Welcome to PatsFans.com

Israels capabilty to bomb Iran...Irans possible counter-measures after that.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

History.
    Israeli intelligence confirmed Iraq's intention of producing weapons at Osiraq, the Israeli gov't decided to attack...According to some estimates, Iraq in 1981 was still as much as 5 to 10 years away from the ability to buid a nuclear weapon. Others estimated at the time that Iraq might get it's first such weapon within a year or two...

Prime Minister Begin feared that his party would lose the next election and feared that the opposition party would not preempt prior to the production of the first iraqi nuclear bomb...

The raid would have to occur before it's first fuel was to be loaded, before the reactor went ''HOT'' so as not to endanger the surrounding community..

The target was distant: 1,100 km from Israel.

Preperations included building target mock-ups and flying full scale dress-rehearsal missions... The aircrews, were selected from the cream of the IAF's fighter corps... The IDF Chief of staff. Lt. Gen Rafael (Raful) Eitan, briefed the alternative as our destruction''.

At 15:55 on 07 june 1981, the first F-15 and F-16's roared off the runway from Eltzion Air Force planes flew over Jordanian, Saudi, and Iraqi airspace.
    After a tense but uneventful low-level navigation route the fighters reached their Target.. They popped up at 17:35 and quickly identified the dome gleaming in the afternoon sunlight...

Iraqi defenses were caught by surprise and opened fire to late..

In one Minute and Twenty seconds the reactor lay in ruins..
    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Osirak.html

Now in 2006 There is talk about Israel and The U.S and Doing the same thing to IRAN.....Here's a link to Israels capability and possible help from The U.S...
    http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060717-105737-9603r.htm

Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Good research and if it happens be prepared for $5/gallon on the gas.
    IMO...The U.S./Japan alliance in conjunction with the Russia/China alliance will secretly be in agreement on this if and when it happens.

Putin and Bush have never been closer because both share the same problem as well as China and Japan to a lesser extent. Radical Islam will only be limited by SuperPower allignment.

3. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What does everyone in this forum Believe Israel and the U.S. should Do about Iran and it's Nuclear facilties??

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  4. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Syria Issued a Warning to Israel not to attack Syria..

Hang on everybody. with Condoleeza Issueing A Public Statement to the World that the BUSH Administration will let Israel take care of buisness..
    The Fuse is Lit in the Mid EAST..
    What should the Bush Administration Do Now????

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

There are many in the Middle East who have a thought they dare not publicly speak. All the years of Egyptians, Jordanians, Saudi Arabians, Iraqi's etc...complaining about Israel's treatment of the Palestinians has brought power to Hamas and Hizbollah.

Hamas and Hizbollah are better organized and better equipped than some countries. Kofi Anan wants to mediate this problem...but wait...Hizbollah is not even a country...how is that for the screwed up nature of the Middle East.

So...this is more the problem of the Middle East than the United States but the United States will do the dirty work here along with the Middle Easts new savior Israel....imagine that.

This problem was not born out of republicans, or because of Bush...it was created by Jew-Hating Arabs themselves...they brought Hamas and Hizbollah to power to fight the Jewish because they are NOT STATES and thus ARE NOT ACCOUNTABLE TO ANYONE in terms of agreements.

IMO...Iran will be dealt with by the United States with the secret approval of Japan, Russia & China. While the rest of the Middle East will condem us...they will be happy that the wolf of the Middle East has been nutered...this will be the most secret alliance ever on earth. Iran will lose and Syria will lose the most as whatever power they once had (Irans threat of nukes) dissappears.

Lebanon will function more like a government as Hizbollah is eliminated from all government positions. Hamas will then dissappear as the Palestianians come to realize they can better make deals with Israel than Hamas can terrorize them.

The extremist government of Iran will be overthrown as they are very much despised by the young students of the country anyways.

This will play out over the next 5-7 years...Condoleeza Rice will become the most powerfull woman in the world...becoming the 1st woman President in either 2008 or 2012.

All of this will play out when Iran is bombed back 20 years into existance. Let's not forget that out tactical nukes explode below ground with the majority of the force directed downwards. These strikes will be nuclear but it will not be Hiroshima. We're talking extremely localized devastation followed by an immediate
    U.N. force deployed.

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Get the f--k out of the region and watch it on CNN. When we get the troops home, we start building nuke plants and never worry about oil again.. I can dream, can't I?

7. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

With syria issueing a warning to Israel about attacking syria..
    And condoleeza rice expressing the bush administrations plans of not intervening...And Iran working steadfast on their nuclear capability to process plutonium for(MORE THAN LIKELY WEAPONS GRADE) ability to produce a nuclear bomb.....I ask all forum members to post what bush should do ? Attack Irans nuclear facilities alone or with ISRAEL....Or approach the matter like bush did with DPRK...what say you all?

8. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The possibility, of course, is the elephant in the room. Everyone knows that, including Iran.

I'm not so sure that Iran's air defenses are not as advanced as Iraq's were in 1981. I'm also not sure that the Iranian air force would be no problem for Israel.

We're definitely in unknown territory here.

