PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It is obvious we really wanted Maroney...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Every other position we could have gone had some of their best players on the board. Justice was there, Lawson was there, Jackson and Holmes were there, and Marshall was there. Meaning this is the guy we had targetted.

At least we know that BB and Pioli must have been wanting to take Maroney for awhile... and IMO, THAT is enough to make me happy with the pick.

well said. I have trust in BB. Especially if we passed on the guys mentioned above.

Just a little worried about our LB hole.

ILB's will be available later, Kiwanuka could drop to us never know, WR maybe Walker or Stallworth, hopefully not Lelie.

Sorry for the double post, I didn't know if it posted or not because I keep getting error messages. Forums are crashing or something.

patsfan13 said:
ILB's will be available later, Kiwanuka could drop to us never know, WR maybe Walker or Stallworth, hopefully not Lelie.

It looks like Stovall will be there in the 2nd. lets take him!

Something that I found interesting was that Maroney did an interview on ESPNNEWS, and when asked which team worked him the hardest in private workouts Maroney said it was definitely the Patriots. That made me start thinking that if the Pats put that much time and thoroughness into the workout then they might have a very serious interst in him. Despite this I was suprised when he was picked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes