Welcome to PatsFans.com

Israel's wrong tactics !!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by abdul7, Jul 30, 2006.

1. abdul7

abdul7 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Greetings to all my brothers and sisters here. Salam Alaikum ( Peace be with you ). I thought i'd make maybe one more contribution on this sad day of more innocent deaths in Lebanon. With these tactics, Israel are making these Hisbollah army heroes which they are not. For every family killed by American made bombs and jets, they are getting what they want ! World opinion against Israel and the US . Surely these tactics by both the allied US and Isreal were wrong ? Surely there were other options to just hit Hisbollah only without the destruction of a nation and cause so much hurt and hatred against the US ? Surely Bush must have had plan B ? I read an earlier thread from my brother Nem asking if a ceasfire had been agreed a few days ago would it have saved the childern who died today ? Sadly Nem, the answer is yes. So why did Israel use these tactics of bomb first than talk later ? My opinion is that they should have issued an ultimatum to return the soldiers or else !!! With the threat of war i think the Lebanse government would have secured the release of the soldiers and from there maybe take it further. My heart goes out to all innocent lives on both sides that took place after the attacks by Israel. Hisbollah are now the heroes in the eyes of the Muslim World and that worries me. Israel is to blame for that for these bloody tactics they used. Peace and love. Abdul.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2005
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How much time did Lebanon have to disarm/root out Hezbollah prior to this nonsense?

How often does Hezbollah hide amongst civilian populations?

Hezbollah maybe heroes in the muslim world because of Al-Jazeera, the hardcore left's view of "Israel bad, USA bad" and their overall latent hatred of jews.

IMO, its Hezbollah and mainly Iran who are to blame for this conflict

3. abdul7

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yes, they are to blame but was the response the best option for Israel ? Thats what i am asking amongst you. Peace.

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Hundreds of years ago soldiers and warriors would fight a war against each other away from the innocent. The despicable acts came later or not at all.

Somewhere along the way weaker forces realized that it was a good thing to use civilians as cover. If these civilians died that were considered martyrs and would be blessed forever.

Muslim extremists are the very best at fighting wars...using civilians for cover and then inciting the masses. The horrible loss of live in Lebanon will lead to Israel showing rockets being launched from that builing or near it.

Why would Hizbollah do that? Because they are losing and need more support...they are desperate and they have used innocent children and mothers to achieve this end. Israel Bad...America Bad...this is always the result...too b ad we never hear America Good when they are cashing the checks we send them...no...nevr hear that.

One solution is to cut off all direct funding and U.N. funding until all eztreists/terrorist orginizations are removed. Enough is enough...Israel was baited into killing these innocent people because Hizbollah is getting slaughtered...then a cease fire is obtained...then Hisbollah comes back stronger than before.

Doesn't matter what intelligent people see or think on either side...all that matters is how Al-Jazeera reports it and how the masses respond to it.

Israel needs to keep dropping bombs until Lebanon removes Hizbollah for good. Hizbollah gets removed the bombing stops...the only solution that solves many problems....time for God/Allah to step in and declare a winner of righteousness and morality.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's not all about Hezbollah, anymore. The Lebanese army is now obligated to defend its country from Israel. I don't know enough about the Lebanese regular army...I assume they don't have much, but Israel is destroying Lebanon. If Hezbollah is the strongest force, the Lebanese army must incorporate them as regulars and fight Israel. Otherwise, there is no such thing as "Lebanon". Whether you're rooting for Israel or not, don't you have to agree with that? I see Syrian jets in the sky very soon, I'm afraid.

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Sorry....I forgot to respond to your post..so I edit it...I agree with this scenario because Hizbollah is more desperate by the day. Syria will either take to the air by requst or somehow they will be attacked mysteriously. I am willing to bet rockets have already been shot from the border. Israel films all bombings and then has other planes filing the area well beyond that timeframe...the video they supply for the innocents dying will be interesting.

This latest incident is going to get very interesting. Israel says it was not targeted. That 4 buildings in that area were targeted. Also..that 3 buildings near it were bombed 8 hours earlier and I believe the last one an hour earlier.

Hizbollah...and maybe other terrorists, I do not know. Are know for storing explosives(bombs) on the top floors of buildings. I guess if they are struck or almost struck the expolosives being high are more likely to explode...(LOOKING FOR MEDIA COVERAGE).

Well, I was not there to say this...but just a guess. What if that building was struck by a Kaytusha rocket or longer range rocket by Hizbollah themselves...either deliberately or by accident. If that scenario is what happened..may God judge them harshest of all upon their death.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2006
  7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

It's very sad what Israel is doing to Lebanon. It made sense for them to do a show of force, but to attack willy-nilly and take the lives of so many innocent people is unconscionable and unwise.

The world should demand that Israel stop its campaign, but this war is good news for Bush because it distracts Americans from Iraq and other problems at home. It's also good news for Iraq, because it gives Syria and Iran a second front to contend with. Plus, maybe Israel needs to confront Hezbelloh if they truly believe the violent threats of the lunatic leader of Iran.

That said, Israel should not be attacking Lebanon to the extent it is without first demanding that Lebanon (with, if necessary, the help of the UN) oust Hezbollah's military wing. Further, Israel should be taking far greater care to protect the Lebanese victims of this mess. As it appears now, Israel is doing more harm to Lebanon than to the Hezbelloh.

