Welcome to PatsFans.com

It' good to be the Messiah.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patriot_in_NY, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Rut Rooo....................

This will get swept under the rug I'm sure. But given the recent spotlight to Countrywide, it probably shouldn't. Who helped him buy this house again......... Ummmmmm, Oh that's right, Tony Rezko. Oh wait, can't be, they barely knew each other :rolleyes:

"This is NOT the Obama I knew" :singing:

**added**

Also a troubling tidbit from the article.

Northern Trust was the company that gave him the discount. Ethics committee anyone?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Poor oppressed Barack & Cindy, Princess Michelle should have been Proud of America when The Prince bought that house.

3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +485 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Why...Oh WHY, do we keep trying to bring up dirt on the party we don't like? Both sides are doing it and guess what folks?...

It's not going to change anything. Does it make us feel righteous? Because you know stuff like this isn't going to change anyone's mind on their vote.

Just like the negative stuff on McCain's military background won't.

It is childish.

"Oh, look what I found on your guy!":rolleyes:

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Your right, look what the f-cking Wesley Clark is doing.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

So, Ethics and character are not important to you. It does not bother you that Mr. "Hope and Change" is really just ANOTHER two bit hustling politician. This stuff was a couple years ago?

Perhaps you don't care, but for people who want to have a president with SOME moral fiber, It might be. It doesn't bother you, then skip this thread and bury your head in the sand. Just don't b!tch when the roof caves in. This is stuff that's common place in congress, but that doesn't mean we should ignore it. This is not tit for tat, either.......... ALL ALONE this story is pretty troubling, and it would be if is was McCain too.

Like I said:

6. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

/Agree. I LOATHE the gotcha game, and that's what this is quickly turning into. I liked the energy discussion last week, but it's become overshadowed by utter tripe and nonsense this week.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

Change the name Obama to Bush then see if they would ignore it----:singing:

8. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Why is this "Gotcha"? This is a story about public corruption within our elected system of government. I'd think that the Political Forum would be a great place to discuss this?

Nobody want's to talk about Iraq anymore, so what else is there to discuss. How many threads do we start on the price of oil? Perhaps the mods should post a sticky telling us what is "on the table" and what is "off the table".

9. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

A quarter point less than the average doesn't seem like all that big a discount. (I also read that Obama has now released his mortgage documents. Let's hope the media gives as much attention to the McCain's failing to pay taxes on one of their properties as they give to this nonstory.)

(And this government site says the national average was 5.80%, falling to 5.65% the following month: http://www.fhfb.gov/getfile.aspx?fileid=4328 meaning Obama's savings was even less.)

Anyone who's ever had a mortgage knows there are a range of rates. Perhaps if there's evidence that the bank gave other similarly qualified people higher rates there might be something questionable.

As far as bank employees donating to Obama, that's probably no surprise considering he's popular. If there's evidence that the bank pressured employees to donate, then that would be worth looking into. But, there's nothing illegal him getting donations from employees of the bank. According to careerbuilder.com, the bank employees 9,400 people, so $71,000 to Obama out of $739,000 in donations doesn't seem out of line.

I hope the media does it's job and fully vets this. It sounds like the right will try to spin this like they tried to spin the birth certificate, the "white" rumor, the muslim rumor, etc. They are soooooo sleazy.

10. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

This might totally vet out, that's a given. But don't gloss fact's over....

He locked at 5.625% for a 1.3 M (a colossal amount for a Mortgage), at a given time when typical loans in the same area we going for 5.93-6%. On that amount, it's about $300 a month savings ($108,000 over the life of the loan). Is this a "friends of Angelo" loan. Who knows, But given the ethics scrutiny right now for similar in appearance situation with Chris Dodd and Kent Conrad.

You may want to gloss it over, but keep in mind. This is the deal that involved Tony Rezko, whereby Obama paid $300,000 less than the 1.9 M asking price while Tony (a convinced felon known to cook deals), paid the FULL ASKING price on a vacant lot NEXT DOOR and sold by the same seller?

I suppose this is all okay for you though, right?

It may vet out, but your a complete Kool Aid drinker if it doesn't make you raise your eyeballs just a tad. You don't get that kind of treatment when you want to buy a home, DO YOU?

11. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Document where John McCain failed to pay taxes on one of HIS properties?

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It sucks alright, but it has nothing to do with Obama, other than the fact that it makes him the same as McCain and any other millionaire in America. You're being over-dramatic if you think this is going to have anything to do with this election. It's just another diversion from the real issues that neither candidate is willing to discuss. Iraq, the economy, the environment, healthcare...you should be more upset that none of these issues will be addressed until November and beyond. While you and the media are fixated on Obama's interest rate and McCain's military career, the Republicrat Party laughs all the way to the bank and your savings goes down the drain.

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

Are you saying he's not an equal partner in his relationship with Cindy? He's not responsible for her debts as with a normal married couple? At any rate, right now it appears that the McCain's are financially careless while Obama did a good job finding a good mortgage rate. The fact that Obama is being so transparent by releasing his mortgage documents is usually done when someone has nothing to hide. Maybe the McCain's should release his prenup with Cindy to clarify things, to show that he doesn't wear the pants when it comes to money.

14. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Her business is separate, she owns a trust, he signed a pre-nup and they pay separate taxes and have since they've been married. Other than that, wtf is your point or is it just your usual partisan kneejerk bullsh!t?

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

The same sort of points that conservative were making with regard to Kerry-Theresa Heinz. Aren't we entitled to know more about their financial arrangements? So far we debt that they fail to pay their taxes, run up huge credit card debt, and that McCain says he needs to know more about the economy. Since Obama's regularly being forced to produce his birth certificate, his mortgage documents, lies are being spread about him and his wife, it seems only fitting that we should both sides to the same standard. It's you who prefers a partisan approach, and are holding the candidates to different standards. I favor complete transparency. Is the failure to pay taxes Cindy's fault or both Cindy and John's? Is the mortgage rate Obama received truly special, or was it fair?

16. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

You don't believe the Dems are laughing EQUALLY as hard, and with the Repubs too. It's all a fukcing scam, which was my point. The part that makes this more annoying is there's now the silly "Oh, we're gonna be different............Hope and Change Baby". :rolleyes: And worst of all, we are so fukcing stupid, we are buying it.

Actually, no....... They keep their finances separate, like MANY people the enter into marriage where one person is of significant means. Besides, that story sounds more like a red herring anyway, sounds like the folks in LaJolla were sending it to the wrong address for all that time and wondering why the stuff kept getting sent back. I'd be all over it, if it looked suspicious. It just doesn't

I don't like McCain much better than Obama. He has to be the dullest nominee we've had in FOREVER.

17. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Put down the Kool Aid....

1) He refues to produce it. McCain has already had a congressional hearing about his.

2) Ummmm, the deal and purchase involved includes a guy that was just CONVICTED of shady dealing JUST LIKE THIS ONE. But no, it's wrong to ask about details about this one :rolleyes:

3) Lies are being spread about each of them every day. That's par for the course.

18. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What I want to know is--where are all these "righties" who are after Obama to produce his birth certificate? I find it interesting that a liberal like Patters knows more about what the "righties" are doing than someone who gets lumped in as a "rightie". I guess I should go to more of the meetings or something...

However--just for idle speculation, since you keep bringing it up...wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out he wasn't technically a US citizen born?

19. Patters

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

He produced it.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html

Can you post a link to McCain's birth certificate?

He produced his mortgage documents, answered every question put to him about Rezko, the original sellers of his house (who have no political connections) claim Obama made the highest bid. Why do you think this story is hardly in the news now?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/chi-obama-rezkomar15,0,2968927.story
    http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/757340,CST-NWS-watchdog24.article

Now let's interview McCain about the Keating 5 scandal or his rumored extramarital affairs.

What lies about McCain are you thinking of?

20. Patters

Ratings:
    +466 / 18 / -17

Difficult to find a link that captures what I'm saying, but this one isn't bad:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=obama's birth certificate on conservative sites&btnG=Search

Actually, Obama did release his birth certificate; that's why righties aren't talking about it much anymore. Where's McCain's birth certificate?

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/6/12/15046/0204