PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IT IS ON: How I See the Pats/Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that we need to give the 2007 Colts a lot of credit...
They are certainly one of the greatest teams of all time.
The have a HOF QB and WR and tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
They are defnding champions.
They have a huge margin of victory over 7 teams (2 with winning records)
AND Blasphemy I Know... they stand a good chance of beating us at home about 40% maybe

Having said all that we WILL Blow them out of the game.
We have yet to play 4 quarters now we will...
They will be crying for thier mommies.
Pats 63 Colts 21

I think Carolina had no other choice but to run the ball (you saw what happened when Vinnie tried to pass). Maybe the correct way to move the ball on your defense is to run right at them, who knows. They are lightening fast now on defense, maybe the way to negate that team speed is with a power running game.

If we had done more of that in the AFCCG during the second half, the result may have been different;you eat the clock and keep the ball out of your QB's hands. Easier said than done I guess.

After all of this build up, I'm with you in that I hope its a good, hard fought game with no injuries and the bad calls are kept to a minimum. Call this round one because you and I both know round two will be the AFCCG, it's just a matter of where it will be played.............hang tough........

I think that we need to give the 2007 Colts a lot of credit...
They are certainly one of the greatest teams of all time.
The have a HOF QB and WR and tons of talent on both sides of the ball.
They are defnding champions.
They have a huge margin of victory over 7 teams (2 with winning records)
AND Blasphemy I Know... they stand a good chance of beating us at home about 40% maybe

Having said all that we WILL Blow them out of the game.
We have yet to play 4 quarters now we will...
They will be crying for thier mommies.
Pats 63 Colts 21

:confused:

About the 2 winning teams???

Jax and Ten are both 5-2
Panthers and Bucs are both 4-3
N.O. and Donks are 3-4
I think the Texans might be 3-4 as well.

Take out the loss to the Colts, and all opponents are at .500 or better. I assume you meant something else??

Crying for mommies??? Maybe Peytie Pooh will suck his thumb on the way to the sideline after a 3 and out? Maybe he will look for Daddy to comfort him??:rolleyes:

The rest of the Colts fans who have come here are total assclowns.

YES, I am an assclown. Appreciate the compliment. I should probably be banned. Win or lose I dont want your respect and you will not get mine.

YES, I am an assclown. Appreciate the compliment. I should probably be banned. Win or lose I dont want your respect and you will not get mine.

Then why did you come here?

:confused:

About the 2 winning teams???

Jax and Ten are both 5-2
Panthers and Bucs are both 4-3
N.O. and Donks are 3-4
I think the Texans might be 3-4 as well.

I am among the few of the Pats fans who doesn't care about Indy's performance against other teams. Colts, the defending champs, have beaten us the last three times with Manning/Wayne easily picking apart our seconday (irrespective of whether they were playing sick or if the starters were absent),.... enough said.

Pats D has a tough task this Sunday.

Let's say this. We had our ass handed to us in the first half against Denver and Carolina. Yet when those folks looked up at the scoreboard, they trailed at half. AND in each game, we came out and scored a TD to start the 3rd qtr. As someone stated, a slow start by the Colts and it could be a difficult task to make up that ground.

Offensively, I think the Colts can have success. I think Marvin will need to be dressed and ready to play. No Ugoh, and Manning's day gets a lot tougher. I think Addai will also have success. I hope they keep the same formula of a balanced attack, and don't abandon the run if early success eludes them.

Defensively, I think it will be status quo, they will give up the short stuff, but I think they can contain the yards after catch.

Obviously, we need to protect the ball, and steal it once or twice. We have been on the winning end of that pretty much every week, as have the Pats. Turnover margin might make the difference.

ST's-you have a decided advantage in the return game. If we give up field position, we're in trouble.

Have I said much? Probably not. I think we have to play our best game to have a shot, while you may not have to be at your 100% best, and you might still drop 40. IOW, mental mistakes might doom us, whereas you may be able to overcome. NE has a greater margin for error in this one. Should be a great battle, I just hope I don't have an H-Attack before the game:eek:

I didn't mention turnovers (probably because it's always a possibile determining factor) but I think you're right, it's worth mentioning here. These teams tend to protect the ball very well, but turnovers have played a part when they've faced each other--be it Brady's, what, four picks in the regular season game last year, or Samuel returning a pick for a TD in the playoff game.

I think any turnovers EARLY could be huge, as I agree with what seems to be the conventional wisdom here that the Pats could win the game big, which naturally is easier if they jump out to an early lead.

I'm just glad that the pats are fairly healthy going into this game for the first time in a few years. It should make for a good even game

I think BB and the Pats will set them up for a later matchup. I say we will be very vanilla with our play...run a lot try to establish so things and probably will lose this game. After that, the media circus will start slobbering over the Colt the rest of the year...when we meet the Colts in the playoffs, we will dismantle them and make the media look like fools once again. BB has the perfect plan, lose this battle but win the war!

I think BB and the Pats will set them up for a later matchup. I say we will be very vanilla with our play...run a lot try to establish so things and probably will lose this game. After that, the media circus will start slobbering over the Colt the rest of the year...when we meet the Colts in the playoffs, we will dismantle them and make the media look like fools once again. BB has the perfect plan, lose this battle but win the war!

I'm sorry, but that line of thinking is stupid. Why would the Patriots not try their hardest to win this game? Why make it more difficult on yourself the rest of the regular season and then have to travel to Indy in the postseason? The Colts are going to get the Patriots best effort on Sunday.

Now that's a low blow there Verbilkint; like I give two sh!ts what you think, with your grand total of 6 posts. When did you sign up here, AFTER the Colts won the AFCCG?

You are what I spoke of, a Colts assclown. He Ban Me, on the other hand, has posted over 1,000 times here; he is funny, knows his football and is not a total homer like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of you Colt tools who post here.

It's because of nitwits like you that I hope the Colts lose 73-0 on Sunday because if they do, we'll never hear from you again; HBM, on the other hand, will be here like the true football fan that he is.

Have a crappy day.

Now that's a low blow there Verbilkint; like I give two sh!ts what you think, with your grand total of 6 posts. When did you sign up here, AFTER the Colts won the AFCCG?

You are what I spoke of, a Colts assclown. He Ban Me, on the other hand, has posted over 1,000 times here; he is funny, knows his football and is not a total homer like 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of you Colt tools who post here.

It's because of nitwits like you that I hope the Colts lose 73-0 on Sunday because if they do, we'll never hear from you again; HBM, on the other hand, will be here like the true football fan that he is.

Have a crappy day.

Hey, don't let 'em get to you so easy, man. Just sit back and hope for a rout.

By the way, I came to the prediction after initially not being sure which way I would go. Let me ask the PATS fans out there: does EVERYONE see a big Pats' victory? Anybody see a nailbiter or (god forbid) a Pats' loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots