Welcome to PatsFans.com

It’s defense that will tell if they stand a chance

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -0

It’s defense that will tell if Patriots stand a chance - The Boston Globe

nothing new here but couple of interesting quotes from sources

interesting observation so remains to be see how this works next monday esp if whatver this guy says is true.

2. *ChungFu*

*ChungFu* Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I will guarantee that after the Pats get pressure on Sanchez that the reason will be that Woody and Mangold weren't 100%. In fact, one of my wishes for this game is that BB uses a behemoth DL set that will pummel them.

3. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,887 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I suspect that we'll target Slauson and Woody exclusively in this area. Woody, a tub of lard already, also has a hurting wheel. Shouldn't be that difficult for Cunningham to apply some pressure off the right side of the O-Line.

4. The Dynasty

The Dynasty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I would suspect the Pats will have a similar defensive game plan this week as they did against the Steelers, maybe modified a little.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +93 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

If they can play like they did against the Steelers, that would be good too :cool:

6. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -0

iam slightly anxious about in game adjustments. Reiss pointed out after game 2 that one of the problems during the game both offensively and defensively was that the jets adjusted on the fly during the game but the pats could not. hopefully patricia and BOB have enough experience now to do a better job this time.

7. The Dynasty

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am feeling pretty good about BOB, he called his best games of the year in the Steelers and Colts games and I thought he adjusted very well last week and it showed by the Pats second half performance.

As for the D I think this is all in BBs control and Patricia is still learning and shadowing BB. I think Patricia will be a DC either with the Pats or elsewhere sometime soon.

8. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +201 / 3 / -0

Agreed. BOB has called some great games.But this is about matchups vs specific defense so this will be a different test for him. The key as usual is to protect brady. The cleveland game was hard early on and he did adjust eventually by going no huddle. unfortunately too many mistakes and bad rush D really didnt help him. I expect this game to start like the cleveland game since their corners will be able play lot of man-to-man and even brady said yesterday that thats how the fins of early decade used to play him. But i dont know if the jets can pressure the QB without blitzing and just front 4 which probably will help the pats.

9. The Dynasty

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OL has played great since the Cleveland game, besides early last week. I would think the Pats will have a similar game plan to the Pitt game by running the ball just enough to set up the pass, play action will be a major part of the game plan as well. I would like to see Hernandez get more involved and get him the ball in space and let him make a play.

10. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

the problem then though i believe was that that offense couldnt really adjust to anything...they just sort of did their thing and hoped it worked

now this offense, with its multiple faces (gronk, hernandez, welker, branch, BJGE, woodhead, tate can all beat you) is much different, and CAN adjust

the defense didn't do so bad last game if i remember correctly

11. Triumph

Triumph Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +288 / 58 / -28

#32 Jersey

I agree with everything else but this.

Sanchez completed 70% of his passes that game. Butler got benched after that game. Mcourty had his struggles as well, but it was only his 2nd NFL game.

12. 102 Pat

102 Pat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +70 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

I wonder how much of the Jets/Packers game was studied by the team, maybe they might borrow a few things from that?

13. IllegalContact

IllegalContact Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +419 / 6 / -11

take away the run.......make sanchez stay in the pocket.

the lack of a pass rush may actually help the pats in this instance........sanchez has completed some mad silly plays that have saved the jets by leaving the pocket and hitting a target.

if the jets can't run, they will turn the ball over

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.