Welcome to PatsFans.com

Israeli Ministers Mull Plans for Military Strike against Iran

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Jun 17, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

This is a disturbing scenario to me. Just as it seems that Iraq may finally be settaling down this could cause the ME to erupt again. Not only that but effect the outcome of the U.S. elections if carried out. I don't buy the argument put forth that Isreal is doomed even by Iran possesing the BOMB. If the Mullahs in Iran were crazy enough to nuke Isreal they'ed take out the Palistinians as well. And isn't that the whole point, get ridd of the Isrealies so the Palistinians can have their own state...... On top of that the leaders of Iran must surely know Isreal would wipe Iran off the map.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,,00.html

The Israeli government no longer believes that sanctions can prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons. A broad consensus in favor of a military strike against Tehran's nuclear facilities -- without the Americans, if necessary -- is beginning to take shape.

Dani Yatom, a member of the Israeli parliament, the Knesset, was invited to attend a NATO conference in Brussels last year. While reviewing the agenda, Yatom, a retired major general, was surprised to see that the meeting was titled "The Iranian Challenge" and not "The Iranian Threat."

When a speaker with a French accent mentioned that a US military strike against Iranian nuclear facilities would be the most dangerous scenario of all, Yatom said, politely but firmly: "Sir, you are wrong. The worst scenario would be if Iran acquired an atom bomb."..........

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +517 / 14 / -28

War is not the answer, give me that old time Mossad or CIA any day of the week..

3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +226 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Well from what they're doing thats what were headed for.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I could give a rat's azz of Mossad blows up a plant or two. Ass long as no Iranian kids get blown apart.

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Awwwww come on Wista, everyone knows little Iranian mullas grow up to be big Iranian mullas, might as well get em' early. Come on kiddies, stand closer together, that's right :singing: :eek:

I'm kidding...... OF COURSE. I don't think it'll come to all out war, but given the rhetoric coming out of Tehran these last few years, it's hardly surprising the hackles of the Israeli military going up.