As for Syria's warnings, they can be dismissed. Israel has no intention of attacking Syria, and if it decided to do so, it's Syria that should be worried, not Israel.

Wistahpatsfan, I understand where you're coming from--but what you suggest is a dream and cannot be anything else. We can't withdraw from the Middle East, thanks to the lack of foresight and effort on the part of every President since Eisenhower.

There was a time in the 1950s and 1960s, when America thought it could do anything it put its mind to, going to the moon being the peak of such accomplishments. But we never took the next step--not to Mars, but to energy independence.

I wait, with little hope, for the Presidential candidate who says, "If you elect me, I will oversee a Manhattan Project to create an everlasting supply of cheap energy, not only for us, but for the world. We will gather the best minds, the best organizers and managers, the most talented and driven people in the country, and give them enough money to do the job. I personally will spend whatever time is necessary to make this happen. This is my job #1 and our job #1 and until we accomplish it, we will put whatever we have to on hold. This is my promise and my pledge to you and this is what I want history to judge me by."

But of course, that pledge, truthfully delivered, would take more courage than we've seen from any political figure in my lifetime.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Too bad the liberals won't let us build those nuke plants, huh...? Of course don't forget, as I like to say, more people have died in Ted Kennedy's car than from all the nuclear disasters in the United States combined.

10. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Morning, care to opine on the thread topic? Your former military service man right? so you should feel comfortable in laying out your plan to this issue and what you would want the U.S. to do??

11. Gumby

Gumby 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

Iran's air defenses really won't come into play. They are better than Iraq but the real reason Isreal can't do an air strike is that the distance is just way too far. Unless we sold them a B1B they could never hit Iran by air.

But that is precisely why Isreal has been pursuing cruise missile technology and submarine capability for the last 10 years. (I'd be willing to bet even sometimes stealing from us when we wont sell it)

If they decide they need to take out Iran; they will use cruise missiles that the air defenses can't hit. The only question is do they have enough of a strike capability to use anything less than nukes to do it. My guess is no.

Iran has so hardened and buried in their mountains all their stuff (also hiding in from satellite coverage); the only think that will take it out is bunker busters with a nuclearwarhead. If you can pick the right mountain that they hid it under.

If it all comes to that it will be real real ugly.

If the US and Isreal ever want to get serious; they need to foment an non-attributable insurrection group in Iran and let the mullahs get a taste of their own medicine. Unfortunately fascists like these guys are real good at inhumanely putting down insurrections with no regard to 'geneva conventions' or 'human rights' while the world media will just turn away and ignore it.

12. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, but earlier in this thread, a military expert with lots of experience with the Israeli airforce said that Israel had two 707 tankers and that it had extended the range of its bombers. The expert said it could achieve 30-40 hits on Iranian territory with this configuration.

I don't know where you've gotten the info about the cruise missiles and submarines--but I must admit, I haven't heard of it. I doubt that Israel has built long range cruise missiles on its own--could the US have given them some? I also wonder about missile-launching submarines...making these is a major industrial enterprise....

Got some sources? I'm not challenging you, I'm just looking for information.

13. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your pro bush! and a patriot who served our country in the service....I would like to hear your clear Opinion on Iran and what bush or Israel should do about Irans nuclear capability....?

14. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What about you Pfiel, your currently in the servise and pro bush with respect to his foreign policies...What do you believe Bush or Israel whether a joint mission, or approval of the bush administration to let Israel take out Irans nuclear capability????lets hear your thoughts and beliefs?

15. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are you going to reappear back in this thread and state your decision on what bush should do with Irans nuclear capability and the threat to us and Israel? or are you just posting on lou dobbs, jane fonda, and clinton?
    Let's hear your case? QuiGon.?

16. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patsfan 13 Your a former military serviceman and a patriot ..
    A pro bush supporter on the GWOT.
    What do you think Bush should? elaborate a little bit please?

17. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ELO would you like to opine on what bush should do with repect to Irans nuclear facilities, allow Israel to bomb the nuclear sites, or help them in this mission????
    I figured since your pro bush and believe IN the GWOT that this might be of interest to you? Care to state what you want to happen? and HOW??

18. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HEY
    PFIEL
    patsfan13
    Elo rocks
    QuiGon
    I notice you are all this forum right now, why don't you opine on this very important topic???

You can post about dobbs,kathleen wileys cat being killed and clinton raping women but not this topic?

What about Irans Nuclear Facilities??

19. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is NO bush videos in this thread, so you don't have to fret aboutTHAT!
    Theres NO eyewitness testimony from senior officials, NO worries THERE!
    No discussions on constitutional quarantees being Neglected, No Pain there.
    All I am asking is for all of you, or at least one of you to state what bush should do about Irans Nuclear Sites, nothing more nothing less, be genuine and clear about your decision on how you want bush to handle this Nuclear Issue??
    PFEIL?
    PATSFAN13?
    QUIGON?
    ELOROCKS?
    PATSNUTME?
    DEANPATSFAN?
    PATSBLUE?

20. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,371 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Lots of nutured posters I think Blue collar...come on boys belly up to the bar!!!