8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's possible Israel was not targeting the house with all the children. No matter. If it's known to you that Hezbollah does indeed store explosives on the top floors of their buildings (I'll go on your word), then how could Israel not know? If they knew, they should have also known the risk to civilians. They bombed that building knowing the risk to civilians. Where are these people to go? Bombs are being dropped all over the neighborhood. Which direction do you run? I would think the first instinct of most people would be to stay put and hope for the best.

I've been thinking about the barbaric and cowardly conduct of modern war, too. I think this came about in the 60's as a by-product of the space program (or was it vice-versa?). I think the technological advances of missile guidance and air power have offered a safer alternative to ground war for those who posess it. For those who don't, tough luck, right?. And we wonder why less developed countries try to acquire the modern technologies and we make them out to be some sort of satanic threat for doing it.

Imagine yourself the leader of Iran, surrounded by countries armed with nuclear weapons. Even when Pakistan developed the bomb, the US did nothing. India, China, Russia, Israel, Iraq/USA, ...I mean these cats are in the dogpound big-time. Honestly, what would your main goal be?

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 7 / -8

Yes, "It's possible Israel was not targeting the house with all the children."

In fact, it makes absolutely no sense for Israel to knowingly target a house full of refugees, after leafleting areas trying to avoid civilian carnage to the extent possible.

It is also possible that since these were two extended families, they were holing up at an available house under Hezbollah "protection" [sic.] Think about this: we are hearing that 750,000 have evacuated internally in lebanon, or from Lebanon elsewhere. (UN says 800,000 displaced.)

And these individuals are still in the south of the country -- of course, they are the poorest.

They end up in a town known to be a Hezbollah stronghold, and Hezbollah directs them to "safety" -- knowing they are launching rockets from the area.

I think they're cynical enough to do it. I think they believe the poor are best served by such treatment, based on a reward-in-heaven theory. It is possible they knew Israel could somehow detect the presence of these families, and call off the air strikes, or not be able to detect them, and have international opinion to deal with.

Regardless, peace to all concerned, not rockets, not airstrikes forever, peace. When Hezbollah disarms, Lebanon will have it. My sympathies go out to the people who are suffering, and my sympathies also go to the other communities in Lebanon, if Hezbollah enjoys a "victory" defined by surviving Israel's actions.

PFnV

10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Gotta get me a nuke or two...no question.

11. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Hezbollah is a terroist organization in every way. They have terrorized the Israeli people and the Lebanese people. They purposely shoot rockets from populated places including UN posts, schools and hospitals why? For the exact reason you are reading some of the posts condeming Israel on THIER "targeting" of civilians. Hezbollah ALWAYS TARGETS CIVILIANS where is the out cry on this board then?

Turns out that the building that Israel "targeted" remained standing EIGHT HOURS AFTER the last building in the area was struck. It mysteriously comletely collapses EIGHT hours later? HHHMMM maybe Hezbollah didn't get the result they wanted by using civilians as human shields so THEY blew the building up?

Here is the link. Israel has video proof.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3283816,00.html

Is it to much to hope for that people question the media and thier information? WHY would it take the Israeli military to point out days later that the building didn't collapse in the airstrike but remained standing 8 hours after? Wouldn't that be a pertinant FACT the media should be interested in? I guess it woldn't be as good as story if Hezbollah killed thier own people and it wasn't the big bad Israeli war machine....but thier peaceful terrorists.....

12. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Abdul7, I agree with your sentiments and greatly respect you for them.

But...the fact is, when Israel pulled out of Lebanon six years ago, part of the agreement involved the disarmament of Hezbollah. Instead, Lebanon did nothing--perhaps it could do nothing. But Hezbollah accumulated some 10,000 rockets with no other purpose than to terrify and kill the citizens of northern Israel. And it had shown no hesitation about firing those rockets.

So what was Israel to do? Perhaps the massive attempt to destroy Hezbollah was wrong, overkill, bound to create more enemies than it killed. But what was Israel to do?

Do you really think Lebanon could have or would have forced Hezbollah to stop firing the missiles or return the kidnapped soldiers? A strong UN resolution failed to force Lebanon to disarm Hezbollah. I don't think the government of Lebanon had anything like the power or the will.

Fifty women and children were killed by Israeli bombs the other day and a few hundred more in previous weeks. This was a tragedy for everyone, Israel included. But have you seen the video of rockets being fired from the very same complex of buildings where the women and children were hiding?

It may well be that what Israel has done will not work, and in fact will backfire. But what should it have done? What other means, what other tactics could it have used to erase the Hezbollah missile threat? I don't know. I don't think anyone knows.

What do you do when you are fighting for your survival? What rules do you obey when your opponent obeys none? How do you avoid becoming as bad as your enemy? I don't know. I don't think mankind has come up with any good answers to these questions.

Who is at fault here? Is the blame equal? If so, contrast the genuine Israeli shock, dismay, and yes, grief over the Lebanese women and children its bombs killed the other day with the savage glee and satisfaction Hezbollah expresses over the Israeli civilians its missiles kill.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2005
  13. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

14. abdul7

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Greetings Mainefan. Thankyou for your kind words and concern for the poor innocent angels who have died recently huddled in their homes with their mothers. I know how all of you good Americans, no matter what background you come from share the pain and grief for these sad events. I personly think Israel should have hit and hit hard only Hisbollah in the south and not destroy the Airport, bridges, roads etc. of a peaceful nation, the Lebanon. They built that country after the horrible civil war and now its a rubble again. My thread this time was ,,Surely there was a better option for Israel to get what they want without the bombing of a nation. Like you Mainefan i dont have an answer but pray it ends soon. You are all my friends and brothers no matter what opinion you have on this. Love and Peace to all mankind. SALAM. Abdul.