PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It All Depends On Oakland....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The more I think about it, the more I believe that our draft is completely contingent on who Oakland selects

J. Long
C. Long
M. Ryan

will be the first three picks, now if Oakland takes McFadden, that means S. Ellis will fall to us, and we will be trading down to probably New Orleans/ Cincy. BUT, if Oakland takes Dorsey (IMO the right pick for them) then our draft plans change, either McFadden or Gholston will be there at 7, if it's McFadden, chances are we can squeeze 22 and 28 out of Dallas, if it's Gholston, he's our man.

Anyways that's my .02 cents :D.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that our draft is completely contingent on who Oakland selects

J. Long
C. Long
M. Ryan

will be the first three picks, now if Oakland takes McFadden, that means S. Ellis will fall to us, and we will be trading down to probably New Orleans/ Cincy. BUT, if Oakland takes Dorsey (IMO the right pick for them) then our draft plans change, either McFadden or Gholston will be there at 7, if it's McFadden, chances are we can squeeze 22 and 28 out of Dallas, if it's Gholston, he's our man.

Anyways that's my .02 cents :D.
:confused:

We don't know who the #1 pick will be, how can it "all depend on Oakland" ?

I think it'll be :

J. Long
G. Dorsey
M. Ryan

but every team in the top six is kind of unknown.

I think it will go -
Long
Long
Dorsey
Thus giving Davis the choice of McFadden, or Goulston. The only way Ryan goes in the top 3 is if Dorsey is gone.

Last edited:
I've tried playing the "it all depends on...." game, but you end up at: "it all depends on what the first six picks are." Not the most illuminating thought.

What I do know is this. There are 7 players that are worthy of causing teams to want to trade up (and/or are a player we would consider):

C Long
J Long
Dorsey
Gholston
Ellis
McFadden
Ryan

So no matter what the first 7 picks are, we will either a) get a guy we are willing to draft or b) have a player that we can likely find a trading partner for. Trying to sort it out more than that will give you a headache, and since we're a week and a half from finding out how it plays out, I'm just going to be patient and see what happens.

Last edited:
but is there a chance that cowboys will give us two first round for a 7?

I think who is available at #7 depends on what Miami does.

If J Long does not agree to a favorable contract, then BP will move on to contestant #2, which could be C Long or even Gholston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back