Welcome to PatsFans.com

It could happen to ObamaCARE

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by NEPatriot, Jul 17, 2009.

1. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

The New York Times > Log In

It could happen to ObamaCARE.:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

I would like to see health insurers sue Obama for his cheap 'medical treatment' and medication. I'm sure that many hospitals in US won't accept Obama's low payment.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

It will certainly happen if we leave things as is. It is happening under the status quo. So, what's your point? Obviously, you posted an example demonstrating that the system does not work right now and needs to be changed. :D
  3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think his point was to show the law of unintended consequences. By instituting universal coverage as the Commonwealth did and having it cost more than anticipated ( sound familiar folks?) it needed to lower costs and in the process is bankrupting the hospital by lowering their reimbursement. At the same time, it is increasing their demand for their services. If they close their doors, all the citizens will suffer.
    Take the blinders off and remember the words of C. Everett Koop, to paraprhase, you have three parts fo the healthcare system, high tech, immediate access and universal coverage. You can have 2 of the 3 but not all three....Which one are you willing to give up? If you get universal coverage, you will ultimately have to ration care and you WILL wait for care that today is accessible easily.
  4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -2

My Jersey:

Even the dems like Susan Estridge know this plan is insane:

The rest of the article is a good read:
    Susan Estrich: Obama QAHCAA Health Care Plan 'Almost Laughable' | NewsBusters.org
  5. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

ObamaCARE is the same as your state CARE. According to ObamaCARE, he tries to 'lower' the cost of the bill because 2T dollars are too much and he would like to see 700 billion dollar bill instead.

Did I hear that hospitals are willing to accept Obama's low payments under ObamaCARE? Yes.

Here we go again.:singing::singing::singing::singing: The history will REPEAT itself.:singing::singing::singing:
  6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    There's a really easy solution.

Let those of us who want to keep what we've got keep it.
    Put all the money raised (and no more) from the tax increase into a pot for government healthcare.
    Those who choose to join the government plan get to use the pot as a group until it runs out.
    Then the government plan is done until next year when this repeats.

The End.
  7. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I think the cost is really the red herring. Obama's agenda doesn't really care what the costs are. His real agenda is for the government to control health care - as well as, energy, manufacturing and financial (including banking). Healthcare is 17% of our economy, and he wants it government-controlled. What terrifying power and influence you have over the masses when you can control their medical care, their temperature of their homes, how much gas they consume, how much money they can earn or keep, etc. I'm wondering if we'll soon need to have a chip implanted in our hand or forehead in order to buy groceries or gasoline.
  8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +40 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    I said that tongue in cheek but the main reason, agreeing with you, is it would then be clear that the government plan is a "last resort" not a big bully that will take down the nasty private insurance because it has the government backing it. Make it limited and a "last resort", then the health insurance business will be able to survive and continue.
  9. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't like the ideas that doctors and hospitals have to accept Obama's low payments because it's the only way to keep Obamacare affordable and accessible to everybody.

You get what you PAY.
  10. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

And those that can pay will get the best care, if not in the Obamacare system, then in private hospitals that will spring up that take NO insurance and cater to the well to do. If they are banned here, exoect tosee them in Bahamas, Bermuda or close offshore where you'll be able to get that bypass, knee repalcement or ACL surgery without having to wait if you can pay for it.....
  11. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If govt's going to get involved in healthcare their only true role should be regulation of private HC's pricing. That and to tighten everything up so that the now opportunities for corruption, blackmarket for profit entities stop dictating how we take care of ourselves and how our doctors decide what's truly best for people's health.

I have no quarrel with HC corporations/providers making money; my biggest problem is that our health has become a corporate industry. NO corporate industry gets this big by being mindful of what's actually good for people.

And since when has big government proven itself to do anything that might actually benefit the majority of Americans.

It doesn't help that everybody's in bed with Big Pharma. What we have now is a healthcare mega-industry. Throw in the govt and it's a healthcare industrial complex, neither of which is going to keep us "healthy".

The real money lies in keeping people sick.
  12. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I receive new info about ObamaCARE. I can't post it today because some liberals here are going to COMPLAIN and MAY LOCK this new THREAD.

Come here tomorrow AFTER 10:40 AM Eastern TIME (7/18/08) for this NEW INFO.

You don't know what Obama and Democrats do in ObamaCARE bill. You are going to be SHOCKED.

I have the proof and everything. It's unbelievable and completely BS !
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ~~~Out of Order~~~ PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#87 Jersey
    and I thought I would sleep well tonight ... I am so excited I'll never sleep now. :bricks:
  14. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You ain't see nothing yet. Come here tomorrow. I want to post all news right now but you will complain and patters will lock or delete it.

I don't really want to 'push' it. If you can't read my news today, don't blame on me BUT liberals here.

I guarantee you. Tomorrow is going to best day for NEWS. You will be SHOCKED. BE HERE or BE nowhere.