I do hope it's true though.

It's Bush's Fault.
  6. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lol PR,

Don't get your panties in a bunch:D

Is this thread about the US debt? Nope

Is this thread about Global Growth? Nope

Stay on topic please, you want to talk about those things, please start your own thread and talk about those things.

I was just trying to give you a little nudge because I knew you would come in here and try and do what you just did, you proved my point!

Have a great day PR, remember life is what you make of it! ;)
  7. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can say it, doesn't make it true....:bricks:
  8. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +205 / 9 / -26

Actually, anyone with half a brain can see that artifically driving down interest rates to ridiculously low levels will feed into yet another housing bubble. This "increase" is being fueled by interest rates that are half what they should be hurting people who do the right thing.....save.
  9. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you have any facts to back up your statements? Or do you expect me to take you for your word? lol....Give me links,some stats, some facts....
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +205 / 9 / -26

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The Federal Reserve announced plans to unleash more stimulus Thursday, in its third attempt at a controversial program to rev up the U.S. economy.

The policy, known as quantitative easing and often abbreviated as QE3, entails buying $40 billion in mortgage-backed securities each month. The end date remains up in the air, as the Fed will re-evaluate the strength of the economy in coming months.

The bond-buying policy "should put downward pressure on longer-term interest rates, support mortgage markets, and help to make broader financial conditions more accommodative," the Fed's official statement said.

Meanwhile, the Fed will continue its existing policy known as Operation Twist. Together the two programs will add $85 billion in long-term bonds to the Fed's balance sheet each month.

In addition, the Fed also indicated that it plans to keep short-term interest rates at "exceptionally low levels" until mid-2015. Previously, the Fed had forecast rates would remain low until late 2014.

The central bank's main objective is to lower interest rates and mortgage rates in particular.

Federal Reserve launches QE3 - Sep. 13, 2012

We've talked about this before. This is an artificial market. What do you think is going to happen when they stop buying these securities?
  11. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Precisely.

I preach this all of the time to people. I'm not rich nor do I bring home a 6 figure salary, but I love to conserve and be frugal. Its why I was able to put down 20 % on my home and pay for a 20K wedding out of pocket. Its the best feeling in the world to always have a nice savings account.
  12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

The thread is about our economy....and that includes EVERYTHING from our deficit to tax policy.

Everything I posted was on-topic if you understand economics.

Like I said, no one can "in your face!" about economics....it is what it is.

Funny how whenever you post economic news, you mention my name....so you agree it's childish...just what I thought.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

My sons are both like you, I am just the opposite, I've had a lot of fun though, back in the 50's when Elvis, Do-Wop and RB were everywhere on a saturday night I used to come home from an afternoon in the Central Sq Cambridge bars and yell at my wife "get your high heels and silk stockings out big party tonight" she would say "where are you getting the money idiot" I would say "out of the rent drawer" we all kept our bill money in a drawer, nobody I knew had a check book, I grabbed the rent money and off we went after the third or fourth drink nobody gave a shlt about paying rent, drinking, dancing, singing, chinese food, bacon eggs and beer at sunrise then a little more Banjo, Guitar and singing, then afternoon time to go home sleep around the clock. That would scare the hell out of me today, it's great to be young.

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

You are full of BS, there is no way you are the age you claim you are, as you said you were 89 in 2005...now 7 years later, you still type like a much younger man.... guess you do not know too many 96 year olds.

None of your stories are true, they are just stories..
  15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

Reminds me of when I was young and took a sabatical in the Far East for 6 months.

It was there I met the most interesting woman in the world. We sat down for dinner and she ordered a Dos Equis.

It was then I decided to come back home to hang with MY people.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

When I was a young man
    In my prime
    I used to do it all the time
    Now that I am old and grey
    I only do it twice a day
  17. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First off, did you make this thread? That's what I thought....this thread is about the housing market and how well its starting to do....that's very rude PR...

No it wasn't....

Not always, I just like to give you a little jab because everything you post is doom and gloom, then you try to hide that fact by saying "We need the truth about things".

No, I agree its funny, take a chill pill....you HATE good news admit it?
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

You're right...I don't want my retirement investments to grow over time.:rolleyes:

And I don't want to believe our future is secure not only for me, but for my niece and nephews....I WANT them to live in a declining economy with few jobs.

A truly healthy economy is what I want to see...but I don't see it on the horizon.

Get back to me in 5 years and we'll see who was right.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You've been wrong for the last 4-5 years, so yes, we will see who's right in 5 years....:rolleyes:
  20. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

So you agree that saying I hate good news wasn't a bright comment...thank you!

Just an FYI....our economy has gone no where over the past 5 years. The only thing that has gotten better are stock market indices.

The best one can truthfully say is that we've stabilized. And if our gov't does the right thing regarding the fiscal cliff, next year will be tough.

Here's an undeniable fact...our economy won't go anywhere as long as the world economy continues to struggle
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012