Welcome to PatsFans.com

Israeli Lobbyist Groups Cited for Intelligence Chief Candidate's Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Mar 12, 2009.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Guess he must be an anti-semite, after all anything negative about Israel or its associates must secretly want Jews to burn, say Zionists. I guess we'll see some more character assassination like what happened to Jimmy Carter or the Deans of Harvard Law School and UChicago. It would be excellent if we had more Jewish Americans who cared more about America than they did about Israel.
    --------
    Obama's choice for top security posts withdraws candidature - International Herald Tribune

[WASHINGTON: Charles Freeman Jr., President Barack Obama's choice for a major intelligence post, has withdrawn his name and blamed pro-Israel lobbying groups for his decision, saying they had distorted his record and campaigned against him.

In a message to colleagues and friends, first posted Tuesday evening on Foreign Policy magazine's Web site, Freeman blamed pro-Israel groups for the controversy, saying the "tactics of the Israel Lobby plumb the depths of dishonor and indecency and include character assassination, selective misquotation, the willful distortion of the record, the fabrication of falsehoods, and an utter disregard for the truth." ]

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yet another stupid pick by Obama's staff or himself. His relationship with the Saudis is almost as tight as Bush's. I don't see anti-Israel comments as the same thing as anti-Jewish. Screw Israel and the Saudis.

That being said, here is one of the comments that got him in trouble:

..."as long as the United States continues unconditionally to provide the subsidies and political protection that make the Israeli occupation and the high-handed and self-defeating policies it engenders possible, there is little, if any, reason to hope that anything resembling the former peace process can be resurrected."

I think that's accurate.

3. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

And it had nothing to do with his being a puppet of the Saudis or an apologist for the repressive Chinese government. What was his comment after the massacre in Tienanmen square, the real problem was that the Chinese gov't let the protests go on for too long??? Oh yeah he was the right man for this job........

4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +894 / 12 / -7

Now you effed the game up. Didn't you read the official "I am not an Antisemite guide to the Middle East"?

1) Any person, place, or thing is significant only in relation to Israel
    2) Having established a link to Israel, any person, place, or thing becomes disproportionately important
    3) This has nothing to do with Israel's status as the only majority-Jewish occupied state in the world, except that, well, of course, Israel shouldn't exist.
    4) I am not an antisemite, nor is my motive associated in any way with antisemitism, and just in case my behavior makes it seem very likely that I am, I accuse you prophylactically of "playing an antisemitism card."

Now, where in that set of rules do you see anything about China??? Saudi Arabia???

The GAME has to do with ISRAEL, Philly! Get with the program!

My thanks to Maverick for keeping us apprised of all current events touching on his area of special expertise, Israel.

(wait for it... wait for it... cue "boy do you have a blind spot" blather in 3... 2... 1...)

PFnV

5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +894 / 12 / -7

By the way, I personally take offense at this statement, as a Jewish American. I'd be an idiot not to.

Good thing you're not antisemitic though!

6. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +894 / 12 / -7

I would imagine that those who purchase this marker would as well.
    [​IMG]

Or those buried here:
    [​IMG]

Or those wearing America's uniform abroad:
    Jews in Green : Jewish Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans Speak

Or various others, throughout American life, who participate visibly in American life, and can never, from the day they achieve visibility, be considered separate from their Jewish identity; the Jewish singer Barbara Streisand, the late Jewish senator Jacob Javitz, etc. etc. etc.

And clowns like the OP on this thread will make certain to question their allegiances because by and large, most Jews also support Israel.

Naturally, the OP makes certain to complain American Jews will call him an antisemite, in the same breath that he antisemitically and systematically questions the loyalty of American Jews. All American Jews who don't toe your own personal party line.

Our mods don't usually give a damn, so I won't expect much backup here. But I personally don't need to watch for the next step, most likely the desecration of markers like the one pictured above.

You, my friend, are an antisemite. Pure and simple. Not because I called you one, because of your own despicable words.

Tell me allllll about how much you care for your countrymen. I'm obviously not included among them.

Go to hell,

PFnV

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  7. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +510 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Maverick has some special place (up his arse) for Isreal PFiVA. It's one of the strangest things I've ever seen by any member of this board. When ever there is even a HINT of news that may shine negatively upon Israel, Maverick POUNCES on it like flies on the proverbial sh!t.

I'm beginning to think it has to do with you personally. It's actually getting kind of fun watching him embaress himself.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

He's the wrong man for the job, obviously.

And I need to qualify my first post. While the statement I quoted is accurate, it by no means is the only reason there can't be peace in the Middle East. Jewish, Christian and Muslim lunatics and their claims on the "Holy Land" are collectively the problem there. It's by no means the fault of Jews worldwide. The blame can be shared by all parties. I don't know the breakdown of the blame pie, buy if the blame pie components were: "Religion", "Logic", "Reason", and "Humanity", I would give a 90% slice to "Religion".

9. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Seems so; very polarizing choice and FWIW this also happens to be very newsworthy(it's everywhere today) so I don't get the "digging up anti-Israel stuff" references but whatever. Another pick bites the dust:cool: