PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It appears that the Redskins and Panthers are getting absolutely NO respect this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just watched the last hour or two since the MNF game ended and all the sports commentators on a dozen channels or so were talking about is about what the Indy Defense is going to do to control Brady and what the NE defense is going to do to slow down Manning,While talking about this they are expecting both teams to be undefeated at that time.

During no part of any conversation was Washington and Carolina mentioned,Sure neither team is world beaters and have average rosters,but both teams are more than capable of knocking a team off that is looking too far ahead.

I hope players on both sides are ready to actually play this weeks opponent rather than next weeks already.

Regardless of the nature of possibly 'the game of the century' on November 4th, there is little doubt that guys lining up against these 2 teams with names of notable solid football players like Jason Campbell,Santana Moss,Sean Taylor,Julius Peppers and Steve Smith this week are not to be taken lightly or one of these undefeated teams will pay for lack of respect.

Luckily for fans of both NE and Indy not to worry as these players and coaches and organizations are way too smart to listen to the media morons who are taking these 2 upcoming week 8 opponents lightly as if they were NCAA squads.

Re: It appears that the Redskins and Panthers are getting absolutely NO respect this

Only the media looks ahead.
...maybe the fans sometimes.:D

Re: It appears that the Redskins and Panthers are getting absolutely NO respect this

I just watched the last hour or two since the MNF game ended and all the sports commentators on a dozen channels or so were talking about is about what the Indy Defense is going to do to control Brady and what the NE defense is going to do to slow down Manning,While talking about this they are expecting both teams to be undefeated at that time.

During no part of any conversation was Washington and Carolina mentioned,Sure neither team is world beaters and have average rosters,but both teams are more than capable of knocking a team off that is looking too far ahead.

I hope players on both sides are ready to actually play this weeks opponent rather than next weeks already.
Don't worry. Neither team will overlook next week's opponent.

The players are smarter than the Monday Night Crew. Kripes, their socks are smarter than Kornheiser.

Last edited:

Oddly enough, I think the Red Sox absorbing all the media attention around here for the next ten days is going to be a good thing. Let the Pats fly under the radar for the first time all season.

That doesn't really change the national media covering an NFL that doesn't have much else to hype beyond the Pats or the Colts at this point. Fortunately nobody will be watching the blather on Football night next week so there should be a moderately decent few days before the media punditry is blasted at full force and the forum gets infested by people using slang terms nobody north of delaware has ever heard of.

Oddly enough, I think the Red Sox absorbing all the media attention around here for the next ten days is going to be a good thing. Let the Pats fly under the radar for the first time all season.

That doesn't really change the national media covering an NFL that doesn't have much else to hype beyond the Pats or the Colts at this point. Fortunately nobody will be watching the blather on Football night next week so there should be a moderately decent few days before the media punditry is blasted at full force and the forum gets infested by people using slang terms nobody north of delaware has ever heard of.

Next 10 days ?

I am neither a fan of the Sox or Rockies (I am a Reds fan) but in my unbiased opinion I think the Sox have a very good chance of sweeping the hot Rockies who are more than due for a losing streak red sox in 4 I think or the sox in no more than 5 games at worst.

Now back to your regularly scheduled football broadcast ;)

Next 10 days ?

I am neither a fan of the Sox or Rockies (I am a Reds fan) but in my unbiased opinion I think the Sox have a very good chance of sweeping the hot Rockies who are more than due for a losing streak red sox in 4 I think or the sox in no more than 5 games at worst.

Now back to your regularly scheduled football broadcast ;)

Well there will be plenty of celebration or misery locally in the days that follow the end of the world series (whether it goes 4 games or 7) so yes they Patriots will not be the biggest story and I'm fine with that.

But inevitably the Nov. 4th game will be the big news nationally, baseball just doesn't draw as large an audience as the NFL these days.

Well there will be plenty of celebration or misery locally in the days that follow the end of the world series (whether it goes 4 games or 7) so yes they Patriots will not be the biggest story and I'm fine with that.

But inevitably the Nov. 4th game will be the big news nationally, baseball just doesn't draw as large an audience as the NFL these days.

There is 7 words to explain the lack of audience for baseball the past few years.....

"No Yankees in the World Series again"

Last edited:

There is 7 words to explain the lack of audience for baseball the past few years.....

"No Yankees in the World Series again"

The Red Sox generated good ratings in '04 although having broken the curse maybe fewer people that aren't diehard fans (and there are plenty around the country) will care. Even with the yankees playing the numbers would not touch the big NFL games.

I think the difference is that a lot of NFL fans continue to watch after their team is eliminated, which isn't the case for a lot of sports (seriously, how many people outside of Texas care about the Spurs?).

Anyway, back to my ultimate point - the Pats can enjoy a few days out of the local spotlight but come 7PM sunday night the national media will be beating the drums once again.

Is there any reason why you would expect otherwise? The team's mantra, although it has become very cliche in the NFL, is one game at a time. That's all you ever hear Brady and Belichick talk about in interviews. Like jman924 said, the fans and the media look ahead because we have that luxury. Hell, I think this entire board is looking forward to Week 15 versus the Jets already. But I think you can sleep well at night knowing that they'll be more than prepared for the Redskins.

.... But I think you can sleep well at night knowing that they'll be more than prepared for the Redskins.

I hope so! With these easy victories with such wide margins, I pray that the players don't get overconfident. In spite of the rigorous control that BB will exercise, will the human nature to bask on the amazing recent achivements overshadow the professional nature to focus one game at a time?

As a fan, I don't remember being so giddy about the team's capabilities. Will the players also feel the same way?

I hope they are more grounded to the earth and prepare for each opponent the same way as they have been preparing for in the past.

THe Panthers get no respect because they haven't earned any. They completely suck.

I will be shocked if Indy wins by any less than 20 points against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes